SURVEY: What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

Scott

Why do vistors come to Thailand?  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In 1970 we were different people from what we are now.

I came for the sex and drugs/booze and liberalism,, as in Free Land.

Now I do denture replacements and face lifts and steroid injections.

Anything else would give me a heart attack.

I think a good question but with not enough "reasons for visiting Thailand " .

You see I think that there are many families who come here because Thailand was always portrayed as a mystical Eastern Oriental paradise.

It was part of a month long thre city holiday by Kuoni which included Hong Kong, Bangkok and Phuket.

I know that was the case for me, over 40 years ago now together with my first Lady wife and two kids we went to a lovely hotel in Phuket called the "Pearl village" and it was fantastic for all of us, leaving an indelible memory that made us come back time after time.

Other people that I have met and talked to also came for the temples and Wats and the Thai infrastructure which to most educated or should I say "cultured" Westerners is highly attractive.

The climate , food and the charm of the Thai people is also part of the reason.

I suppose that if you could ask all the families that over the last 40 years have come to Thailand time and time again it may well change the trend of the Poll

On the basis that the Poll will only be read by readers or voters on Thai Visa forum I can only conclude that to conclude that the Poll reflects any real accuracy or truth except to those who have taken part in it is deniable

Scot a good question but not really a good Poll question

Man, a blast from the past that I had forgot about thank God,

I married my second wife at the Pearl Village. The manager was a great falang guy called Tony. I wish I hadn't done it though.

nightlife and sex industry can be two different things. If given the option to choose one, I'd choose the nightlife over the sex industry.

Agreed. I enjoy the nightlife here in Bangkok. Thankfully most of it has nothing to do with the sex trade.

• Like 1

Feel free to vote and comment on the survey question.

Is Admin allowed to troll?? whistling.gif

Isn't discussing pros****tion against forum rules?

giggle.gif

I came here to get away from rules wink.png

I just do my best not to obey rules if I don't agree with them.

Overall cost of living and weather.

Fed up freezing my nuts off in the UK and paying insurmountable bills to keep warm.

I can pay all my bills here just on what I paid as Council Tax in the UK.

You should never have been paying council tax in the UK, you have been paying income tax.

I guess this is too difficult of a question for most so far. The question isn't about why you visit here.

Most of us came here as a visitor at first, surely?

No! The women first.

You first came here as a woman?

Where did I say that? I came here for the women first. But you have made it obvious in your posts that you didn't, but each to their own.

So... The poll reflects what most Thai Visa Members come here for, right ?

Sadly, I don't think we needed a poll to tell us that.

Why do you say 'sadly'? What people do with their body is no ones business but their own, as long as no one gets hurt.

Yeh.....63% have answered for the sex industry and nightlife.

The OP is not asking about yourselves......he is asking about the visitors.....tourists.

But what is expected from you? One track mind, in your old age.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

Any man who didn't come here for the women must be gay, huh?

Not necessary, Cliff Richard never bothered too much about women, and he is not known to be homosexual. He did have an affair with the 'Shadows' bass players wife.

Why do you say 'sadly'? What people do with their body is no ones business but their own, as long as no one gets hurt.

It's a shame this is primarily a sexpat forum when there's so much more to Thailand, is all I mean.

• Like 1

It's a shame this is primarily a sexpat forum when there's so much more to Thailand, is all I mean.

Yes, there is so much more to Thailand as you say, but Thaivisa is not a sexpat forum, I enjoy TV, and I have never been a sexpat, having sex with Thai girls does not mean I am a sexpat.

TV covers everything about Thailand, it does not just apply to sexpats. Of all TVs members, I would say only a small percentage are sexpats.

By sexpats, I am referring to people who barfine bargirls, or use prostitutes in other ways, massage parlours, karaoki bars, freelancers etc.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I came to see the temples,and after 20 years I still hope to visit one.

I'm doing better than you in that case. In my first 8 years here, I don't think I actually went inside a temple. I've lost count of how many I've visited in the last 18 months or so.

When I first came here, I was more interested in the night life but not now I'm hardly ever out at night.

Alan

Edited by Eneukman

Why bother asking the question ? It is easy to answer for the majority of the tourists and expats. Booze and bar girls. Now that the government is cracking down on the bar girls . What will you do ? Leave ! Thailand would be far better off with the foreign sex tourists. Ask most Thais what their real opinion is outside the money. You won,t like the answer. YOUR NOT WANTED HERE.

What else is there besides thai girls that would interest westeern men?

Surely noone goes to a Temple a day...................lol.

PRO- watermelon season lasts quite long,

Not necessary, Cliff Richard never bothered too much about women, and he is not known to be homosexual. He did have an affair with the 'Shadows' bass players wife.

You knew Cliff then personally possum?

On the basis that the defamation laws are so silly in Thailand I cannot challenge your quote about him and so I wont!

Your post is spot on apart from glaring ignorance about certain people mentioned and as far as having an affair with the base players wife didn't Rock Hudson also get married more that a couple of times until he left the closet?

Edited by n210mp

You knew Cliff then personally possum?

On the basis that the defamation laws are so silly in Thailand I cannot challenge your quote about him and so I wont!

Your post is spot on apart from glaring ignorance about certain people mentioned and as far as having an affair with the base players wife didn't Rock Hudson also get married more that a couple of times until he left the closet?

No, I never knew Cliff personally, and not a fan of anybody who accepts these Sirs in front of their name.

I came here for work.

Beaches - there are much more beautiful beaches in my country.

Weather - again, comparing to Thailand climate in my country is more pleasant - not all farangs are from UK.

Food is ok.

I agree with SoiBiker, there are lots of fat sexpats on the forum who constantly complains about fat farang ladies. What a double standard.

And yes, Thailand is a real paradise for sexpats.

Edited by azaazo9