A4 Laminating service Chiang Mai?

Dogbarker

I’m seeking advice (yes, again!).

I want to have some sheet music laminated in clear plastic, to make it stiffer and durable. The only place I’ve found that can do this is charging a whopping 20 Baht per A4 sheet. I need to get that price down significantly, as I have a fair number of scores to do.

Do you happen to know anywhere around the city that does this kind of service at a sensible price?

Thanks for looking!

A cheaper way might be those plastic ring binder sleeves; probably have them and the binders in the Stationery Alladin's cave next to the UN Irish. Although they may not have the stiffness you require....

Edited by Chicog

A cheaper way might be those plastic ring binder sleeves; probably have them and the binders in the Stationery Alladin's cave next to the UN Irish. Although they may not have the stiffness you require....

Maybe run a sheet of thin cardboard in between two sheets of sheet music?

Head up Ratchawhiti Rd,get past the Irish Pub, to the traffic light. There is a Kodak photo shop on your left and right next to it on the right hand side is a tiny shop that does copies and laminating. Very cheap and friendly service.

Depending on how many scores of music you want to laminate you may even want to invest in a machine and the A4 pouches. The Aladdins cave near the UN Irish pub is called Zirieng.

Very good stationery warehouse. And they will have all that you require.

Mickeybigears suggestion is also viable as Ive heard that they do a good deal on bulk, but sorry I don't know their prices either.

From memory, when buying packs of laminating plastics, it works out about 10B a piece, so you may struggle to get lower than 10B, and only that if the shop can get them in cheaper in bulk.

I should point out my memory has been wrong. Any large copy shop should be able to do it though. Ask at a few.

Hello all , thank you for the practical ideas and suggestions , will take a trip into town over the next two days and try the various ideas .. Think I need to consider getting a laminator at some point and bring some sleeves over as a long term solution ..

Thanks again for all who responded nice to know there are some friendly folk out there!!

Dogbarker

I purchased about 6 months ago a laminator from the Zirieng shop. Its a Deli office series model 3895 and can handle upto A3 size sleeves. The price on the box was 2875 baht but I think we got it for 2500.

Zirieng also has a membership card available for 100 baht (From memory) this entitles you to various discounts on small items like pens and pencils through to big items like laminating machines etc. The membership lasts for a year and if you require lots of stationery over the period it adds up to good savings.

Most of the staff appear to be students earning pocket money but they are very professional and proficient at speaking English.

As to the laminating pouches/sleeves.... have a good look around the area where they are located as there are various brands (with various prices too).

It is a great shop and as mentioned before it is a regular Aladdins cave. Oh and to keep the forum regulators happy, I have no affiliation or association with this business. Its just a great stationery store/warehouse.

I purchased about 6 months ago a laminator from the Zirieng shop. Its a Deli office series model 3895 and can handle upto A3 size sleeves. The price on the box was 2875 baht but I think we got it for 2500.

Zirieng also has a membership card available for 100 baht (From memory) this entitles you to various discounts on small items like pens and pencils through to big items like laminating machines etc. The membership lasts for a year and if you require lots of stationery over the period it adds up to good savings.

Most of the staff appear to be students earning pocket money but they are very professional and proficient at speaking English.

As to the laminating pouches/sleeves.... have a good look around the area where they are located as there are various brands (with various prices too).

It is a great shop and as mentioned before it is a regular Aladdins cave. Oh and to keep the forum regulators happy, I have no affiliation or association with this business. Its just a great stationery store/warehouse.

Hi Thanks for the idea and recommendation .. will take a look as this could be the ideal long term solution - please could you help with location .. I have tried googling but no joy .. Thanks

Dog barker

From the Eastern side of the moat go down the street that leads to the UN Irish Pub (Ratwithi Road). Just before the UN Irish there is a 7 11 on the left and virtually directly opposite the 7 11 is Zirieng Stationery store.

Another words Zirieng is on the same side as the UN Irish but about 10-20 metres before it. In fact the 7 11 pedestrian crossing is right where it is. I just checked google maps and the street view doesnt show the sign that is now affixed to the outside of the building.

Good luck

From the Eastern side of the moat go down the street that leads to the UN Irish Pub (Ratwithi Road). Just before the UN Irish there is a 7 11 on the left and virtually directly opposite the 7 11 is Zirieng Stationery store.

Another words Zirieng is on the same side as the UN Irish but about 10-20 metres before it. In fact the 7 11 pedestrian crossing is right where it is. I just checked google maps and the street view doesnt show the sign that is now affixed to the outside of the building.

Good luck

Fantastic , thanks for all your help ..

appreciated.

Dogbarker