Forum upgrade in progress! ×

SURVEY: What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

Scott

Why do vistors come to Thailand?  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I came here for work.

Beaches - there are much more beautiful beaches in my country.

Weather - again, comparing to Thailand climate in my country is more pleasant - not all farangs are from UK.

Food is ok.

I agree with SoiBiker, there are lots of fat sexpats on the forum who constantly complains about fat farang ladies. What a double standard.

And yes, Thailand is a real paradise for sexpats.

"there are lots of fat sexpats on the forum":

You have skills we don't know about, what else can you see of us?

My first 2 trips to Thailand was to escape the cold Canadian Winter, that I had in the Yukon.

I admit it was also to get an oil change. and eat the great food, since I was a bachelor who

only cooks to survive, and Mac and Cheese were plugging me up.

I got married to my lovely Thai-Canadian wife in 1999 and since then, my trips were

to escape Winter, to visit my Thai family and to enjoy the beach for at least 1 or 2 weeks.

I still like the fresh Thai food, and the climate, the relative safety, as compared with

some other Asian countries like Burma, and Cambodia or even Vietnam, where I have been

and felt lucky to have gotten back home with my health still intact.

I have seen far too many temples, and although I still like to see a different one that is

unique, I am not Buddhist and I do get a bit tired of the incense and the chanting.

Going to Thailand for a visit of a month or two is still a pretty cheap tropical, and Asian

vacation for my wife and I.

I came here for work.

Beaches - there are much more beautiful beaches in my country.

Weather - again, comparing to Thailand climate in my country is more pleasant - not all farangs are from UK.

Food is ok.

I agree with SoiBiker, there are lots of fat sexpats on the forum who constantly complains about fat farang ladies. What a double standard.

And yes, Thailand is a real paradise for sexpats.

"there are lots of fat sexpats on the forum":

You have skills we don't know about, what else can you see of us?

Oh yeah, you have two options: to assume that I really have skills you don't know about, or to read between the lines.

blink.png

azaazo9

It must be fantastic to come from a place with better beaches and weather than Thailand's. You must really miss it! As it happens I also came here for work but the question was about 'visitors' not ex-pats. You're right about the UK - the beaches and the weather are absolutely miserable compared to Thailand. I for one chose to come and live and work here. I feel very sorry for someone such as yourself who, presumably, had to leave a much more beautiful place out of economic necessity.

this will really reflect the kind of people that use this discussion board.

not the reason why 'people' visit Thailand.

excuse me mr perfect,

but if some one wanted to drink and go with bar girls dosnt make them a bad person,,

wind you neck in

Does make them rather sad though if they are addicted as some are. Alright for a time, but anyone going on with it when the novelty should have worn off years before is rather pathetic IMO.

• Like 1

And the winner is.. for the sex industry and nightlife?

What else do you expect from Thaivisa.com , they are just catering to their audience of sexpats and sex tourists by making them feel good about themselves.

I mean this is just a loaded question where they leave out obvious reasons foreign visitors come to Thailand like Shopping or Medical.

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1