African people around soi 11

Lukecan

First of all this is not a troll topic. So please serious replies.

Anyway so, whenever I go to soi 11, which is basilcally everyday, alwys 2-3 black guys smile and say how are you doin, whats up etc while I'm walking from one end of the street to the other.

Are they just overly friendly, or is this like some secret code to sell something?

I see the same with Indian guys when walking down the sidewalk in Pattaya. They always want to shake my hand. Maybe I just have a friendly look...

Lower Sukhumvit has its share of scammers in all colors, genders, ages, Etc trying to find a mark.

I never shake someone's hand who I don't know as I have no idea where it has been.

My thoughts .... For what they are worth :)

Edited by ttthailand
  • Like 2

I see the same with Indian guys when walking down the sidewalk in Pattaya. They always want to shake my hand. Maybe I just have a friendly look...

Lower Sukhumvit has its share of scammers in all colors, genders, ages, Etc trying to find a mark.

I never shake someone's hand who I don't know as I have no idea where it has been.

My thoughts .... For what they are worth smile.png

I once had a cigarette between my fingers when he wanted to shake my hands...We did a good handshake, it was worth the hole in my skin....

yes, lot of very friendly people around...

when I walk down soi 6 in Pattaya, there are also so many friendly gals and "gals" who want to hug me and invite me into the cool of their rooms, because they see how much I sweat... thumbsup.gifwhistling.gifgiggle.gif

First of all this is not a troll topic. So please serious replies.

Anyway so, whenever I go to soi 11, which is basilcally everyday, alwys 2-3 black guys smile and say how are you doin, whats up etc while I'm walking from one end of the street to the other.

Are they just overly friendly, or is this like some secret code to sell something?

Maybe they just want to help you get a taxi to the floating market?

• Like 2

It is best to be wary of over friendly strangers, no matter the country or place... For example, never get sucked into a card game with Filipinos you don't know...

In the case of Africans along Sukhumvit, they have a long history of being involved in vice and fraud... As someone else noted, they can be very persuasive...

For the Indian tailors, once you shake their hand, they often will not let go as they pitch you their custom...

Soi 6 is another story as at least you get what you bargained for...

As always, YMMV...

Edited by Loptr

That's sad. Probably the same Nigerians that used to hang out around Soi 15 sitting on the 7-11 steps, they are trying to sell you drugs...long story short. Their opening line is "Hello my friend" (Always love when people I have never met before call me their friend) After the coup started the Government did an excellent job of cleaning up Sukumvit and you didn't really see any Africans anymore, ahhh those were the good months... I miss them so much, no scumbags, no illegal drinks carts no illegal shopping stalls... good times... sad that everything is back to normal now..

This is exactly what I thought lol, but still wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. Cause its happening nearly everyday, I'M a friendly person tooo but ı dont go around ggreeting random people on the street.

Yes, let's not pussyfoot around and get all PC; there is an issue in that area with these types peddling drugs. The dodgy Thonglor police would be better served pissing the 'right' people off in this area... why don't they, you may ask? Have a think about it.

Well put Dave.

Luke, a serious well meant piece of advice. Have nothing to do with any of them in that area. They are up to no good to put it lightly, be they flogging drugs, pimping African women. They're not the type of folks you want to be associated with or have the authorities see you with especially given the naivete you have shown in some of your postings in your time here thus far.

For a couple of years the 'Powers' seemed to have them 'under control' staging periodical 'clear outs' and ID checks on the Africans - a popular policy for the local Thai business owners in the area, some of whom had even posted 'No Africa man sit here[sic]' (or similar) signs on their businesses. Compared to recent years (and compared to other places in Asia) their numbers seem well down at the moment.

Be careful young fella!

• Like 1

Yes, let's not pussyfoot around and get all PC; there is an issue in that area with these types peddling drugs. The dodgy Thonglor police would be better served pissing the 'right' people off in this area... why don't they, you may ask? Have a think about it.

Why don't they? Possibly because its not in their area?

Ahh the lower Sukhumvit greeters....

African guys: Drugs

Indian guys: Suits

Thai guys: Soapies

Thai girls: Prostitutes

Thai ladyboys: Prostitutes

is that everybody?

There used to be a Brit near Nana who peddled, or should I say pushed ya-ba- or some such thing. Not seen him for a couple years now. Was known as Army D**e.

So I guess you can add Brit too. Lets us not forget the Farang scammers in the bars too!thumbsup.gif

they seem to have taken over most of the illegal street bars along Sukhumvit up to Soi 13 and the 7-11

but as we know there must be Thais behind the curtains letting them be there ,

I assume they are refugees or something like that and cannot be deported,

Maybe they can join the Thai Army ?????

is that everybody?

Dutch - Tulips

Germans Bratwurst

Italians - pasta

Mexicians Tacos

Spanish Bullfights

Americans : World Domination

Did I forget anyone ?

• Like 2

Yeah they are super friendly......most sales staff usually are. Just engage them in conversation and they will start asking what you need or looking for. Whatever it is you need or want, most likely they will find it for you. Just be wary of who is watching them across the street in plain clothes. You might get nicked for whatever you got from them.

is that everybody?

You forgot sex tourists who use these people,

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Like 1

I once had the mis-fortune to stay in one of the hotels that puts them up. It looked ok on the internet, but I soon realised my mistake.

No names can be mentioned on here, but it was in S.19 and my room didn't even have a window. I booked out after one week of hassle every time I got in the lift, drugs and prossies abounded. Very noisy sleep time as well.

Those who have had the bad luck to have stayed inj this awful place will know the one I mean.