Do you know about any official program/loan for small farmers?

umbanda

My brother in law owns a small farm in Chiang Rai and it is thinking in change his crop, but will need invest some money he didn't have. If you know where he can ask for Government help/advice please let me know. Thanks.

Do what most Thai's do go to your local farmers bank BAAC,or Tor-Kor-Sor, in Thai,

or your local Government savings bank,Tan-nar-kan-Om-Sin, in Thai.

They should help,to what extent,I do not know.

If you could help him prepare a budget plan that would help ,in his favor ,something most Thai's do not do.

Some where near you they must an government agriculture extension office,who would give you the advice,the wife just said ,Song-serm-Chow-Na, rice farmers extension office, google it in Thai, it should come up.

good luck.

Above is good advice.

Most from our village borrow from Tor-Kor-Sor

If you have original paperwork for the land it should be no problem. They seem able to borrow 7,500 Baht/rai but it must be repaid every year for a few days.

Other option - Sa Ha Korn (similar to Tor Kor Sor BAAC)

I for got the Sa Ha Korn, local co-op ,we have 2 big ones round here,one a milk co-op,that made Thai tv a few years ago for getting in debt to the tune of about 100 million baht with Tor Kor Sor, they interest rates use to be very competitive.

But do not have to be a member to access their funds,which should not be a problem if you are already farming.

Other option - Sa Ha Korn (similar to Tor Kor Sor BAAC)

I for got the Sa Ha Korn, local co-op ,we have 2 big ones round here,one a milk co-op,that made Thai tv a few years ago for getting in debt to the tune of about 100 million baht with Tor Kor Sor, they interest rates use to be very competitive.

But do not have to be a member to access their funds,which should not be a problem if you are already farming.

Thank you. I will pass the info.

Surprised he is unaware. All Thais talk constantly about such matters in the village. Go to Pooyai Baan for advice if no-one else will talk?

They will need a costly water well to start a new crop, and probably expand the small water pond for farming and get into fish farming....I got some news about FREE money from the Government given in some areas, but I do not know if specific for some kind of farming like rubber and palm.

About your comment...my experience says that some people are very selfish sharing profitable or useful info....Happening very often now and in any culture. May be just my impression because I share everything..... sometimes more than I asked for.

Do what most Thai's do go to your local farmers bank BAAC,or Tor-Kor-Sor, in Thai,

or your local Government savings bank,Tan-nar-kan-Om-Sin, in Thai.

They should help,to what extent,I do not know.

If you could help him prepare a budget plan that would help ,in his favor ,something most Thai's do not do.

Some where near you they must an government agriculture extension office,who would give you the advice,the wife just said ,Song-serm-Chow-Na, rice farmers extension office, google it in Thai, it should come up.

good luck.

Thank you.

Free Money !?!! Sorry no such thing... I do understand that you have a good heart and you are educated and you really would like to help... But you have no or not enough money. But the agrarian society is like that... You need investment capital to improve living standard making profit.

• Like 1

Free Money !?!! Sorry no such thing... I do understand that you have a good heart and you are educated and you really would like to help... But you have no or not enough money. But the agrarian society is like that... You need investment capital to improve living standard making profit.

Do you live here in contact with modest Thai people? Ask.....Government help people in distress for many reason here. May be no so much or enough for some, but its help. Many times, even not asking about.

Just an example: Many houses in my village had roof destroyed by an ice torm in 2014. Without asking, the following week everyone get a message from the District to ask for FREE roofing. We got more than 20.000THB in material in few days without restrictions or conditions, everyone did...and I am talking about hundreds of homes. Many farmers got money for crop damages.

Farming is a Thai Government concern and always was. Asking for help do not cost money, just time and research, and sometimes people got good and surprising responses. But, not everybody do that, and most keep waiting for somebody to offer help.....Can happen...but not often.

The universal problem with poor people is that also its do not get useful, sometimes vital, information that requieres some education and interest.

Very sad but true.

Do you live here in contact with modest Thai people? Ask.....Government help people in distress for many reason here. May be no so much or enough for some, but its help. Many times, even not asking about.

Just an example: Many houses in my village had roof destroyed by an ice torm in 2014. Without asking, the following week everyone get a message from the District to ask for FREE roofing. We got more than 20.000THB in material in few days without restrictions or conditions, everyone did...and I am talking about hundreds of homes. Many farmers got money for crop damages.

Farming is a Thai Government concern and always was. Asking for help do not cost money, just time and research, and sometimes people got good and surprising responses. But, not everybody do that, and most keep waiting for somebody to offer help.....Can happen...but not often.

The universal problem with poor people is that also its do not get useful, sometimes vital, information that requieres some education and interest.

Very sad but true.

Yes I do live here... On extension it is my 9th year and I invested for my family farming Clarias catfish on commercial scale since year 2000 from scratch + other money making farming like piggery to 658 trees of longan plantation contract out collecting ฿200k per year... In term of loans from local co-ops or banks and leasing and finance, yes there is plenty...of course with interest %.

Your described example are about natural disaster like flooding of (registered) paddy land, hailstones storm damaging houses' roofs or earthquakes.

For what your OP stated... the term is Grant.

In an example... Government land title grant, so selected group of people or village can cultivate/agriculture for sustainable farming and make a living. But granting investment capital is very rare, farmers are encourage to apply for loan from co-op agriculture farmers' bank like BAAC (Tor Kor Sor) or community co-op like Sa Ha Korn.

Edited by RedBullHorn
  • Like 1

It is not difficult to set up an a/c with the BAAC or Tor-Kor-Sor. I have an a/c with the BACC, am a foreigner and can access funds if I want.

Requirements are:

1. You own your own home

2. You are married

3. You own a farm

4. The farm is productive.

5. The loan is for farming purposes

The amount you can borrow depends on the value and productivity of the farm/s.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

It is not difficult to set up an a/c with the BAAC or Tor-Kor-Sor. I have an a/c with the BACC, am a foreigner and can access funds if I want.

Requirements are:

1. You own your own home

2. You are married

3. You own a farm

4. The farm is productive.

5. The loan is for farming purposes

The amount you can borrow depends on the value and productivity of the farm/s.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Could you please clarify am a foreigner part - Non-immigrant O or Permanent Resident or what ? Enabling you to open an a/c with the BACC ?

...and another part You own a farm - Registered under your name as a foreigner ?