Two accounts - same bank

Hi guys,

Non-O renewal coming up. I have 2 accounts in the same bank with a balance exceeding 400,000 baht for the required seasoning period.

Is it acceptable to give the bank a letter detailing the 2 accounts and with a final total?

Many thanks for your input. wai.gif

I've not had any problem using two accounts at the same bank for my 800,000 baht requirement for a retirement extension at Chiang Mai. Neither account is touched for 90 days before the extension, of course. The bank lists both accounts and their balances on the same letter and I bring both bank books, and copies, to Immigration with me.

whistling.gif No problem.

I have two sepreate Bangkok bank accounts.

I recieve my monthly pension by direct deposit from the U.S. to one acccount.

By the rules I am not allowed to have an ATM/debit card on that first account. Not Thai but U.S. gocernemnt rule if you recieve a direct deposit pension monthly from the U.S. government.

Therefore i have a second account for my livung expenses. I transfer money for living expenses from the first account to my 2nd account

I have a ATM/debit card on that 2nd account.

When I do my annual renewal at immigraion of my retirement extension, I bring both passbooks, and my bank letter lists both accounts.

Not a problem.

By the rules I am not allowed to have an ATM/debit card on that first account. Not Thai but U.S. gocernemnt rule if you recieve a direct deposit pension monthly from the U.S. government.

Therefore i have a second account for my livung expenses. I transfer money for living expenses from the first account to my 2nd account

When I do my annual renewal at immigraion of my retirement extension, I bring both passbooks, and my bank letter lists both accounts.

Not a problem.

This is the second or third time Ive read this on TV....this is wrong! The US government has no such rule. You can have your pension deposited into any account you chose.

Not a problem.

This is the second or third time Ive read this on TV....this is wrong! The US government has no such rule. You can have your pension deposited into any account you chose.

In order to have your social security payments direct deposited to a Bangkok Bank account via their New Your branch you have to set up a special direct deposit account or it will not be credited to your account.

It is true you can have it direct deposit to any bank in the US but not to here. Bangkok Bank is the only choice for here.

Not a problem.

In order to have your social security payments direct deposited to a Bangkok Bank account via their New Your branch you have to set up a special direct deposit account or it will not be credited to your account.

It is true you can have it direct deposit to any bank in the US but not to here. Bangkok Bank is the only choice for here.

So you are saying that if you have direct deposit to the BKK bank from a US source, you cannot have a atm, debit card for that account? If thats true, then its the bank's rule for no card and not the US rule. Maybe.

Ok scratch all that....

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringIntoThailand/ReceivingFundsfromUSA/Pages/ReceivingFundsfromUSA.aspx

Interesting reading. Seems its not really a US rule its actually a BKK bank rule. I do know that BKK bank has different accounts with strange rules. My girl has an account for her business and she cannot have a ATM or Debit card with that account either. Strange but hey we dont make the rules we have to follow them.

Edited by 2fishin2

So you are saying that if you have direct deposit to the BKK bank from a US source, you cannot have a atm, debit card for that account? If thats true, then its the bank's rule for no card and not the US rule. Maybe.

Ok scratch all that....

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringIntoThailand/ReceivingFundsfromUSA/Pages/ReceivingFundsfromUSA.aspx

Interesting reading. Seems its not really a US rule its actually a BKK bank rule. I do know that BKK bank has different accounts with strange rules. My girl has an account for her business and she cannot have a ATM or Debit card with that account either. Strange but hey we dont make the rules we have to follow them.

It could be part of an agreement between the US and Bangkok Bank to do the direct deposits. But I think it is mostly Bangkok Bangkok Bank covering themselves to prevent anybody other than the account holder from accessing the account. They do that by no online banking, no ATM card and only the account holder can withdraw the funds. This is to prevent withdrawals if the account holder was to die.

Ok scratch all that....

It could be part of an agreement between the US and Bangkok Bank to do the direct deposits. But I think it is mostly Bangkok Bangkok Bank covering themselves to prevent anybody other than the account holder from accessing the account. They do that by no online banking, no ATM card and only the account holder can withdraw the funds. This is to prevent withdrawals if the account holder was to die.

Yes what I was think too. Kinda antiquated system to say the least but, we dont have to understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

what should the wording be on the letter. My bank seems not to know what to put and insists that it can't give me one letter listing that I have 2 accounts but wants to give me 2 letters and as always charge me for 2 letters. Have any of you had this problem? its SCB bank. Thanks for any input. wai.gif

I have my monthly pension deposited directly from my US company to my BKK Bank account via the NY branch. I have an ATM & Debit card for this account. I don't see anywhere in that article link that says you can't have an ATM/Debit card for direct deposits....

Ok scratch all that....