please please please

sometime

As mentioned, a little clarity will go a long way.

My apologies, the post was a bit rushed, every time I put my bum on the computer chair I always seem to get called away, and yes it happened again doing this post, 3 bloody times.

What I meant to say was it would be nice if photos had a brief description like the seem to do in the Nature posts.

Please bear with me thanks.

Edited by sometime

Very Sad of you sometime, to post your comment above.

However, your comment below:-

OK my pet hate is posters who just post photographs, and can't be bothered putting any info?

Well as for camera, lens, etc........................................ I do not need to know any info, what I would really would like is the

Location of the photo as all cameras ARE NOT the same. blink.png in their settings, or are they? whistling.gif

Win facepalm.gif

• Like 1

We've had this discussion before about adding location info, and I fully support that. The first time I saw such a request, it came from Harrry, and I repeated it in a thread somewhere not so long ago. I'd be happy to see where folk took their photos - always interested in finding new places to go. The technical data is also welcome, (although, as Win says all cameras are not the same), but it does give others ideas of how to approach a particular type of shot.

So, please add location info to posts, as a minimum (I accept that for some genres this may be irrelevant, such as a close-up of two of Goompa's bugs banging like bunnies) and add any further info as you see fit.

AND...........

While we're on the topic of comments on posts, can they PLEASE be kept civil. There have been far too many verbals lately that should never have left posters' keyboards. Come on, folks, this is a fun forum, not the News or General. If that's the sort of posting that fires your flash, then Photography and the Arts just ain't for you: instead, don the body armour and dive into General, where abuse is seemingly de rigeur.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

• Like 1

^^^Rob...as you say some tech info is nice...however this also depends upon time of day

and the conditions (weather) when the pic was shot. A generic description may not work

if, at the relatively same location in the late afternoon when the OP's pic was grabbed in

the AM. Know what I mean? Difference in nat light et al. Then again...camera settings

are always helpful. I must admit...back in the 60's when I read Nat Geo faithfully every

month I used to note the tech info in the caption of the pic(s) that interested me and I'd

jot em down on a notepad. Later I'd go out & shoot stuff with noted settings using the

same film "stock". I hope you can imagine what a help that info was...regardless of

location & time of day.

AND...........ref to your last paragraph...

I agree with you 100% on this.

• Like 1

Rob...One thing I failed to mention...either that or I was simply being selfish

(hot to be confused with shellfish!) is that I woud take that notebook with me

when I went out shooting. There were some shots missed as I was consulting

that damn notebook! Anyway...it was all part of the 'learning process"...hah!

• Like 1