Pattaya sushi shop manager charged over ‘nude menu’

Thaivisa News

Pattaya sushi shop manager charged over ‘nude menu’

PATTAYA: -- Pictures and a video clip of a special sushi menu have gone viral on social networks to the dismay of the Tokyo Kid sushi shop in Pattaya. The unwanted popularity prompted the shop on Soi Korfai in Tambon Nongplue of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district to shut itself down temporarily.

The pictures and clip showed Thai women with no clothes on lying on their back on dining tables. There were sushi varieties on their body and on plates around each of them waiting to be savored the shop’s patrons. In one photo, two western men with their faces blurred by mosaic effect were seen enjoying the sushi.

Although the shop has been closed down temporarily following an outcry by social networkers, police managed to locate it and summoned the shop manger, Apichart Wongsurirya, 38, to face charges of holding indecent activities and having women go nude in the public.

According to Thai Rath, Apichart told police that the special menu was provided to patrons occasionally when foreign patrons, especially Japanese and South Korean tourists, requested it. Apichart said each patron was charged Bt5,000 for the body sushi menu, excluding drink charges.

He said a Thai woman who agreed to lie down naked as the special dish for sushi, earned between Bt2,000 to Bt5,000 each time.

Apichart claimed that the women just served as the dishes without entering the flesh trade.

But police apparently did not believe him. Pattaya police station chief Pol Col Sukthat Pumphanmuang said police would summon the women in the widely shared photos to question whether they doubled as prostitutes.

• Like 1

Police seek arrest of Australian owner of South Pattaya “Naked Sushi” Restaurant

sushi-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday afternoon, and in response to complaints via social media regarding a “Naked Sushi” Restaurant in South Pattaya, over 50 officials from various Police Divisions and Government Departments, conducted a raid on the venue.

The raid was led by the Pattaya Police Chief, who was joined by officials from the Banglamung District Licensing Unit, The Army, Pattaya Tourist Police, and Chonburi Immigration.

When the group arrived, the Restaurant was not open but the Manager, Khun Apichart aged 38, was inside and permitted entry to the officers who conducted an inspection of the Restaurant. They were particularly interested in speaking with the owner, who the Manager stated was an Australian called “Jason” aged 60, and the semi-naked woman in the publicity photos for the restaurant which were posted online.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/169358/police-seek-arrest-of-australian-owner-of-south-pattaya-naked-sushi-restaurant/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-06

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday afternoon, and in response to complaints via social media regarding a “Naked Sushi” Restaurant in South Pattaya, over 50 officials from various Police Divisions and Government Departments, conducted a raid on the venue.

I wonder what they had for lunch.

"Although the shop has been closed down temporarily following an outcry by social networkers, police managed to locate it and summoned the shop manger, Apichart Wongsurirya, 38, to face charges of holding indecent activities and having women go nude in the public."

So now I guess the magnificent Thai police will now have to go and arrest all the wealthy Thai guys

who own the gogo bars on walking street, as they certainly are having women go nude there... :-)

I swear, the levels of hypocrisy here reach uncharted levels..

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

This is not a new type of restaurant. There is one in Las Vegas. The difference is that the girls wear bikini panties and are not nude. you can check it out on youtube.

The idea has merit but i would think that it is a little more classy in the US than it would be in Pattaya.

This is so B.S. : 50 officials needed?!?!?!?! Holy than tho Photo Op. This is/was a closed door / private establishment. Give me a break, stab some one for not buying your watch....500b fine. etc, etc................I am too sad to post anymore about this, a real shame

You can imagine the shock and horror of encountering nudity on a visit to Pattaya.

Shiver me' timbers Mate!

If they want to "Protect" us from unsightly views, how about shutting down the Jet-Ski thugs?

Rather unsightly to see people getting scammed for years on end isn't it?

Let consenting adults do what we want.

I may or may not ever find the place, but if I do, who am I hurting?

The more they try to "Save Face", the more they Lose Face.

Idiots is my opinion.

You can imagine the shock and horror of encountering nudity on a visit to Pattaya.

Shiver me' timbers Mate!

If they want to "Protect" us from unsightly views, how about shutting down the Jet-Ski thugs?

Rather unsightly to see people getting scammed for years on end isn't it?

Let consenting adults do what we want.

I may or may not ever find the place, but if I do, who am I hurting?

The more they try to "Save Face", the more they Lose Face.

Idiots is my opinion.

Ah but the police are raking in millions of baht from the jet ski scam, and thus

it will go on forever. Unless Prayut decides to stop it. Sometimes in Thailand,

money is more important than face. And given this " raid " , I suspect the police

were not being given their proper cut.

"Although the shop has been closed down temporarily following an outcry by social networkers, police managed to locate it and summoned the shop manger, Apichart Wongsurirya, 38, to face charges of holding indecent activities and having women go nude in the public."

So now I guess the magnificent Thai police will now have to go and arrest all the wealthy Thai guys

who own the gogo bars on walking street, as they certainly are having women go nude there... :-)

I swear, the levels of hypocrisy here reach uncharted levels..

You farang no understand.

Farang must pay 10x at least what Thai pay.

Obviously no one told Jason the rules.

Seriously though, draw attention to yourself in anyway here is bad news. Going viral on social media is not recommended, especially for such an activity.

Naked Sushi had a short vogue on Samui, noone said a word. This is just the Pattaya BiB thinking they aren't getting their cut of a sex operation. So stitch up the owner till they get a back percentage and fine for not cutting them in earlier. BiB not clear on the concept.

Edited by animatic

"Thai woman who agreed to lie down naked as the special dish for sushi, earned between Bt2,000 to Bt5,000 each time."

And I thought folks were being over charged at those CM karaoke bars.....

I know I feel a whole lot safer seeing all that police time and man power being invested in this cracking down on this sort of crime. I am continually being mugged and cheated by naked Thai women that smell of sushi all over Pattaya.