Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

So Poch doesn't want to sell him for 50m, Mourinho want's pay 50m for him, Southgate put's him his team but you find all them faults with him, now what does that say about your knowledge of him ?

it aint personal it's an opinion alfie grow the f up  and stop jumping in and  having a go just because its diferent.

as for ronnie mentioning lamella , i'm sure he'll be bac with a bang ABSOLUTLY GARUNTEED.. he's the only one of the baleish  money thats still around that aint signed a new contract and a year  ish to run so BANG ON he's looking to move on  for nish.

As 4 sissoko, thought he started to step up towards the end of the season.. even just post the general critism he was doing some  decent 40/50 yard runs  getting no mention from ANYONE commentators or fans. not the same but reminded me a bit of  when waddle joined spurs he was abso stunning and still getting booed by england and spurs fans alike, they didnt look at the real issue ie football all they saw was his rounded shoulders ..  i'll go sissoko this year  will have a half way decent season.

40 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Where have i gave my opinion ? and strange that neither of you two mention Poch, Mourinho and Southgate's opinion !!!

Thankfully you kept your mind numbing opinions to yourself and done what all good 2nd rate associates of the game do and punt other people's words and opinions.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Where have i gave my opinion ? and strange that neither of you two mention Poch, Mourinho and Southgate's opinion !!!

alfie, coarse poch doasnt want to lose him he can do a reasonable job however he has dropped him from his first choise 11, southgate choice of prem exp/standard dm's is limited

barring carrick there aint any or is there ? god help us if he plays henderson there !!!

and from what i've read murries borderline desperate, dier is  behind matic and someone else who i cant recall have both   blanked utds  approachs making dier  his 3r d ish  choise.  muri  or managers in general dont give a f###c about how much, 5 mil 500 mil all he/they want are  player the monies down to the cheif exec . though cant blame dier 4 wanting the off utd will double or more  his wages and as i said b4 we can do some serious damage with 50 mil bung in the walker money and we WILL ROCK and roll

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

alfie, coarse poch doasnt want to lose him he can do a reasonable job however he has dropped him from his first choise 11, southgate choice of prem exp/standard dm's is limited

barring carrick there aint any or is there ? god help us if he plays henderson there !!!

and from what i've read murries borderline desperate, dier is  behind matic and someone else who i cant recall have both   blanked utds  approachs making dier  his 3r d ish  choise.  muri  or managers in general dont give a f###c about how much, 5 mil 500 mil all he/they want are  player the monies down to the cheif exec . though cant blame dier 4 wanting the off utd will double or more  his wages and as i said b4 we can do some serious damage with 50 mil bung in the walker money and we WILL ROCK and roll

Yeah and before you get carried away just remember where your home games are and be thankful for securing Europa league footy next season.

42 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yeah and before you get carried away just remember where your home games are and be thankful for securing Europa league footy next season.

yeah tbh if it were virtually any spurs team in the last 50 years i'de make you totally right and be waiting in trepidation but this lot under poch they've got something about them i hesitate to say special however,,,,,, they may stagger but 100% they will come good,  your not blind you've seen them and the way the fight bac. And i can totally  see where the other spurs fans are hesitant about selling bits of it off given the half hearted over paid over rated  crap  weve put up with it aint surprising However given the new stadium wembley ect ect,  100 mil for 2 players that cost 10 and aint 100% starters and could be argued showed signs of being a touch  by the wayside,, imo  just is too good to turn down, even today its maybe 4 or  5 or knowing poch maybe more, decent hungry young players coming in. 

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

So he only does a reasonable but Poch doesn't want 50m for him :shock1:

From the Telegraph :

While United’s interest in Matic was genuine, the Serb was only third choice on their list of targets.

Dier has always been Mourinho’s top midfield target and United have not stopped working on negotiations over the 23-year-old at any point.

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Who did kyle walker replace at Spurs?
I've got this vague recollection that he's injury prone but i see he's played an average 38 games over the past 6 seasons for spurs.

My 2 questions weren't related; just curious about our new boy.

29 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So he only does a reasonable but Poch doesn't want 50m for him :shock1:

From the Telegraph :

While United’s interest in Matic was genuine, the Serb was only third choice on their list of targets.

Dier has always been Mourinho’s top midfield target and United have not stopped working on negotiations over the 23-year-old at any point.

really afie you still  think poch the manager sets the prices at spurs? ,

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

My 2 questions weren't related; just curious about our new boy.

he'll be ok for you as long as you have decently orgonised cbs who are prepared to come across very quickly  and cover his poor positional play.

edit. which is one of the things0 toby does so well at spurs.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Who did kyle walker replace at Spurs?
I've got this vague recollection that he's injury prone but i see he's played an average 38 games over the past 6 seasons for spurs.

this guys forgot kyle naughton,, however  fairly amusing summaries https://www.spursstatman.com/articles/2015/8/9/tottenhams-right-backs-past-present-and-future

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^cheers for that...like the reporter's style.

Why we got rid of Charlie Corluka is a mystery; he was decent for us and then sold on too quickly.

think att we paid bloody good money for him :sad: but yeah he was decent, unbelievably slow but good technically and if the majority of the current crop of defenders had half of his positional sence, it would be a step up.

Slowest defender I've ever seen was our Tommy Booth but he compensated for it (described by manager Joe Mercer as 'the best footballing centre-half since Stan Cullis'). Judging by recent pics I've seen off him he's also aging slower than everyone else (67 and looks in great nick).

So who's the slowest top level defender you lot have seen?

i was brought up on lower lge footie so probably the wrong person to ask , but for spurs,, and this AINT fair cos he put in so many yrs but perryman for his last 18 ish  mnths was just extraordinarily slow ,,t andmaybe a center bac  called lacy ,, but he was crap as well.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Slowest defender I've ever seen was our Tommy Booth but he compensated for it (described by manager Joe Mercer as 'the best footballing centre-half since Stan Cullis'). Judging by recent pics I've seen off him he's also aging slower than everyone else (67 and looks in great nick).

So who's the slowest top level defender you lot have seen?

Lorenzo Amoruso at Blackburn; bought from Rangers by Souness. Slower than Steptoe's horse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So with your 45m less 10% to SUFC, who you going to buy to replace Walker? Or youngster to backup Trippier at RB?

i got a feeling poch will  either give  one of our youngsters a go  or buy a lower lge young un , alfie is the go to man in the know  for our young ones ,,

apparrntly weve told man city they couldnt have rose tbh dont think we particulary missed him last season thought Davies was far better defensively not  such a threat going forward however we've others that can do that ,, So  50 mil plus and I 'de have taken the money.