Six arrested in Phuket with kratom leaves

webfact

Six arrested in Phuket with kratom leaves
Saran Mitrarat

1423115986_1-org.jpg
The first three man were arrested following a raid at address on Prabaramee Rd.

PHUKET: -- Following tips-offs, Kathu police on Tuesday (February 3) carried out raids on two premises in Patong which were believed to house kratom dealers. The raids resulted in the arrest of six people.

At 4pm, Lt Col Suthichai Tienpo led a team of officers from Kathu police station to seal-off Prabaramee Rd after learning that kratom leaves were being sold from a shop there.

Police raided the shop and apprehended three people who had in their possession a large amount of fresh kratom leaves, 35 bags of cooked and chopped leaves, and 24 bottles of Anadryl cough syrup used for making the kratom based 4x100 drink.

Prasert Songkong, 60, was found to have 14 kilos of kratom leaves and 35 bags containing 1 gram of cooked and finely chopped kratom leaves. Kritsana Gnernkaew, 25, had 105 kratom leaves and 24 bottles of Anadryl.

Prasert now faces charges of possession of a Category 5 drug with intent for sale. Kritsana will be charged for possession of a Category 5 drug and selling modern medicines without a permit.

Weerayuth Baoratkarn, 28, who had come to the premises to purchase leaves was also arrested as he had 45 leaves in his hand when police carried out the raid. He also faces being charged with possession of a Category 5 drug.

Following the first raid, a seperate police team went to a second address in Soi Baan Boontham on Ratchapratanuson Rd and arrested three Burmese men who had bought kratom leaves from Kritsana.

The three, Ang Bo Bo, 28, Chay Ko Ko, 22, and Winn, 30, were arrested with 180 leaves. They all face charges of possession of a category 5 drug.

All six were taken to Kathu police station with the seized items.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/power-cut-in-phuket-town-tomorrow-50885.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-05

How about spending the time & effort catching the big category 1 drug Kings.

Maybe they pay too much in backhanders?

Please don't start me, I am still recovering from a sore stomach laughing at the new police chief's statement to his boys in Pattaya.

Ridiculous kratom is illegal. Chewed a massive stack of that stuff trying to get a buzz during a golf round. Tastes like chalk, gets you about as high as a half a cup of coffee and doesnt help your golf game. Still shot a 99.

I think If I chewed a whole pack of cigarettes I would surely get higher.

• Like 1