Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I know some of you are not keen on 'cut and paste jobs' but they can't be any worse than the inane and irritating postings of a certain West ham supporter. Why he can't keep his incessant drivel to his own thread is frankly beyond my comprehension.

Anyway here's a couple of news items, although the first one is obviously not to be taken too seriously.

1. Spurs to get their own back for the past thefts of Sheringham, Berbatov and Carrick

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp last night joked that he would like to take advantage of Wayne Rooney’s spectacular fall-out with Sir Alex Ferguson - and then warned seriously that player-power has taken over.

As much as he would love to see Rooney at White Hart Lane, Redknapp knows there are few clubs in the world who could afford such a deal and that as ambitious as Spurs are, they could not stretch that far.

He said: “I’m going to speak to the chairman and see if he’s going to get Rooney to Tottenham - but I doubt very much that will happen. He’s not going to be cheap, is he?”

2. Tottenham will be forced to spend £10m if they want to sign Dynamo Zagreb youngster Mateo Kovacic.

The 16-year-old is about to sign his first professional contract at the Croatian club, where he has been described as the 'jewel' in their team.

The deal contains a hefty buyout clause, designed to deter any advances from Spurs and a number of German clubs said to be interested in the playmaker.

Reports in the Serbian press suggest the player hailed as the 'Croatian Messi' is on Tottenham's radar and Zagreb have moved quickly to secure the player's services.

I know some of you are not keen on 'cut and paste jobs' but they can't be any worse than the inane and irritating postings of a certain West ham supporter. Why he can't keep his incessant drivel to his own thread is frankly beyond my comprehension.

& that's because you might have trouble comprehending a lot of things Sweetcheeks, like the fact that a few of us on here actually KNOW each other outside of this wonderful Internet Forum & have a giggle on it..

Put me on ignore Mobi Dick & make me go away, easy as that, ignorance is bliss as they say & that would be right up your Street judging from various Posts of yours i've read before..:)

Can i give this one the Picture ??

You know, the smiling, brylcream Picture of the Guy doing the...............??

Winds me up big time these people, smoke coming out of my poxy Ears now, i'd ideally love to do a Celtic Bhoy job on you but i'm far too advanced for that..

Everything i write on here is the truth & has a level of humour to it & a form of jest, but you're such a T*ttenham Person, you simply can not comprehend that, as you SOOOO rightly pointed out..:angry:

I despise the majority of them so much i get Pins & Needles in my head !!!!! :angry:

Bwah, i shit em.

Winds me up big time these people, smoke coming out of my poxy Ears now, i'd ideally love to do a Celtic Bhoy job on you but i'm far too advanced for that..

Everything i write on here is the truth & has a level of humour to it & a form of jest, but you're such a T*ttenham Person, you simply can not comprehend that, as you SOOOO rightly pointed out..:angry:

I despise the majority of them so much i get Pins & Needles in my head !!!!! :angry:

Bwah, i shit em.

Hmm.... when you learn to write in comprehensible English, ("Bwah, i shit em" - what, in all that's holy in the Queen's English is that supposed to mean????),I might deign to give you the honour of a lengthy response.

Your so-called 'humour' is only self moderated to the extent that you wish to avoid a repeat of the past when you were so abusive in this light hearted, social, Spurs Lovers' thread that you were obliged to take a holiday.

I remember it well.... such peaceful times......may they come again one day...... :mellow:

Bwah, i shit em.

Hmm.... when you learn to write in comprehensible English, ("Bwah, i shit em" - what, in all that's holy in the Queen's English is that supposed to mean????),I might deign to give you the honour of a lengthy response.

Your so-called 'humour' is only self moderated to the extent that you wish to avoid a repeat of the past when you were so abusive in this light hearted, social, Spurs Lovers' thread that you were obliged to take a holiday.

I remember it well.... such peaceful times......may they come again one day...... :mellow:

post-55211-001903100 1287593225_thumb.jp

Bwah, i shit em.

Ahahahahahahaha some of us are never happy.....mate I';m on Leyton High road in the King Billy Iv pub with the West Ham mob.......send the boys round but better let 'em know the round is on imola. ;)

Back there in a mo after I finish me Kebabish.....fine dining in the East End! :D

EDIT: Spare ticket for the return match anyone? Come on carmine you know you owe me one......:D

Edited by smokie36

That was a hard lesson hopefully well learnt. Our defensive errors were very poor. We made them look much better than perhaps they are although ofcourse they are an extremely good side. But, i saw enough to know we can do well in the return leg. Bale and Lennon should cause a lot of problems, VDV will be back and hopefully Dawson. ( Know doubt Inter will be hoping we play Croutch and Keane again. :( )

I don't have any complaints about the game although i don't think that Slovenian ref gave us anything.

The Gareth Bale question should make for an interesting transfer window in January! At the age of 21 what must he be worth?

West Ham Mob my arse, you've got more chance of being in there with the Stars out of Desmond's..;)

15 mins played & i take it all back about Benitez, he's great, i love him..:D

Enjoy your night Smokie..;)

Nothing to do with Benitez. We gifted them with schoolboy defending. If anything they look more vulnerable than they did last year.

Don't worry about Singhy Mobi, agreed he can be a silly billy but he is really a good kind of guy with a big heart:o .

You have to remember that being a west ham fan on TV is a lonely existance and is liken to being a puppy in a cage all on his own, whereby his puppy mates ( Imola and Happy hammer) have gone to good homes and the puppy (Singhy) all lonely and destitute looks out on all the big dogs having fun, frolicking,running around and doing all the things dogs do ! and thinks "why can't I be with them" while occassionly he might escape his cage and join in the frollicks he is usually reprimanded fairly quickly and sent back to his cage with his tail between his legs.

As he gets older, the puppy will come to realize that this how life is meant to be and I accept his boring existence although still looking at the other dogs with envy, every now and again a lady dog will be introduced and the puppy actually starts enjoying life but this is very short lived as she is removed as quickly as she is put in.

I suppose this could also describe a west ham fan in general.

Edited by alfieconn

West Ham Mob my arse, you've got more chance of being in there with the Stars out of Desmond's..;)

By mob I meant a bunch of West Ham fans not.....

And at least 98% of the customers would be well advised to buy suncream with a high SPF.....if it wasn't -3C outside of course.

Shame this was all over really after the second goal......look forward to the rematch in a fortnight when the roof should come off the Lane..

And on that subject got me ticket yet carmine old son? ;)

Don't worry about Singhy Mobi, agreed he can be a silly billy but he is really a good kind of guy with a big heart:o .

You have to remember that being a west ham fan on TV is a lonely existance and is liken to being a puppy in a cage all on his own, whereby his puppy mates ( Imola and Happy hammer) have gone to good homes and the puppy (Singhy) all lonely and destitute looks out on all the big dogs having fun, frolicking,running around and doing all the things dogs do ! and thinks "why can't I be with them" while occassionly he might escape his cage and join in the frollicks he is usually reprimanded fairly quickly and sent back to his cage with his tail between his legs.

As he gets older, the puppy will come to realize that this how life is meant to be and I accept his boring existence although still looking at the other dogs with envy, every now and again a lady dog will be introduced and the puppy actually starts enjoying life but this is very short lived as she is removed as quickly as she is put in.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good to see the Tottenham thread is alive and well with banter unlike most of the others.

And at least 98% of the customers would be well advised to buy suncream with a high SPF.....if it wasn't -3C outside of course.

Shame this was all over really after the second goal......look forward to the rematch in a fortnight when the roof should come off the Lane..

I would be mortified smokie if anyone i know would hand out their ticket for the return leg. The commentator said during the game last night night that there was in excess of 10000 Spurs fans at the game so i'm doubting you'll get a ticket for the home leg. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good to see the Tottenham thread is alive and well with banter unlike most of the others.

Yeah great post alfie! :lol:

I would be mortified smokie if anyone i know would hand out their ticket for the return leg. The commentator said during the game last night night that there was in excess of 10000 Spurs fans at the game so i'm doubting you'll get a ticket for the home leg. ;)

A source of great disappointment this is carmine........as you say could sell ut this one over and over. I'll just have to brush up my Italian I guess that's the best chance of nabbing a ticket now....

Yeah great post alfie! :lol:

Thirded..:(:D

Got to say, & i have said it for ages, that Mong Boy has the potential to be one of the best Lef Siided Players in the World & that's not an exagerration..

He can be taught Defending, if his Manager thought that his best position would be at Left Back ( which i personally don't ) like Henry seems to on occasions..

But you can't teach that physique that he has, his height, his strength etc, that is such a massive asset in modern Football & the thing that many people, Press included that i have read so far, have overlooked is who his direct opponent was last night..

His direct opponent was undoubtedly the best Right Back on teh Planet, undoubtedly, & Mong Boy made him look a bit like Gary Neville on a bad day at times, & not only for the goals..

But Inter in teh second half were a disgrace, Benitez should hang his head in shame..

How on earth can a Team be 4-0 up inside 34 mins, then play just under the hour against an inferior Team with a Man less & lose 3-0 ??

Disgraceful & says a lot about Benitez, in my very honest opinion..

& before any Bentiez Fans say " But they were 4-0 up " etc, that was Mourinho's Team, my Nan would have the nous to buy Samuel Eto & play him up front so he scored Goals if she could & if she was Inter Milan's Manager..

What a night!! In the first half Tottenham weren't at the races. ripped to shreds by a v v effective attacking display by, arguably, the best team in Europe. half time TBH, I was fearing the worst maybe a 7 /8 goal defeat!!

But full marks to ari, his HT 'chat' seemed to sort them right out and from a disgraceful display by the spurs in the first half we saw spurs turn the cards and as ms said pushed them into a disgraceful 2nd half display. the game 4 me seemed to change after we brought keane on. we, up to then offered no threat going 4 ward . with keane on for some reason we appeared to be able to hold the ball upfront a little better, then seemed to offer an attacking threat, seemed to sort of relieved the pressure on our defence and midfield and gave us the confidence to attack Big up to Bale, what a hat trick.

Nothing to do with Benitez. We gifted them with schoolboy defending. If anything they look more vulnerable than they did last year.

1 ) Too true, see " Second Half display ".

2 ) Too true, see " Rafael Benitez "

You can't really go wrong if you have a striker banging goals in the way Eto is. Tottenham were a joke in the first 30 minutes and made them look good. In short we were embarrasing. Our back four were appalling.

I am very hopeful for the second leg because whilst Benitez said days prior to the match that Spurs' threat would come from the flanks he did'nt seem to know what to do about it even though we were down to ten men for eighty minutes. We might also have some first team defenders back because our second string is not up to it at this level.

That match turned out in many ways to be a glorious defeat. Now theres positive thinking!!:lol:

You can't really go wrong if you have a striker banging goals in the way Eto is. Tottenham were a joke in the first 30 minutes and made them look good. In short we were embarrasing. Our back four were appalling.

I am very hopeful for the second leg because whilst Benitez said days prior to the match that Spurs' threat would come from the flanks he did'nt seem to know what to do about it even though we were down to ten men for eighty minutes. We might also have some first team defenders back because our second string is not up to it at this level.

That match turned out in many ways to be a glorious defeat. Now theres positive thinking!!:lol:

Regarding our defenders I hope we do have our central defenders fit for the rematch.....push Gallas out at left back and hopefully we won't be caught napping so easily. Frankly if that muppet plays there again we will be losing more goals against the top sides. I'd say its as important to buy a good left back as it is a striker in January. ;)

And yeah singhy you called this one correct Bale is way too important going forward to be wasted playing there.

You cant just say Bale should be playing left midfield as he's too important to be left back. He can still come forward and has proven this numerous times. Having him at LB at time gives us some great options in midfield pending on the tactical situation. Number one, it allows us to play VDV and Modric. It also offers us great attacking options from the back with Hutton and Bale.

For example, i think our best side is probably;

Gomes

Hutton Dawson King Bale

Sandro Huddlestone

Lennon Van Der Vaart Modric

Defoe

<BR>You cant just say Bale should be playing left midfield as he's too important to be left back. He can still come forward and has proven this numerous times. Having him at LB at time gives us some great options in midfield pending on the tactical situation. Number one, it allows us to play VDV and Modric. It also offers us great attacking options from the back with Hutton and Bale.<BR><BR>For example, i think our best side is probably;<BR><BR> Gomes<BR><BR> Hutton Dawson King Bale<BR><BR> Sandro Huddlestone<BR><BR> Lennon Van Der Vaart Modric<BR><BR> Defoe<BR>

Of course he can play at LB, & do it very well..

I was speaking with someone the other day & was saying that the Defensive side of the Game can be taught ( not necessarily by his current Manager however ) & i'm sure he'd make a very good Left Back..

But, in my opinion, i don't think that is his best position & neither does Henry as if i remember rightly, he didn't rate him at all last Year & left him out of a lot of Games as he thought he was a liabity in his Defensive duties, which he may actually have been at thet time..

The Boy is a weapon, an attacking weapon..

Buy another Left Back, have Bale backing him up when you haven't got the Ball, have the Left Back backing Bale up ( not that he'd need to ) when you have got the Ball, simples..

He would be the ultimate outlet if you played a 4-3-3 with the Ball & a 4-5-1 without it..<BR>

Edited by MSingh

<BR>You cant just say Bale should be playing left midfield as he's too important to be left back. He can still come forward and has proven this numerous times. Having him at LB at time gives us some great options in midfield pending on the tactical situation. Number one, it allows us to play VDV and Modric. It also offers us great attacking options from the back with Hutton and Bale.<BR><BR>For example, i think our best side is probably;<BR><BR> Gomes<BR><BR> Hutton Dawson King Bale<BR><BR> Sandro Huddlestone<BR><BR> Lennon Van Der Vaart Modric<BR><BR> Defoe<BR>

I was speaking with someone the other day & was saying that the Defensive side of the Game can be taught ( not necessarily by his current Manager however ) & i'm sure he'd make a very good Left Back..

But, in my opinion, i don't think that is his best position & neither does Henry as if i remember rightly, he didn't rate him at all last Year & left him out of a lot of Games as he thought he was a liabity in his Defensive duties, which he may actually have been at thet time..

Buy another Left Back, have Bale backing him up when you haven't got the Ball, have the Left Back backing Bale up ( not that he'd need to ) when you have got the Ball, simples..

He would be the ultimate outlet if you played a 4-3-3 with the Ball & a 4-5-1 without it..<BR>

Yes i hear what you are saying Mr Singh. Interestingly, "Henry" has taken an aweful lot of credit for the form of our monkey boy and its credit he desrves none of. He was a Comelli purchase for starters. He was left in the reserves for months and was only brought back into the first team because Assou Ekkoto was injured and we had no one else. He did'nt rate him as an attacking option either as proven with our constant pursuit of Downing. Funnily enough the same situation applies to Pavlyuchenko. IMHO it was the form of these two that made the difference and pulled us through to fourth spot last season and theres no way "Henry" would have picked them bar injuries forcing the issue. Both these guys at the time were considered the weaker options.

Edited by carmine

Yes i hear what you are saying Mr Singh. Interestingly, "Henry" has taken an aweful lot of credit for the form of our monkey boy and its credit he desrves none of. He was a Comelli purchase for starters. He was left in the reserves for months and was only brought back into the first team because Assou Ekkoto was injured and we had no one else. He did'nt rate him as an attacking option either as proven with our constant pursuit of Downing. Funnily enough the same situation applies to Pavlyuchenko. IMHO it was the form of these two that made the difference and pulled us through to fourth spot last season and theres no way "Henry" would have picked them bar injuries forcing the issue. Both these guys at the time were considered the weaker options.

I know Carmine, madness..

I actually rate the Russian too, a lot..

He does come accross as lazy but he's got a lovely touch & is a top finisher..

Henry takes the credit for a lot of things though that are not of his doing, & swerves like an F16 away from things that he should be held accountable/reasponsible for..;)

I know Carmine, madness..

I actually rate the Russian too, a lot..

He does come accross as lazy but he's got a lovely touch & is a top finisher..

Henry takes the credit for a lot of things though that are not of his doing, & swerves like an F16 away from things that he should be held accountable/reasponsible for..;)

Pavluchenko is our top scoring striker this season. Crouch has looked pedestrian and against the Italians he was even losing out on headers &lt;deleted&gt;.....what is the point of playing him at all I'm wondering?

Maybe today 'Arry will see the light I just wonder if he's going to play two up front anainst Everton or go for a much preferred attacking midfield option. Atv least VDV will bang in a goal or two and Bale....well....:D