Pattaya 'Naked Sushi' Restaurant makes national news headlines

webfact

Pattaya “Naked Sushi” Restaurant makes national news headlines

sushi-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Naked Sushi Restaurant based in Pattaya is the talk of Thailand at the moment for all the wrong reasons.

The “Tokyo Kids” Restaurant is located in Soi Khopia in South Pattaya and made national news headlines on Wednesday when details of the naked sushi service were circulated on social media, which was then picked-up by National News outlets who have been less than complimentary about the service they offer.

Comments in the Thai media and on Social Media Channels suggest Naked Sushi is degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects and also creates a bad image of Thailand to foreign tourists.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/169123/pattaya-naked-sushi-restaurant-makes-national-news-headlines/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-05

"Naked Sushi is degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects and also creates a bad image of Thailand to foreign tourists."

What a terrible thing to do to Pattaya.

It's actually interesting, because it shows that most Thai people have absolutely no clue about the stuff that goes on in Pattaya.

At first I thought it was just hypocrisy combined with 'don't care' and 'mai pen rai', but I'm coming to the realization that people actually don't know.

(And long may it remain so. ;) )

• Like 2

"Naked Sushi is degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects and also creates a bad image of Thailand to foreign tourists."

It's actually interesting, because it shows that most Thai people have absolutely no clue about the stuff that goes on in Pattaya.

At first I thought it was just hypocrisy combined with 'don't care' and 'mai pen rai', but I'm coming to the realization that people actually don't know.

(And long may it remain so. wink.png )

You know more than I do, but my Thai friends in Isaan know. They know which ladies, too. A lot of money flows back from Pattaya and other places and it's known how they get it.

But that's a very narrow circle that I know.

I think you'll find that every Thai knows exactly what goes on in Pattaya and other places, they just don't/won't acknowledge it and hate it when it's "publicised" or thrown in their faces. There's a whole slew of girls there working in "bars" as "waitresses" and that's all the family will acknowledge as long as the money keeps coming.

• Like 1

Comments in the Thai media and on Social Media Channels suggest Naked Sushi is degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects and also creates a bad image of Thailand to foreign tourists.

as opposed to the gogo bars and openly available prostitution which creates a positive image of thailand to foreign tourists and in fact to people around the world.

You know more than I do, but my Thai friends in Isaan know. They know which ladies, too. A lot of money flows back from Pattaya and other places and it's known how they get it.

But that's a very narrow circle that I know.

Well, they know that young women go there and what they go there for, but not really any details or the immense scale. They assume it's something like the karaoke shacks and singalong restaurants in the next village, but in a more urban environment, foreign visitors, and a better prospect at marrying a rich foreigner. Those karaokes and restaurants are relatively modest; girls sing a bit, eat and drink a bit, and then have sex with customers in some nearby motel. Similar like they would have sex with some boyfriend-gig in the village, except they make some money too. That much they know.

They do not know how fabulously grandiose, obscene and massively public the scene is; an astonishing 24/7 open-air cabaret, an unapologetic celebration of commercial sex.

(EDIT: ^ Did you like the above description of Pattaya? I enjoyed penning it down. wink.png )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

"... degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects ..."

OK, so equal it up by having a spread of sushi on a naked man next to her.

And, in future, have a 3rd spread if the 3rd sex is officially recognized by the Constitution.

Do you think they mean Soi Korpai, rather than Korpia? If so, this is where I have a house, but I've never seen this sushi bar. Anyone actually been?

I have and know one of the plates :)

Prices are crazy, mainly Japanese customers

• Like 1

And, in future, have a 3rd spread if the 3rd sex is officially recognized by the Constitution.

Absolutely. The LGBT community still has some distance to go in Thailand when it comes to constitutional rights, and having an equal opportunity at being dinner plates for Sushi would be another step in the right direction. :thumbsup:

I've never seen a sushi sausage before,,,,,,,, w00t.gif