UK anti-Semitic incidents hit record in 2014, says charity

webfact

UK anti-Semitic incidents hit record in 2014, says charity

LONDON (AP) — The number of anti-Semitic incidents in Britain hit a record high last year, with reactions to the conflict in Israel and Gaza last summer the biggest factor accounting for the jump, a charity said Thursday.

The Community Security Trust said it recorded 1,168 incidents across the country in 2014 — more than double the 535 cases documented in 2013, and the highest yearly total since the group began monitoring anti-Semitism in Britain in 1984.

Mark Gardner, a spokesman for the charity, said last month that it received an unprecedented number of calls from Jewish people fearing a Paris-style terror attack in Britain.

Concerns about anti-Semitism in Europe have risen after a kosher supermarket was targeted in France's deadliest attacks in decades. Four Jewish people were among the 17 people killed last month by the three gunmen, who also died.

Garry Shewan, Britain's national police lead for Jewish communities, said the charity's report was in line with increases in anti-Semitic crimes reported to police in recent weeks.

The charity said it received 81 reports of violent anti-Semitic assaults last year, including a victim being verbally abused and hit with a glass and a baseball bat in London.

Most of the reported incidents were not as extreme.

"The most common single type of incident in 2014 involved verbal abuse directed at random Jewish people in public," the group said in a report. In many cases, "the victims were ordinary Jewish people, male or female, attacked or abused while going about their daily business in public places," it said.

Other forms of abuse included hate mail, threats and abuse on social media, graffiti, and the damaging of Jewish property.

Most of the incidents took place in London and Manchester, the two largest Jewish communities in the country.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-02-05

What do they expect will happen as they allow anti-Semitic people to take over the UK?

The anti-Semitic people only followed after the path was already laid by the anti-Semitic media and press in the UK.

All those immigrants came on a path that was laid by the media and press? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

( The press is part of the media, FYI.)

We are blessed to live in a time when information is readily available to anybody.

We are cursed in the fact that media is controlled and manipulated by all sorts of Powers.

Media is being manipulated in any and every country: USA, GB, Russia, China....... the list goes on.

The vast majority of people in any country are easily manipulated by media: we are what we hear, read or see.

But vast majority is not all there is. This is also a blessing and a curse for some individuals.

I am looking forward to those newly bred 3 x DNK people from UK. The future does bring surprises...

• Like 1

Except for the figures quoted there is nothing new in this news.

<quote> "The most common single type of incident in 2014 involved verbal abuse directed at random Jewish people in public," the group said in a report. In many cases, "the victims were ordinary Jewish people, male or female, attacked or abused while going about their daily business in public places,"...

Well, 1,168 incidents reported allows to assume some unreported ones, doesn't it?

What I would like to see in these reports is a fair information on not only victims but perpetrators as well.

The victims are clearly "random ordinary Jewish people".

I would like to see similar general description of perpetrators... but it's nowhere to be seen.

IMHO it would be "specific violent Muslim people". Naturally, it is an assumption only. But I trust my own gut feeling.

The report in its present form looks like it has been edited in Sweden.

Don't you know by now that mentioning perpetrators by ethnic or religion afflation is a taboo

and politically incorrect? god forbid that Muslim be mentioned of fear or reprisal and intimidations

from all Muslim's quarters...

Beside, Jews were used as a whipping post for centuries now, when a group of people want to blame

and hate someone, they usually start with the Jews...nothing new here...

These kinds of stats are likely to be vastly under-reported. Thugs and yobs don't need much encouragement to abuse anyone. They certainly have enough cause, with the Mavi Marmara, 'Cast Lead', 'Pillar of Defense' and 'Protective Edge'.

The Muslim equivalent of The' Community Security Trust' is called 'Tell Mama'. http://tellmamauk.org/ They, too, are reporting a rise in anti-Muslim attacks. With the media fuelling paranoia and bigotry, it's hardly surprising.

• Like 2

<quote> "The most common single type of incident in 2014 involved verbal abuse directed at random Jewish people in public," the group said in a report. In many cases, "the victims were ordinary Jewish people, male or female, attacked or abused while going about their daily business in public places,"...

Well, 1,168 incidents reported allows to assume some unreported ones, doesn't it?

What I would like to see in these reports is a fair information on not only victims but perpetrators as well.

I would like to see similar general description of perpetrators... but it's nowhere to be seen.

IMHO it would be "specific violent Muslim people". Naturally, it is an assumption only. But I trust my own gut feeling.

Don't you know by now that mentioning perpetrators by ethnic or religion afflation is a taboo

and politically incorrect? god forbid that Muslim be mentioned of fear or reprisal and intimidations

Beside, Jews were used as a whipping post for centuries now, when a group of people want to blame

Well we in the Christian West did set some good examples over the centuries using the Jews as a whipping post and that is even before we get to the 20th century.

Such is the joy of religion.

What do they expect will happen as they allow anti-Semitic people to take over the UK?

No matter what extremists on the right believe, HMG will not permit such a path.

From the BBC website it breaks down a sample month in some detail. i.e. 25% of the reported incidents were commentary in social media websites, apparently a number by far right / neo Nazis, a group that worryingly is gaining membership in Europe. At the more identifiable level for the month of July 2014...

"The trust included a description of the alleged offender in 107 of the 302 July reports.

Of these, 55 were described as being of south Asian appearance, 32 as white, 15 as of Arab or north African appearance and five were described as black".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29057121

• Like 1

is that the reason that jews have been expelled from 109 countries since AD250 ?

is that the reason that jews have been expelled from 109 countries since AD250 ?

Been expelled from 109 countries since AD 205? and you get information where pray tell......

Who cares. Sick of hearing about it. You don't hear about anyone else gets berated or "targeted" there just this crowd. They seem to keep bringing up on a regular basis lest you forget. Someone screams anti-semitic and everyone is expected to cower or apologize. Btw, Semitic is not Hebrew, it is anyone from the Levant region of the Mediterranean, historically that includes Phoenicians, Carthaginians, and oh yea, Arabs. Like I said who cares there are more important things to concern ourselves with.

Who cares? the people who have persecuted for eons and centuries, that's who would you

say this out loud to say, the black people of America? who care about you being in slaved

for hundreds of years? or the Armenians whom the Ottoman empire have killed 2 millions of???

• Like 1

Most likely "specific violent Muslim people" had nothing to do with the,at least most of the cases.

Average Christians are tired of seeing Zionist Jews killing children in Palestine.

Of course you play victim and blame rest of the world for your own greedy actions.

Your little delusional circle is getting smaller and smaller. As said in the earlier post, information is available and that will be your downfall.

Typical BS from those claiming it is about anti-Zionism, not hatred against Jews. Hatred against Jews has been around for thousands of years, well before the establishment of the state of Israel.

Anyway, random Jewish people in the UK aren't exactly uniformed IDF soldiers, are they mate?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Religion of thieves where Gentiles are free game. Sometimes plans back fire and people fight back,maybe that could be the reason.

• Like 2

Religion of thieves where Gentiles are free game. Sometimes plans back fire and people fight back,maybe that could be the reason.

Did a Jew kick your puppy?

• Like 2

You assume the abuses were from immigrants, or do you know?

True, Abdul.Ali and Muhhamad are all new English popular namesgiggle.gif,Usmaan Tariq and Sameer are lagging little behind laugh.png

Did a Jew kick your puppy?

Not a chance, but if i had to guess it was either his donkey or a goatlaugh.png

Who cares. Sick of hearing about it. You don't hear about anyone else gets berated or "targeted" there just this crowd. They seem to keep bringing up on a regular basis lest you forget. Someone screams anti-semitic and everyone is expected to cower or apologize. Btw, Semitic is not Hebrew, it is anyone from the Levant region of the Mediterranean, historically that includes Phoenicians, Carthaginians, and oh yea, Arabs. Like I said who cares there are more important things to concern ourselves with.

It's about hatred against Jews. That is the definition of antisemitic. Pretty much the only people who rant on about not accepting the established definition of antisemitic (SPECIFICALLY about hatred against JEWS) have issues with Jews and wish there wasn't a word for hatred against Jews. Well it's (hatred against Jews) something that exists as has for thousands of years including multiple genocides against Jews so a word for something so serious is needed. If you don't want to hear about hatred against Jews ... tough cookies, move to another topic instead of posting about it. Would that work?

So, what's the word for "extreme disapproval of Israeli actions against Palestinians"?

I in no way advocate or exonerate the mass hysteria, ignorant masses, bigotry that makes rednecks abuse innocent Jews, but what you must not ignore is the message, that, as the OP asserts, this increase is due to a growing realisation of Israeli crimes against humanity.

Once Jews outside Israel start seriously condemning Israeli crimes, people will see it's an Israeli thing, not a Jewish thing. As it is, most Jews appear to support Israeli crimes.

Jews concerned with the increase in anti-Muslim abuse would be welcome too.

Crimes against humanity? Yes those pesky Jewish brain surgeons just keep on cutting people open and those pesky Jew lawyers who keep on getting or keeping people out of jail .

No need to mention all those pesky sciencetists, burn them all.

• Like 1