Army called in as rival Pattaya Taxi encounters intensify

webfact

Army called in as rival Pattaya Taxi encounters intensify

taxi-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Following allegations of threats with deadly weapons, the Thai Army have been asked to intervene in a long-running dispute between licensed Yellow-plated Taxis and unlicensed or “Black” Taxis.

A group of over 100 licensed Taxi Drivers convened a meeting attended by Police, Banglamung District Officials and the Army to discuss how the authorities will deal with the unlicensed taxis who are transporting tourists in vehicles which are not correctly insured or regulated.

The drivers noted one incident which occurred recently outside of the Ibis Hotel off Pattaya Second Road where a small group of Yellow Plated taxi drivers confronted a group of “Black” taxi drivers and asked them to stop advertising themselves as Taxis.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/169111/army-called-in-as-rival-pattaya-taxi-encounters-intensify/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-05

Start using your meters then and there will be no need for anymore illegal taxis - simple innit!!

Yes, None of them use there meters.

From what I hear the GrabTaxi ones do, though they also apply a surcharge. If I used taxis at all I think I would favour those ones.

A group of over 100 taxi-drivers.............some years ago Pattaya City proudly announced the 25 metered-taxis.......maybe this number has doubled over the years, but 100?

I guess it's about legal and illegal songtaews; many hotels have their own "songtaew" and at the BigC's, Tesco's and probably other places you will find other (illegal) songtaews too.

It would be nice if there was a jet-ski operators war.

Who really gives a toss. It's the same as going to Kao Tao - as there is that much information on the www, relating to both of these matters, a blind man should know to avoid each like you would the plague.

Edited by somchaismith
  • Like 1

"Police who arrested one man but had to release him shortly after due to lack of evidence as the firearm thought to have been used during the incident could not be located."

How about a paraffin test?

Yeah, right. Silly me... blink.png

And what's with running to Daddy Army all the time?

The "Police" can't (won't) even sort out illegal Taxis?

facepalm.gif

I refuse to use any of the yellow taxis - one of the most blatant ripoffs in Pattaya. No surprises that someone else is lowballing them and getting their business. As mentioned earlier, they could save on the cost of installing meters given that they dont bother turning them on anyway - even the scoundrels in BKK will turn the meter on unless it's an agreed price from the time you get in.