Gary Glitter found guilty of child sex offences

george

I never liked the guy even in his days of glory and after the scandals in Asia I do not doubt he is (probably) guilty in this case, but I continue to believe it is a dangerous precedent to convict anyone for a crime that allegedly happened many years in the past, on (he said/she said) evidence. Actually with that precedent, anyone could fall victim to accusation, and get convicted.

What would happen if someone (a woman) filed a complaint that Tony Blair molested her 25 years ago when she was 12? or any celebrity for that matter or anyone who made enemies in the past.

Past times were much more decadent than the present. Also values much different and what was and was not acceptable much different. Not that i condone his behavior, but back then lots of things went on that would be abhorred now? In a way it's like being taxed retrospectively? He was idolised by kids so it must have an affect on him? At the time i though it was strange, and the whole Jimmy Saville thing also strange (cigar in hand wearing sports clothes, etc; creepy ). Guess he will be looked after by hm prison in his old age; cheaper than an old peoples home!

I never heard of the guy until the allegations surfaced. He wasn't exactly The Beatles or Olivia Newton John, now was he.

What a loser.

+1 I have an extensive RnR collection - over 150GB, and not a single song or piece from this "RnR Star" I too never heard of him untill he was arrested in Vietnambah.gif

"northernphil"

"I am not defending GG in any way .yes lock him up but leave his cell open at night for the night prowlers BUT What was a 10 yo doing sleeping in his mansion. Ok a lot of kudos for young girls to be GG friend , but teens hanging around after gigs , not 10 yo girls who find themselves having to lock themselves in the bog. I still think too many people 40 years on say " Oo ,oo I was one give me a grand and I will tell you what happened to me. Just saying"

You wouldn't be "just saying" this if your wife/daughter/sister were a victim of his or his like minded sick ilk.

Do you think the parents of the 10 year old girl who used to spend the night at his house should also be in jail now.?

A mother using her daughter to get close to a glam rock star. Disgusting.

Edited by berybert

How the hell has this dragged on for so long ? Makes the Rolf Harris case look like summary justice by comparison - little wonder they didnt nail Saville until he was in the ground. A complete travesty. IMO.

The reason Jimmy Saville wasn't nailed until he was 6 foot under is simple. He could have taken down the Government and who knows what else if to many questions had been asked when he was alive.

• Like 1

Good thing that his past has caught up with him.

Now how about prosecuting the serial child abusing gangs from Rotherham - 1000+ offences over the last 10 years or so wasn't it?

Anyone care to bet that there will be as much energy applied to that one as to Gadd and Rolf Harris?

No, I didn't think so.......

Edited by JAG

I never heard of the guy until the allegations surfaced. He wasn't exactly The Beatles or Olivia Newton John, now was he.

What a loser.

+1 I have an extensive RnR collection - over 150GB, and not a single song or piece from this "RnR Star" I too never heard of him untill he was arrested in Vietnambah.gif

They still play his songs at NHL games

What a loser.

Actually he was one of the biggest acts of the 70s in the UK. I just wish the UK authorities would put as much time and effort into the Rochester abuse scandal as they have into these historic child abuse cases.

They failed on Jimmy Savile so I think they are on a witchhunt to save face even Cliff Richard was dragged in and I'm sure hes still a virgin.