Martial law to be strictly enforced

Lite Beer

I feel that the time has come to keep the travel luggage at hand.

If you feel like that, nobody is here to stop you.

I'm staying here and I fully trust that this government will change Thailand for the better.

History has shown that selected groups can be deported, at short notice and without their possessions. History has also shown that certain groups have been denied exiting a country for a myriad of reasons.

I may be wrong, but I believe the present circumstances are unique, fluid and have the potential for rapid change.. Having a plan seems prudent and not worthy of a retort such as is contained in the first sentence. The "nobody" referred to does exist. You can see them in uniform, at various locations, working both outside and inside.

That being said, the second sentence is one that I am opting for minus the "fully" comment.

"I'm not in charge and am only here for the ride".

• Like 2

So let me get this right?

A poll that stated 93% of the population said it was happy with the Junta and then down to 87% recently but he feels the need to "strictly enforce martial law" ?

Now to me that means the polls were completely fabricated to begin with or he's now extremely paranoid? Or both!!!

Peace and reconciliation ? I don't think so, and again it will impact tourism which by all accounts the numbers were fabricated too.

It's looking more and more like rifts are developing within the clique, THAI stating there's no intention of cutting jobs too despite what the PM said about trimming down 5000 odd jobs.

He cannot handle pressure or dissenting opinions he's far from being the "democratic soldier " as he claimed to be the other day.

I have a feeling he will be tested on this and if he starts shooting protestors for dissent will the kool aid junta supporters still maintain he's doing the right thing?

It's pretty clear he's trying to eradicate the old PTP which isn't necessary a bad thing but you still need to have a healthy opposition to any Government he's not doing anything to convince the PTP supporters to switch their allegiance, if anything he's doing the opposite.

I like my cool aid fat haggis, and the guy is just trying to make sure the reds don't do what they are good at.. bombing.. burning ect. That was the whole reason of the coup to make sure the bloodshed was gone.

Now the PTP is trying to mobilize their supporters because they don't like the rule of law going after YL. He is just pulling the dogs teeth and so he should. let the courts do their work without fear of redshirts buring bombing killing. You know they went after judges before he.. remember publicizing of private data of the judges. This is all to make sure that justice will finally catch up with the PTP.

They will do anything to stop this and one of the things is releasing their war dogs and create a bloodshed. The junta is just trying to stop that and I rather have them stop it this way then with bullets.

So you don´t think that if the police and the army had done their jobs that violence could have been averted? Get the guns and grenades off the streets, oh wait the army supplied them or at least people in the army. Do you REALLY think that a coup was necessary?

Democracy is not about making sure the party or people you agree with get into power it is about the MAJORITY´S choice whether you like it or not. When the MAJORITY decide they are not doing their jobs vote the next bunch in. If you get shafted because you voted for nefarious reasons you get what you got paid for.

ALL of our countries went through some form of civil unrest and blood shed to get where they are now, for better or worse. When your kids are fighting do you let them settle it themselves or step in and force a compromise so that no one is happy and the ill feelings continue to fester?

I will now report for ¨Attitude Readjustment¨ as part of the democratic process currently in place.

Edited by RigPig
  • Like 1

I can name at least one military coup where all foreigners' bank accounts and property were confiscated.

"Alberto Beguiristain was once ready to risk his life to regain what he lost in Cuba. In 1960, a year after Fidel Castro took power, the revolution confiscated Beguiristain's large Spanish colonial house and two sugar mills in Sagua la Grande, east of Havana. Beguiristain recalls the "restitution" Castro offered: "He said I could leave the island alive."

That is no doubt just how the impish Fidel wanted it. His stunning and sometimes brutal expropriation campaign seized homes, businesses, farms and factories from tens of thousands of Cubans and scores of U.S. corporations, assets whose combined worth was $9 billion in 1960 and perhaps more than $50 billion today. (It was, in fact, the single biggest grab of U.S.-owned property in history.)
When Fidel offered little if any restitution, the U.S. retaliated with an economic embargo against Cuba in 1962, which remains in place today."

I'm staying here and I fully trust that this government will change Thailand for the better.

Have a good trip back home Anthony5!

• Like 1

Optimism is always the best policy - and I am confident that the government that overthrows this one

and cleans house will be even better! :)

Given their paranoia and fear of social media, as well as an alleged bias against foreigners, plus the fact those upstairs have clearly reacted to comments on the Internet by foreigners recently, some people here might want to be careful what they say... and over all would it be much of a surprise if one of 'them' noticed a lot of anti-government sentiment on TVF?

Don't get complaisant gentlemen, anything could happen right now or you're being naive.

Proxy Server.

thumbsup.gif

Speak for yourself.

biggrin.png

The day they come to our homes here, kick down our doors and take us away for 'attitude adjustment' is the day you know that Thailand is truly broken.

Thought you describe modern day China!

I applaud your optimism, but 19 coups later we still seem to be in a 'back to the future' loop.

In point of fact, what military coup has ever improved things? Egypt, Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria...and dare I mention it Greece?

Not to forget the military/industrial complex coup of the USA in 1945

Gen Prayut was furious, however, when asked to comment on report of an attempt to hold campaign to encourage the public to wear red shirts every Sunday.

He rebuked the question by angrily asking if such a proposal was considered appropriate.

My birthday is on Sunday - this is starting to get personal... laugh.png

Thais have a preference to wear a certain color of clothings on different days of the week....for example on Sunday it is auspicious to wear RED..

So will the army arrest someone who wears RED on a sunday...or call up for "altitude adjustment"...

Bottom line, I am sure, and quite rightly is: If You Don't Like It, grab your "already packed bag" and Rack-Off!

Give the PM a half a chance. I first came her more than 30 years ago, I have worked for the Thai Government overseas and I have been living here for a number of years. Honestly, the country is starting to function properly and will begin to prosper, if the plans set out by the "Junta" are carried out.

Anyone who has lived here for any amount of time would, if they are honest, admit that EVERYONE is a lot better off and feeling much more secure than they have for many years. Just look at the crack-down on corruption as one classic example.

Congratulations Gen. Prayut !

Keep up the great work and don't be pushed around by anyone, including the "Goofy Golfer" from the Whitehouse and his stooges, who need to get their own house in order before trying to tell Thailand what to do.

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 2

JT, I can only speak for myself here as to why feel the need to take sides.

I live in this country, got married in this country, build my house in this country and I'm happy and content living here.

Now, for the past 8 years being here I witnessed, unrest, killings social disorder.

About 6 months ago a coup took place and everything changed.

No more killings no more fighting.

That is the reason that I'm taking sides and feel more secure and happy under the rule of this government, because it affects my life.

You'd have to be from communist Greece to be blind to the long game here.

What Costos is really saying, is that he doesn't care about others, only himself. That's as large a picture as he is willing to see. He says it constantly here, too, so it isn't a surprise.

I live in this country, got married in this country, build my house in this country and I'm happy and content living here.

Now, for the past 8 years being here I witnessed, unrest, killings social disorder.

That is the reason that I'm taking sides and feel more secure and happy under the rule of this government, because it affects my life.

What Costos is really saying, is that he doesn't care about others, only himself. That's as large a picture as he is willing to see. He says it constantly here, too, so it isn't a surprise.

I am also much happier under this junta then under the previous (so called) government. No more killings no more protests. Finally the red terrorist are silent.

I prefer a military government over a elected one that had their own terror wing. I have seen a government like that before in Germany, it was also democratically elected and had some thugs to do their bidding.

• Like 1

He's looking more and more like the new leader of Egypt Sisi.

They both ride bicycles as well!

Actually until recently I lived in Egypt for 6 years. After the overthrow of Mubarak, I was asked, by an Egyptian friend what I thought his country would be like in 4 years time. He was very disappointed when I predicted there would be no change. However my prediction has come true and Sisi is looking ever more like Mubarak!

Some things never change in this world. And no. I'm not going to try and 'crystal ball' Thailand's future.

"Gen Prayut was furious, however, when asked to comment on report of an attempt to hold campaign to encourage the public to wear red shirts every Sunday."

Some things aren't worth getting upset about. Ya know? Having said that, though, can't wait to hear how we will address the issue of what color to wear on Sunday.

He couldnt help getting angry............The comment made him see red.............smile.png

• Like 1

Costas please tell us what they must do to make the country a better place and what price you are prepared to pay for these "reforms". I will then bookmark your answer so that we can compare what you said was needed to make the country a better place with what the junta achieved. Thats to say if they ever leave power without major bloodshed. As my King said in 1992, when 2 people fight they later on forget what they are fighting about and just fight to win. In the end the winner will stand on the ruins of Thailand.

What concerns me is that such announcements give the impression that authorities are losing control, regardless if true or not.

The knock on effect is that both internal and inbound investment is reduced, business confidence diluted and the subsequent reduction in money velocity slows down even further. This in turn amps up social tension, which in turn is met with further threats of repression and results in further economic damage. It is a vicious cycle.

The nuances, complexity of intertependant relationships and public relations of running a state are skills that have little to do with good intentions, morals or even patriotism.

Bottom line, I am sure, and quite rightly is: If You Don't Like It, grab your "already packed bag" and Rack-Off!

Give the PM a half a chance. I first came her more than 30 years ago, I have worked for the Thai Government overseas and I have been living here for a number of years. Honestly, the country is starting to function properly and will begin to prosper, if the plans set out by the "Junta" are carried out.

Anyone who has lived here for any amount of time would, if they are honest, admit that EVERYONE is a lot better off and feeling much more secure than they have for many years. Just look at the crack-down on corruption as one classic example.

Congratulations Gen. Prayut !

Keep up the great work and don't be pushed around by anyone, including the "Goofy Golfer" from the Whitehouse and his stooges, who need to get their own house in order before trying to tell Thailand what to do.

Well said. Thank you.

"Meanwhile Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan who is also the minister for the Ministry of Defense, also clarified the reason for calling in the aforementioned individuals for attitude adjustment.

"He explained that they will be talked to and made to understand the government’s stand."

That might be a long line at the attitude adjustment clinic. It's always good to 'make people understand'. Isn't it?

Mind Control...from Majour Tom.......

....seems to be working well with our local red necks...........Friday again in Bangers....suns been up for hours...

I think this is just today's news so Prayut can get his mug shot around.

It will probably go nowhere and tomorrow it will be some other crazy notion and again... another mug shot in the news.

Can anyone say megalomania?

Nah, he obviously doesn't like the attention at all. That's just pure trolling based on the assumption that all leaders are ego-maniacs. I'd say that many of our Western 'leaders' are megalomaniacs though; Obomba, Cam, Merkie...just to name a few. It actually makes them orgasm to see themselves on the screen everyday biggrin.png

I am also much happier under this junta then under the previous (so called) government. No more killings no more protests. Finally the red terrorist are silent.

I prefer a military government over a elected one that had their own terror wing. I have seen a government like that before in Germany, it was also democratically elected and had some thugs to do their bidding.

My dad has experienced a military government in Germany, now that one had some real thugs attached to it. Next week there are some celebrations in several places all over the world, to celebrate the removal of that leader.

• Like 1

I think this is just today's news so Prayut can get his mug shot around.

It will probably go nowhere and tomorrow it will be some other crazy notion and again... another mug shot in the news.

Can anyone say megalomania?

Nah, he obviously doesn't like the attention at all. That's just pure trolling based on the assumption that all leaders are ego-maniacs. I'd say that many of our Western 'leaders' are megalomaniacs though; Obomba, Cam, Merkie...just to name a few. It actually makes them orgasm to see themselves on the screen everyday biggrin.png

Dave, no trolling intended. Just want to make the point he is trying to make it look like he's "doing something" with his almost daily proclamations. His face is also required as part of that and he most likely knows it. Megalomania doesn't require someone to like seeing themselves in the news. They want others to see them, respect them, not say anything bad about them, etc...

• Like 1

n't a surprise.

My dad has experienced a military government in Germany, now that one had some real thugs attached to it. Next week there are some celebrations in several places all over the world, to celebrate the removal of that leader.

The one I am talking about was democratically elected (shows you how good democracy always is), just like the PTP it had an armed wing (2 actually) of thugs that were of course released on their adversaries. Then after a while that government started to conquer Europe.

Now of course that does not mean that PTP had those kind of ambitions but the armed wings of thugs that were set loose upon their opponents tell its all. I even recall that after a killing in Trad where some children were killed too there as a lot of applause on stage. Only when one of the smarter leaders realized it was a PR nightmare it stopped. But the damage was done and the true face of the thugs was shown.

Now they did quite a lot of killing and never got caught, only when the army took over did this killing stop and were the red terrorist apprehended. That showed clearly that they were protected by the government. Just like back in the day in Germany.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

"In addition, he stated that individuals who have made public dissenting comments will be asked to report themselves."

Well now, that should work rather well and be extremely effective, I would think.

Wow, so I have to report myself for my dissenting comments on TV ?

Where do I go for my attitude adjustment ?? Wow, the wheels are

really flying off the bus now...... Each day the pronouncements become

more bizarre. This cannot end well. :-(

• Like 2

I to, think that Thailand is changing for the better.

It will not be a easy short-time job, as the powers that don't want any change are enormous. And have plenty of financial resources, amassed in the years they were in power and could just take anything they wanted without any supervision or control......this is the so called Democracy they want back...!

You're confused, the power with plenty of financial resources amassed in the years it was in power (either overtly or behind the scenes) is the military. They have already taken what they wanted, Thailand, and they are still in power. Even they don't claim their seizure of power is democracy, but they make ridiculous claims about preparing the country for democracy.