Israel violated rules of war in strikes on Gaza homes: group

webfact

I bet your the kind of guy that thinks people in Gaza deserve all they get cos they voted in Hamas. Even though the majority didn't.

A rather foolish talking point. Hamas got more votes than anyone else and Fatah got most of the rest. They are not as bad as Hamas, but not much better. They have recently supported terrorist attacks on a number of occasions.

I knew it - I just knew it.

So how about the kids that didn't vote? Fair game? Sins of thy father and all that?

It's this mentality on BOTH sides that will see that peace never comes to Israel.

UlyssesG post # 30.

Palestinians speak a semitic language - Arabic. The term anti-Semitic only applies to Jews.

Could you be a decent fellow and show us the ''Jewish copyright '' to the words ''anti Semetic''?

A person who is against any cultural or faith based group of people, not just jewish people.
Hitler was anti-semetic to jews, gypsies and Russians.
Se·mit·ic

(sə-mĭt′ĭk)

adj.
1. Of or relating to the Semites or their languages or cultures.
2. Of, relating to, or constituting a subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic language group that includes Arabic, Hebrew, Amharic, and Aramaic.
3. Jewish.
n.
1. The Semitic languages.
2. Any of the Semitic languages.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Semetic

I would not rely too much on that "urban dictionary" for accuracy old chap. Russians and Gypsies are NOT semitic and that so-called "definition" is moronic. giggle.gif

Antisemitism (also spelled Anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as a national, ethnic, religious or racial group.[1][2] A person who holds such positions is called an "antisemite". As Jews are an ethnoreligious group, antisemitism is generally considered a form of racism.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

an·ti-Sem·ite (ăn′tē-sĕm′īt′, ăn′tī-)
n.
One who discriminates against or who is hostile toward or prejudiced against Jews.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/anti-Semitic

an·ti–Sem·i·tism noun \ˌan-tē-ˈse-mə-ˌti-zəm, ˌan-ˌtī-\

: hatred of Jewish people

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anti-semitism

Edited by Ulysses G.

Look folks, maybe it's time just to say Jew haters instead of antisemitic just to shut up this absurd repetitive DENIAL of an ESTABLISHED definition of a word?

Seriously, this ridiculous endless repetitive loop of feigned ignorance (they clearly actually know they are wrong but they push it to annoy) has been posted on this forum probably HUNDREDS of times.

What a waste of bandwidth!

Who tries to act like antisemitism isn't only about hatred of Jews? It's largely Jew haters and Jihadist type supporters. They use that trick as a spin game to say they can't be antisemitic because Arabs are semitic. It's just stupid.

Personally I prefer the word antisemitism, it's more civil and not as harsh as Jew haters, but really, have the annoying boring spin artists left any other choice if they never accept the actual meaning of the word?

Basically they are saying you don't have permission to say that thought (the ACTUAL meaning of antisemitism) because they will play act that I don't know the true meaning. Verbal castration attempt.

In effect they are trying to enforce their censorship values on the discussion.

Edited by Jingthing

You knew what? That voting for a violent terrorist group to represent you, is going to cause a conflict and lots of problems? Seems like the Palestinians in Gaza who voted for Hamas and Fatah might realize that too.

Nonsense.

Carry on.

Look folks, maybe it's time just to say Jew haters instead of antisemitic just to shut up this absurd repetitive DENIAL of an ESTABLISHED definition of a word?

Seriously, this ridiculous loop of feigned ignorance (they actually know they are wrong but they push it to annoy) has been posted on this forum probably HUNDREDS of times.

Who tries to act like antisemitism isn't only about hatred of Jews? It's mostly Jew haters and Jihadist type supporters. They use that trick as a spin game to say they can't be antisemitic because Arabs are semitic. It's just stupid.

Are you Jewish? Did you ever serve in the IDF? Far too many of those poor men and women that did never recovered from what they were asked to do. Traumatized in the name of the state. It's normally those that have served a single day in uniform that shout loudest about war. Is that you?

Seriously, this ridiculous loop of feigned ignorance (they actually know they are wrong but they push it to annoy) has been posted on this forum probably HUNDREDS of times.

Who tries to act like antisemitism isn't only about hatred of Jews? It's mostly Jew haters and Jihadist type supporters. They use that trick as a spin game to say they can't be antisemitic because Arabs are semitic. It's just stupid.

Are you Jewish? Did you ever serve in the IDF? Far too many of those poor men and women that did never recovered from what they were asked to do. Traumatized in the name of the state. It's normally those that have served a single day in uniform that shout loudest about war. Is that you?

Your main concern is the mental well being of IDF veterans? Who would've thunk it?

You're an ignorant man. Why would I not be concerned about young people being mentally scarred for life? This conflict has many victims - and the sooner the zealots on both sides realize that putting more and more people through the grinder is not working, the better.

But of course, old fat men with no dog in the fight - they love egging it on. Great entertainment for them - they get to show off how tough they are on internet forums. Not one of them spent a day on the front line of this conflict, though - maybe that's you? did you serve in the IDF?

Nonsense.

Nonsense is denying the obvious. Something that you seem to excel at. wink.png

Not at all - you're an old American zealot - no space for any opinion but your own. Palestinians Bad; Israelis Good.

All animals are equal but ............ '

You're an ignorant man.

Actually, pretty much everyone on the forum agrees that he is the most knowledgeable and honest poster on anything to do with the conflict in Israel. In fact, he is the opposite of your own posts on the subject. Attacking such a respected member with the usual ignorant insults just points out your own deficiencies.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Your main concern is the mental well being of IDF veterans? Who would've thunk it?

You're an ignorant man. Why would I not be concerned about young people being mentally scarred for life? This conflict has many victims - and the sooner the zealots on both sides realize that putting more and more people through the grinder is not working, the better.

But of course, old fat men with no dog in the fight - they love egging it on. Great entertainment for them - they get to show off how tough they are on internet forums. Not one of them spent a day on the front line of this conflict, though - maybe that's you? did you serve in the IDF?

Wonder if there's a topic you post on without almost immediately attempting to insult other posters (and I do stress attempting).

Not here to satisfy your curiosity, but I'll give you a couple of freebies: not that old in TVF terms, and definitely not fat on absolute terms. As for not having a dog - this is a sore point, being a dog person. There are signs that this will be remedied in the near future when the Great Escape From Bangkok will take place, and a proper garden will become available.

• Like 1

You're an ignorant man.

Actually, pretty much everyone on the forum agrees that he is the most knowledgeable and honest poster on anything to do with the conflict in Israel. In fact, he is the opposite of your own posts on the subject. Attacking such a respected member with the usual ignorant insults just points out your own deficiencies.

Doesn't excuse him from making a stupid comment. Maybe there should be less hero-worship and clique-baiting on this forum.

You're an ignorant man.

Doesn't excuse him from making a stupid comment. Maybe there should be less hero-worship and clique-baiting on this forum.

How... small the thinking that responds in this way to others. What is the problem with having someone widely respected, irrespective of his point of view? Isn't this a good thing- to have someone respected and smart and disagreeing with you? Why would that observation be reduced to a pejorative such as "hero worship"? Its surmised the comment you refer to is stupid because you dont agree with it? If that is what makes a comment stupid...

"...ignorant man" "..stupid comment" "hero-worship" "...clique baiting" The depth of observation above is truly dizzying.

Whether you see it or not you have only succeeded in illuminating yourself, not casting light that which you reject.

Note: There is no character-flaw in ignorance. It is not a state of failure or irreparable stupidity. It is a state of uninformed. If you encounter an ignorant person bring light to them, not derision. Insofar as this was not your response, it is suggestive.

• Like 2

Morch - explain why I shouldn't be concerned about people, including some that I know, being scarred for life by serving in the IDF?

My comment was nothing to do with disregard for the suffering of people. It was more about posters bringing this issue up in what I consider to be an inappropriate manner. Most times when something along this lines is aired (not just on TVF, but here as well, you ain't the first) it seems like a roundabout way of taking a shot at Israel. Seeing as, like yourself, I know one or three people with mental health issues stemming from their military service, it pushed a button.

Most people do not cite the mental health of veterans as a main, or even secondary reason for wishing things would be different.

If you still feel my comment did you wrong, you have my apologies.