Tottenham Thread

chonabot

^Alfie that table you added above as I understand it, shows players at a club this season who came through that club's academy. It includes John Terry who made his debut for Chelsea in 1998.

Since 1998 our academy has produced 49 (or 48 if you want to exclude kelechi) players who have debuted for City.

This season, 4 players including Kelechi have debutted.

Other academy players make the bench but don't get lucky enough to debut...Maffeo came close in the past week but has now gone out on loan to Spain, Humphreys is another in the past week..

There will be other players who didn't debut for City but are professional footballers elsewhere.

The FA youth cup final is a good indicator of the health of a clubs youth status. We've been in the final twice in the past decade including last season (Spurs?).

Ok?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

^Alfie that table you added above as I understand it, shows players at a club this season who came through that club's academy. It includes John Terry who made his debut for Chelsea in 1998.

Since 1998 our academy has produced 49 (or 48 if you want to exclude kelechi) players who have debuted for City.

This season, 4 players including Kelechi have debutted.

Other academy players make the bench but don't get lucky enough to debut...Maffeo came close in the past week but has now gone out on loan to Spain, Humphreys is another in the past week..

There will be other players who didn't debut for City but are professional footballers elsewhere.

The FA youth cup final is a good indicator of the health of a clubs youth status. We've been in the final twice in the past decade including last season (Spurs?).

Ok?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

A. I didn't produce the chart.

B. I think it only applies to the Premier League so did the 3 debut in the league ?

C. It ses signed before they were 17 so as i stated, Kelechi doesn't apply and to be fair i cannot see how you can say that he came through your academy as he didn't sign proper until his 18th birthday.

D. Re Terry, it doesn't take in to regard when they made there debut, just who's played this season.

Anyway i'm not too sure why your so concerned about your academy because as you said "In football the richer clubs have always been able to buy in" whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

^A. I didn't produce the chart. - Noted

B. I think it only applies to the Premier League so did the 3 debut in the league ?

- i didn't produce the Wiki page, go read the details, they are thwre.

C. It ses signed before they were 17 so as i stated, Kelechi doesn't apply and to be fair i cannot see how you can say that he came through your academy as he didn't sign proper until his 18th birthday. - I followed your lead and didn't include Kelechi. Also it was the table you posted and the wiki page that says Kelechi is classed as academy player.

D. Re Terry, it doesn't take in to regard when they made there debut, just who's played this season. - No it didn't make that distinction, I did to show that since 1998 Terrys debut, we have been producing talent pre-money and post-money days..

Anyway i'm not too sure why your so concerned about your academy because as you said "In football the richer clubs have always been able to buy in" - I'm not concerned about our academy, you raised it. City are very comfortable with our academy, go ask ManU about it ;-)

^A. I didn't produce the chart. - Noted

C. It ses signed before they were 17 so as i stated, Kelechi doesn't apply and to be fair i cannot see how you can say that he came through your academy as he didn't sign proper until his 18th birthday. - I followed your lead and didn't include Kelechi. Also it was the table you posted and the wiki page that says Kelechi is classed as academy player.

D. Re Terry, it doesn't take in to regard when they made there debut, just who's played this season. - No it didn't make that distinction, I did to show that since 1998 Terrys debut, we have been producing talent pre-money and post-money days..

Anyway i'm not too sure why your so concerned about your academy because as you said "In football the richer clubs have always been able to buy in" - I'm not concerned about our academy, you raised it. City are very comfortable with our academy, go ask ManU about it ;-)

B. i didn't ask you if you produced the Wiki page and being as you watch all the games i thought you might know if they debuted or not !

C. You did include Kelechi, you said " 4 players including Kelechi have debutted", the table i posted as i stated was incorrect as it was players who signed before 17 years old and obviously what wiki 's criteria is for an academy player is not the same as the chart i posted, incidently in your view did Kelechi come through your academy ?

D. It didn't need to, it said " For this analysis an academy graduate is a player who signed before his 17th birthday without making senior appearances for another club " i would have thought that was self explanatory !

^ because it sounds good alfie and.spending wedge on that probably has positive tax implications and.also probably went or goes towards their fair play balance.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^just on academies, I think they have 2 purposes, to try and bring through talent you can use and to try and bring through players you can sell...Chelsea seem to be the UK leaders based on FA Youthcup talent and young talent in, loaned or sold.

Correct, so i don't know why your talking about Chelsea because they haven't done a lot of either recently.

I wondered why you didn't answer, now i know why.

Anyway, no they didn't, in fact none of them even made full debuts,not even in the Mickey Mouse cup.

Anyway, no they didn't, in fact none of them even made full debuts,not even in the Mickey Mouse cup.

George Evans and Manu Garcia debutted for City vs Sunderland on Tuesday 22 September 2015, 7:45PM Stadium of Light Capital One Cup

Bersant Celina made his debut in Saturday 09 January 2016, 3:00PM at Carrow Road Att:22,000 FA Cup.

Nacho obviously also debutted this season.

Believe it was a on that Wiki page.

George Evans and Manu Garcia debutted for City vs Sunderland on Tuesday 22 September 2015, 7:45PM Stadium of Light Capital One Cup

Bersant Celina made his debut in Saturday 09 January 2016, 3:00PM at Carrow Road Att:22,000 FA Cup.

Nacho obviously also debutted this season.

Believe it was a on that Wiki page.

Yep none in the league and all as subs, impressive.

Edited by alfieconn

^ so.still at this mo your multi million , billion? Supposed world class academy hasnt produced a player that a manager feels is good enough to start a prem game. MARVELOUS. money well spent ...

^ I think you would be correct that Mancini and Pellegrini hasn't deemed a City junior/academy player good enough to start for City. Will we find a player in our ranks good enough to hold down a position, time will tell.

Of the 44 players listed in that table, how many of them are top quality and capable of getting in to a championship winning Premier team? Not many. Terry is the cream of the crop, Bellerin looks like he has a great future, Barkley has great potential and looks like he'll make it to the top, but there's only a few others.

^I find it funny that some on these forums seem to think City's acadamy is a stick to beat us with...it's not. If we discover a few diamonds we can use or sell on great, but we'll continue to buy regardless.

Your academy will continue to give us amusement until you produce quality Premiership players... simple as that.

^I find it funny that some on these forums seem to think City's acadamy is a stick to beat us with...it's not. If we discover a few diamonds we can use or sell on great, but we'll continue to buy regardless.

Your academy will continue to give us amusement until you produce quality Premiership players... simple as that.

Well simple things amuse simple minds, apparently.

The prem should have something stipulating that there should be xx amount of appearances and x amount of squad places for players at a cost of? Points ,, money

No European football ? Not sure what, but 'ah well were doing our best we've spent ??? On academies' Ain't working. For football good zero and 2 ect participants just can't be allowed to carry on

You'll be saying we should have the Draft next. ;-)

In football the richer clubs have always been able to buy in and the poorer teams use their academies (reserve team as was)...hence Sunderland bought and were known as the Bank of England club in the 50s...It's nothing new folks.

For once you are correct lad. It is indeed nothing new....However you are well behind the times......Try Arsenal in the thirties and thank me later before Chicog lays into youbiggrin.png

Yep so finally you admit what we all know the academy means little or nothing to you. Its obvious it means jack sh+-t to the club,, but the fans thinking that,, that's different

Yep so finally you admit what we all know the academy means little or nothing to you. Its obvious it means jack sh+-t to the club,, but the fans thinking that,, that's different

Wrong!

The acedemy means the same now as it's always done; the training ground for our young players to come through. The difference since 2008 is we don't have to rely on our youngsters anymore to come through. I get enormous pride in our youth team getting through to the FA Youth cup final and doing well in the European competition. We just don't make a song and dance about our youth/academy like some I know.

]

The prem should have something stipulating that there should be xx amount of appearances and x amount of squad places for players at a cost of? Points ,, money

No European football ? Not sure what, but 'ah well were doing our best we've spent ??? On academies' Ain't working. For football good zero and 2 ect participants just can't be allowed to carry on

You'll be saying we should have the Draft next. ;-)

In football the richer clubs have always been able to buy in and the poorer teams use their academies (reserve team as was)...hence Sunderland bought and were known as the Bank of England club in the 50s...It's nothing new folks.

For once you are correct lad. It is indeed nothing new....However you are well behind the times......Try Arsenal in the thirties and thank me later before Chicog lays into youbiggrin.png

How magnanimous and knowledgeable you are, lad.

]

Whoops thought he was talk to me

Anyway decent win. So glad defoe didn't have the nouce to pull the ball back onto his right as was said on the box would defo been a different game. However Sam admitted more or less our tempo ran their poor old legs ragged. Ahhhh!!!!

Edited by rijit

Whoops thought he was talk to me

Anyway decent win. So glad defoe didn't have the nouce to pull the ball back onto his right as was said on the box would defo been a different game. However Sam admitted more or less our tempo ran their poor old legs ragged. Ahhhh!!!!

The best team won.

Well simple things amuse simple minds, apparently.

That's just plain bitter, Mr Bitter. tongue.png

Wrong!

The acedemy means the same now as it's always done; the training ground for our young players to come through. The difference since 2008 is we don't have to rely on our youngsters anymore to come through. I get enormous pride in our youth team getting through to the FA Youth cup final and doing well in the European competition. We just don't make a song and dance about our youth/academy like some I know.

]

Because as we have been discussing for many post's you have nothing to make a song and dance about gigglem.gif

• Like 1

Wrong alfie they make a song and dance about how their facilities are 'world class '::and how much they've spent on them. just prefer others not to make a song and dance about it. not delivering :P