Thai passport in UK

My fiancee and I are to marry next month here in the UK and then go on to the next visas etc, after the 3 years she'll apply for British citizenship. Her Thai passport will expire in 3 years so my question is would she have to renew or is it ok to stay in the UK with an expired passport? Thanks in advance.

Your fiancée and you can marry in the UK but she cannot stay in the UK on an expired passport.

As the previous poster has said she can renew her passport in the UK.

You're a little vague regarding her status, but if you're implying that she can get British Citizenship after three years, that isn't the case. You might want to read this pinned topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/524561-uk-settlement-visa-basics/

Ok thanks, I can now see about the FLR lasting for 30 months etc. So the passport renewal is straight forward. When we apply for FLR after we've married are the English requirements the same as for the fiancee visa (A1)we were given? Sorry to ask but I can't see that info. Nick

Yes, the language requirement for FLR is the same as for the initial visa; at least A1, or the equivalent, in speaking and listening.

As she will be applying as a spouse, she can use the same pass certificate she used for her initial visa, even if it has expired, provided the test provider is still on the list of approved providers.

As she entered the UK as a fiancée she will actually need to make two FLR applications.

The first after you have married, which will last for 30 months, and the second at the end of that 30 months.

At the end of her second FLR she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (settlement).

When she applies for ILR she will need to have passed the Life in the UK test and at least B1, or the equivalent, in English speaking and listening with a provider from the above list.

Having passed them to obtain ILR, she wont need to take them again when, or if, she applies for British citizenship.

Edited by 7by7