Information about house ownership

Hello everybody.

I have some questions re. ownership of a house. My son has a thai mother and thai ID. He is 7 yrs old.
Q1: Can he be an owner of the chanote?
Q2: If my GF (not mother of my son) would become the owner of the chanote and my son (or I) rhe owner of the house built on this land can she sell the property w/o my and my son's consent?
What's the best solution to protect the property?
I also heard that any minor 7 yrs old or above can be a sole chanote owner. Is it true?
I would appreciate a help on these questions.
Thank you!

Hi,

Q1: Can he be an owner of the chanote? YES - my daughter is the owner of my property. :-)
Q2: If my GF (not mother of my son) would become the owner of the chanote and my son (or I) rhe owner of the house built on this land can she sell the property w/o my and my son's consent? NO, the ownership aged under 20 is not allowed to sell without court's permission.
What's the best solution to protect the property? CANT ANSWER
I also heard that any minor 7 yrs old or above can be a sole chanote owner. Is it true? YES - must be any one Thai name for chanote owner, I am pretty sure although I am not the legal expert.
In order to get the chanote for your son, you, son's mother and son must be present at land office.
Hope this will help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Q1: Can he be an owner of the chanote? YES - my daughter is the owner of my property. :-)
Q2: If my GF (not mother of my son) would become the owner of the chanote and my son (or I) rhe owner of the house built on this land can she sell the property w/o my and my son's consent? NO, the ownership aged under 20 is not allowed to sell without court's permission.
I also heard that any minor 7 yrs old or above can be a sole chanote owner. Is it true? YES - must be any one Thai name for chanote owner, I am pretty sure although I am not the legal expert.
In order to get the chanote for your son, you, son's mother and son must be present at land office.
Hope this will help.

Lots of conflicting information on this subject. It would nice to see the child's name on a channote.

Land/condo/house purchases are contractual agreements of which I would imagine the purchaser and seller would need to be of legal age to enter into.

but I'm no expert on this.

b

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope this will help.

Lots of conflicting information on this subject. It would nice to see the child's name on a channote.

Land/condo/house purchases are contractual agreements of which I would imagine the purchaser and seller would need to be of legal age to enter into.

but I'm no expert on this.

b

Ownership is is only contractual with the Land Department. Its whose names on the Chanote (deed) that matters. A poster has already said that his land deed is in his daughters name and I'm presuming she's under 20

As other topics have covered a child can definitely own property, but difficult to sell prior 20 yo. My child did as well.

Also the mother could be a problem if still around. If she's dead or you have sole custody then a very safe method for land ownership.

Doubt your girlfriend will be excited though.