My trip pattaya-sihanoukville

bapoboy

What was your reason for going thru this HELL !!!!

Where was Hell involved ? Overland transport i can find exciting in Asia .Just make the best of what you have got .It sounds like an easy trip from Pattaya to somewhere completely different .

• Like 1

Well done, and the info is very valuable! So it is not 1500 Baht under any circumstance. What they do insist upon is the perceived fee of the electronic visa. This is really interesting. You have stood your ground half way. This is not bad at all given the well-deserved abysmal reputation of that border checkpoint.

The motorbike bastard screwed you badly but it was not major bucks. So also not really bad.

In SHV: If you like pizza go to Olive Olive at the Golden Lion Roundabout. An excellent Magherita is only 5 USD and very nice and large.

Samudera supermarket is a good place to change money. THey also have good Italian bread. 100 meters up the street in the direction of the big covered market is a Vietnamese bakery, same side of the street, with cheap and fresh baguettes. Try the Vietnamese noodle shop on Tola street also very good value and good food.

Enjoy your trip and thanks for posting!

By the way, why dont you post the visa information in the Cambodia section of the forum and in the sub section for visa? This will help a lot of board members.

• Like 1

In Cambodia they sell a lot of ticket shv-pattaya and shv -Bangkok is that a scam I see a lot of people buy this ticket and when they get to the border the bus doesn't go to pattaya or Bangkok, 10pepole have problem yesterday and they have to buy new ticket from hat lek to trat and then pattaya/Bangkok.

I just buy ticket to koh kong from shv because I don't believe this buses.

• Like 1

Well done, and the info is very valuable! So it is not 1500 Baht under any circumstance. What they do insist upon is the perceived fee of the electronic visa. This is really interesting. You have stood your ground half way. This is not bad at all given the well-deserved abysmal reputation of that border checkpoint.

The motorbike bastard screwed you badly but it was not major bucks. So also not really bad.

In SHV: If you like pizza go to Olive Olive at the Golden Lion Roundabout. An excellent Magherita is only 5 USD and very nice and large.

Samudera supermarket is a good place to change money. THey also have good Italian bread. 100 meters up the street in the direction of the big covered market is a Vietnamese bakery, same side of the street, with cheap and fresh baguettes. Try the Vietnamese noodle shop on Tola street also very good value and good food.

Enjoy your trip and thanks for posting!

By the way, why dont you post the visa information in the Cambodia section of the forum and in the sub section for visa? This will help a lot of board members.

I know he do,but I was to tired and only want to go room and sleep haha:)

Ha! If the OP thinks the road from KK to Snooky is crap now he should have tried it before they built the bridges and surfaced the road properly! Wait for the ferry at four different crossings. If it rained you had to wait your turn for a bulldozer to tow your bus up the muddy hills. It took me over 15 hours to get from PP to KK once. It's infinitely better now.

• Like 2

Ha! If the OP thinks the road from KK to Snooky is crap now he should have tried it before they built the bridges and surfaced the road properly! Wait for the ferry at four different crossings. If it rained you had to wait your turn for a bulldozer to tow your bus up the muddy hills. It took me over 15 hours to get from PP to KK once. It's infinitely better now.

My last trip over the mountain was an experience I'd rather not repeat, although as you say the road got a surface on it it is slowly but surely reverting to a serious dirt track in many places, they obviously skimmed most of the money that was for the road development (provided by Japan I believe), it requires a permanent road crew filling in holes and laying lose stones on ever increasing stretches - last time I used it there was a bus stuck in mud were they had 4x tractors trying to tow it out, next time I will detour through Siam reap (extra 200k) just to avoid

The exact distance from Pattaya is 600km and the border is near enough half way

What was your reason for going thru this HELL !!!!

Where was Hell involved ? Overland transport i can find exciting in Asia .Just make the best of what you have got .It sounds like an easy trip from Pattaya to somewhere completely different .

. Where was the hell involed???are you serious?

• 2 weeks later...

Before shouting, get informed.

The visa fee has been raised to 37 USD.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752159-visa-fees-increased/

The usual quick scam bla bla.

Closed for me.

Cambodia visa on the border is $30. Since he arrived on foot, there is no E-anything.

so the 'bla bla' part applies to you.

Actually the e-visa is $40 total. 37 plus a 3 dollar charge they add on if you use a credit card. I have done this trip many times and I have only once been able to pay the official rate of the walk-in visa which is $30 now. The Cambodian immigration seems to know if you enter in the morning they will delay you so you miss your on going bus connection unless you pay their bribe. The same happens in the afternoon. Or they will not accept your dollars saying there is a tear or ink mark on them and demand bath. If you are in no hurry and don't mind waiting an hour or so then you might get through with paying the official visa rate. I have given up with them and get an e-visa and so far it works without delays or shakedowns and not putting any money into their pockets.

I don't know what the OP is going on about saying the road is bad between Koh Kong and sihanoukville. Its not like is was a year ago when the road was in shambles its been fixed now with the occasional pot hole. Took me 4.5 hours to do the journey last week and the bus was direct and was great. This bus was $12 with the extra wide seats and well worth the extra $4 instead of the regular bus. This bus company is VET if they happen to have that buss going they day your are there. They have an office in town or at the bus station.

post-72597-0-70092700-1424147511_thumb.j

• Like 2