Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I just watched the game, terrible first half, no movement , again Kane missing a clear chance .   After the break it was much better and a super finish by Kane. 

Newcastle played as expected , but we did not play as a top team . But i'll take the points and a place in Europe again.

Did not expect Chelsea to give away points at home. :shock1:  

6 hours ago, carmine said:

I;ll be watching your posts in the short term.  You have nether the wit or the intelligence to hold your own so you have to resort to taking it right to the gutter, with either racist or anti semitic jibes.  Sad.  And you're not humoring me or anyone else when you have the nerve to refer to anyone else as a troll.

Sorry mate, but you'll either have to get a brain, get an sense of humor or just give up, the later seeming to be an inevitability

I have to agree with you , if unevensteve was a Chelsea player , he would be sent on two year  loan to a Belgium second division Club and then after two years he would be given a free transfer to Queen of the South , where he would be in their reserve team

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris said qualifying for the Champions League next season "means more than a trophy" after Spurs beat Newcastle".

<deleted>! Don't expect any trophies anytime soon at White Hart if that's the attitude there.

Those were not his words, you can see his interview below and make your own conclusion.

16 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Happy Champions League Day to all my Spurs friends, the target when Poch took over was to be in the Champions League by the time we got to the Stadium and he certainly surpassed that target, things are on the up although we obviously won't be buying any new players during to being skint plus we will be selling off all our best payers to pay for the new stadium, so best to make the most of it as we will be in the Championship the season after next.

Were going down!!!  

10 hours ago, sotsira said:

Those were not his words, you can see his interview below and make your own conclusion.

My conclusion is another BB own goal......he had a bad day on the wind up attempts.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Were going down!!!  

This part I think will prove to be correct (the rest was nonsense):

we obviously won't be buying any new players during to being skint plus we will be selling off SOME OF our best payers to pay for the new stadium

Funny, but rather than worrying about our finances City fans like BB should be far more concerned about themselves because if FIFA ever decided to grow a pair and properly investigate the likes of City, PSG then that really will be a matter for discussion...rather than running down clubs that try to conduct their business within the rules.  Then all this hopeful talk of us losing our players, our coach ect ect would be canned once and for all, because at the end of the day even if it did happen it wouldn't make what the likes of PSG and City are doing right, like a sense of justification as you seem to believe it would.  I suppose there is a train of thought that says if you can get away with it then good luck to them but i don't go along with that at all. 

As has been said, you are quite simply ripping the heart and soul out of football.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

"Those were not his words"

Then he's been misquoted extensively in the media. Do you think he might have said it in another interview you DIDN'T SEE?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/hugo-lloris-tottenham-top-four-finish-means-more-than-a-trophy-to-spurs-a3835516.html

http://www.football365.com/news/lloris-echoes-wenger-with-top-four-trophy-claim

There's many more out there.

Hope you've noted the above R2D2 and Carmine.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Funny, but rather than worrying about our finances City fans like BB should be far more concerned about themselves because if FIFA ever decided to grow a pair and properly investigate the likes of City, PSG then that really will be a matter for discussion...rather than running down clubs that try to conduct their business within the rules.  Then all this hopeful talk of us losing our players, our coach ect ect would be canned once and for all, because at the end of the day even if it did happen it wouldn't make what the likes of PSG and City are doing right, like a sense of justification as you seem to believe it would.  I suppose there is a train of thought that says if you can get away with it then good luck to them but i don't go along with that at all. 

As has been said, you are quite simply ripping the heart and soul out of football.

1. City and PSG and others have been investigated, penalised and will no doubt be checked more than other clubs.

2. "you are quite simply ripping the heart and soul out of football". Why?

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Those were not his words"

Then he's been misquoted extensively in the media. Do you think he might have said it in another interview you DIDN'T SEE?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/hugo-lloris-tottenham-top-four-finish-means-more-than-a-trophy-to-spurs-a3835516.html

http://www.football365.com/news/lloris-echoes-wenger-with-top-four-trophy-claim

There's many more out there.

Hope you've noted the above R2D2 and Carmine.

BB your trying to make up FAKE NEWS with those links you posted

as they are referring to the ONE and only interview that Lloris had

which i posted for all to see.

If you want to prove your right with the false allegations coming out from the BBC and the other media outlets jumping on the bandwagon

then post the interview that proves me wrong just like i did to prove you wrong.

I posted something from the BBC website, they are usually pretty reliable source. After I was accussed by three of you of making up false news I quoted several more sources as examples of how it has been widely quoted. I am not/was not trying to make up anything.

Sotsira states lloris has been misquoted/wrongly stated - I have no idea if he is right or wrong but I doubt all the leading newsproviders have made it up - why would they?

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I posted something from the BBC website, they are usually pretty reliable source. After I was accussed by three of you of making up false news I quoted several more sources as examples of how it has been widely quoted. I am not/was not trying to make up anything.

Sotsira states lloris has been misquoted/wrongly stated - I have no idea if he is right or wrong but I doubt all the leading newsproviders have made it up - why would they?

regardless your argument here,....it's the one thing all the "leading" news providers do regularly.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

regardless your argument here,....it's the one thing all the "leading" news providers do regularly.

You are completely wasting your time trying to get through to him.  Completely out of touch with everyone else, including that little thing called reality.  Its just got boring now constantly trying to have digs at Tottenham because he's so irked that we chuckle at the City big spending money machine and is livid because he feels City don't get the credit they deserve and yes and everyone always picking on them...blah blah blah

<deleted> me, he still can't take the CL defeats like a grown up!!!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Does self pity help you sleep at night? All this "woe is me" garbage must be really getting to you.

As has been said on multiple occasions, City had to spend big to catch up on those clubs who had been breaking records on transfer fees for years. We still haven't broken any Prem League transfer fee records. We have been lucky to get owners who have been willing to invest in us and whilst doing so, playing some of the most beautiful football the Premier League has ever seen.

Oh and whilst doing that, not ripping off loyal fans and pricing them out of being able to buy tickets. Playing beautiful football, that is affordable to fans and winning trophy's whilst doing that is not what I would describe as ripping the heart and soul out of football. I suppose those fans paying top prem ticket prices and not winning anything wouldn't agree!! 

You forgot to mention turning the "process of channelling vast amounts of cash to out spend everyone else" through so called sponsorships into an art form.

Better hurry up and win the CL (which of course is inevitable) before you cop a possible CL ban for systematic abuse of FFP.

It with debates like this that i miss Chicog.  You guys never to my knowledge managed to counter one single argument on the matter.  

How many millions have City spunked in fines anyway?

Edited by carmine

33 minutes ago, carmine said:

You forgot to mention turning the "process of channelling vast amounts of cash to out spend everyone else" through so called sponsorships into an art form.

Better hurry up and win the CL (which of course is inevitable) before you cop a possible CL ban for systematic abuse of FFP.

It with debates like this that i miss Chicog.  You guys never to my knowledge managed to counter one single argument on the matter.  

How many millions have City spunked in fines anyway?

It's all out there in googleland Carmine: 

"European football’s governing body confirmed City would be refunded 40m euros (£33.4m) after meeting the requirements of sanctions imposed in 2014.City were fined £49m for breaching FFP regulations."

And what is it you'd like someone on your behalf to debate with us? Post the subject (sure it'll have been discussed half a dozen times before about money you're so jealous about)?

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Then your memory is selective

With respect, he didn't exactly have a difficult subject to support.  And to make it clear, i really don't have a problem with the likes of City or PSG as clubs, my problem lies entirely with the owners.  It would be quite ridiculous to hold the club, as an institution responsible.  

1 minute ago, carmine said:

With respect, he didn't exactly have a difficult subject to support.  And to make it clear, i really don't have a problem with the likes of City or PSG as clubs, my problem lies entirely with the owners.  It would be quite ridiculous to hold the club, as an institution responsible.  

If Mr Levy decided to pay up front for your new stadium and then give the manager 1 Billion to spend on players , would you then have a "problem" with Mr Levy ?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Fully compliant.

Do me a favour Carms. Make yerself a cop o'tea and read this article. A well balanced piece in my view

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5326801/Man-City-spending-fast-dont-fall-foul-UEFA.html

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If Mr Levy decided to pay up front for your new stadium and then give the manager 1 Billion to spend on players , would you then have a "problem" with Mr Levy ?

If the 1 billion for players wasn't properly self generated then of course i would!!  I'd want him removed. The fact you ask that question says you've missed my point.

And i have complete for any defense of their spending and the manner in which it is achieved.

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Fully compliant.

Do me a favour Carms. Make yerself a cop o'tea and read this article. A well balanced piece in my view

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5326801/Man-City-spending-fast-dont-fall-foul-UEFA.html

Its in the Daily Mail......dreadful rag, but as i said, we all know the money is not correctly generated so they'd be better off going back to their more customary right wing hate rhetoric.  

Either way, its by the by, were never going find any agreement on this one.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

It's in the Daily Mail......dreadful rag, 

Shame that. Not my fav rag either but is a good article. BTW, the article is nothing to do with City and about how money is generated. It's to do with how UEFA are trying to keep newcomers from sitting at the top table with the established

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Shame that. Not my fav rag either but is a good article. BTW, the article is nothing to do with City and about how money is generated. It's to do with how UEFA are trying to keep newcomers from sitting at the top table with the established

OK, i'll have a look....just can't stand that excuse for a newspaper.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Yes because it would flaunt the FFP rules for starters and we'd end up with a bunch of overpaid primadonnas on half a million quid a week.

Happy to see us work with genuine sponsorship, merchandise, gate receipts and TV cash thanks.

Oh and the odd 250m quid donation from Spain.