Siam Paragon bombs: Hunt on for 'Dragon'

webfact

Answer to Lucky 7/11

Your comment on the US seals is very very wrong,and inaccurate.

Perhaps I have slightly understated their abilities - BTW 7 is not a lucky number and I hate 7/11's so take great offence (offense to you) at your slandering my moniker!!!

I'm no expert like every one else on here..but I do have an opinion and I personally think it was a very well orchestrated/organised explosion directed to do minimal damage at a quiet time of the day with no injury to the public!With even more sanctions being wheeled out seemingly by the day now by the ruling junta general and his cronies this could well be a stage managed event to justify more army presence and authority in the coming weeks/months!

Right, so the army plans this false flag operation and then divulges the CCTV footage and eyewitness descriptions of the perpetrators so that maybe someone in the public can identify them and bring down the whole conspiracy because...? facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Another source said that the twin pipe bombs could have been planned by core leaders of a political group that had lost its political benefits, by hiring men in uniform

Because of libel laws, these reporters talk in code. I will translate: Somebody said Thaksin directed his minions in Bangkok to hire RTP officers to plant the bombs, maybe. That's what they are strongly hinting at when they make these vague, unattributed statements.

Yes - that's most likely the intent of these vague statements. But I still can't see how a small-scale bombing like this would benefit the man in Dubai. It would seem to simply give the current regime an excuse to ramp up security, extend martial law, and perhaps push off elections further into the future. Remember that the coup-makers claim that they will only allow a return to democracy when things are stable. Incidents like this suggest they still have work to do. I don't see how it helps Reds/PTP regain power...

Really oxymoronic for the Reds to orchestrate this bombing if they really want an early election. Could even be a PDRC/PAD set-up to influence the NRC and the NCC to insert more lopsided reforms and laws to limit PT ability to win the next election. Seem the junta has already concluded the motives and the perpetrators even before any arrest and trial.

Has Thaksin and his red shirts always demonstrated clarity of thought and logic in their actions and statements?

Do they have a track record of getting people saying different things, lying, seeking sympathy outside of Thailand, and orchestrating bombs, attacks, intimidation?

It was be in Thaksin's great interest to destabilize the country as much as possible, including weakening the economy, causing unrest, all whilst pretending to cooperate.

He isn't interested in any kind of reconciliation. He wants total control. Reforms will be designed to prevent or at least make that harder for him. He can't wait for the statute of limitations to expire on all his outstanding court cases and needs that conviction and jail sentence squashing.

He will have a plan and it will comprise of lots of different elements as always,

An early election, even if PT win, and have an overall majority, which isn't guaranteed won't give him the amnesty he craves judging by public reaction last time. So he'll want much more turmoil and unrest, failing economy, tourist numbers way down - then he can orchestrate his return and the savior, the man who paid off the IMF "with his own money:.

So Thaksin never demonstrated clarity in thoughts and logic but he has a plan. Ok. Got it.

Another source said that the twin pipe bombs could have been planned by core leaders of a political group that had lost its political benefits, by hiring men in uniform

Because of libel laws, these reporters talk in code. I will translate: Somebody said Thaksin directed his minions in Bangkok to hire RTP officers to plant the bombs, maybe. That's what they are strongly hinting at when they make these vague, unattributed statements.

Yes - that's most likely the intent of these vague statements. But I still can't see how a small-scale bombing like this would benefit the man in Dubai. It would seem to simply give the current regime an excuse to ramp up security, extend martial law, and perhaps push off elections further into the future. Remember that the coup-makers claim that they will only allow a return to democracy when things are stable. Incidents like this suggest they still have work to do. I don't see how it helps Reds/PTP regain power...

I don't see how it helps Reds/PTP regain power

If they can make the current government look ineffective and unable to secure the peace, perhaps the current government will lose the confidence of those who are undecided. The Junta doesn't need the bombings for any reason. They don't even need the bombings to make the PTP/UDD look bad because they already plan to prosecute them to the ends of the Earth.

I don't think it is helpful for the news to print innuendo, with absolutely no proof other than the supposed bomber has connections to a PT politician in Samut Prakarn, a Red Shirt stronghold.

"If they can make the current government look ineffective and unable to secure the peace, perhaps the current government will lose the confidence of those who are undecided"

Coup-makers don't need the confidence of the undecided. They have the guns and they call the shots. That's what coups are about by definition: the seizure of power through the use or threat of military force rather than the assumption of power via the electoral process. The regime can basically do whatever it wants, including modifying the constitution to meet its needs. The ultimate position of the 'undecided' matters little.

"The Junta doesn't need the bombings for any reason."

...other than to make the argument that their self-appointed mission to "create stability" has not yet been accomplished and so martial law must continue and elections must be put off longer.

I'm no expert like every one else on here..but I do have an opinion and I personally think it was a very well orchestrated/organised explosion directed to do minimal damage at a quiet time of the day with no injury to the public!With even more sanctions being wheeled out seemingly by the day now by the ruling junta general and his cronies this could well be a stage managed event to justify more army presence and authority in the coming weeks/months!

Right, so the army plans this false flag operation and then divulges the CCTV footage and eyewitness descriptions of the perpetrators so that maybe someone in the public can identify them and bring down the whole conspiracy because...? facepalm.gif

Yes..that's right and that's "my opinion"..so like it or lump it or stick it where the sun don't shine!passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zCdgc

If they can make the current government look ineffective and unable to secure the peace, perhaps the current government will lose the confidence of those who are undecided. The Junta doesn't need the bombings for any reason. They don't even need the bombings to make the PTP/UDD look bad because they already plan to prosecute them to the ends of the Earth.

I don't think it is helpful for the news to print innuendo, with absolutely no proof other than the supposed bomber has connections to a PT politician in Samut Prakarn, a Red Shirt stronghold.

"If they can make the current government look ineffective and unable to secure the peace, perhaps the current government will lose the confidence of those who are undecided"

Coup-makers don't need the confidence of the undecided. They have the guns and they call the shots. That's what coups are about by definition: the seizure of power through the use or threat of military force rather than the assumption of power via the electoral process. The regime can basically do whatever it wants, including modifying the constitution to meet its needs. The ultimate position of the 'undecided' matters little.

...other than to make the argument that their self-appointed mission to "create stability" has not yet been accomplished and so martial law must continue and elections must be put off longer.

In your previous post, to which I responded, you said, "I don't see how it helps Reds/PTP regain power". Now, you don't like my answer and show me where I'm wrong. It seems to me your original statement wasn't genuine or you were looking for a specific answer and I didn't give it to you. I think you have more of an opinion than you let on.

So is this guy linked to red shirts and the apologists on here blaming the Junta have egg on their faces yet again, or is he army ?.

It sure seems like the former - but I'd like to know for sure before I move my respect for their opinions down one more notch (Just as soon as I've cut another one below the one at the bottom).

For those jumping on the back of the red shirts, Thaksin etc, ask yourself, who has been on the ropes recently and whose position and "moral" standpoint would most benefit from the bombings? Also, is it not strange that the authorites know so much about the suspects?

Didn't you read?

They met Thailand's worst and only super- hero: Captain Supercabbie, the taxi- driver with the megamind!

Ask Baerboxer: he knows him , too!

Sarcasm - the lowest form of wit.

But, witnesses wouldn't suit your agenda, so let's pretend no one could remember such things.

Guess you believe Jautapon - he's reliable, knows who it was and wasn't even their. But he heard voices, or was it Skype?

Pity Chalerm's quiet - he could tell us the initials.

In your previous post, to which I responded, you said, "I don't see how it helps Reds/PTP regain power". Now, you don't like my answer and show me where I'm wrong. It seems to me your original statement wasn't genuine or you were looking for a specific answer and I didn't give it to you. I think you have more of an opinion than you let on.

I'm not sure I understand your point. I am looking for a convincing reason why TS/Reds/PTP would do this ... how they would benefit. You gave your opinion: that they want people (or more specifically, the 'undecided'), "to lose confidence" in the present regime. I simply explained why I don't find your hypothesis convincing given the nature of regimes that come into power through a coup (i.e., they don't really need to have the confidence of the people - they're not a democratically accountable entity). So yes, I was looking for an answer, but didn't find yours convincing. Perhaps others do, and that's fine, right?

Really oxymoronic for the Reds to orchestrate this bombing if they really want an early election. Could even be a PDRC/PAD set-up to influence the NRC and the NCC to insert more lopsided reforms and laws to limit PT ability to win the next election. Seem the junta has already concluded the motives and the perpetrators even before any arrest and trial.

Has Thaksin and his red shirts always demonstrated clarity of thought and logic in their actions and statements?

Do they have a track record of getting people saying different things, lying, seeking sympathy outside of Thailand, and orchestrating bombs, attacks, intimidation?

It was be in Thaksin's great interest to destabilize the country as much as possible, including weakening the economy, causing unrest, all whilst pretending to cooperate.

He isn't interested in any kind of reconciliation. He wants total control. Reforms will be designed to prevent or at least make that harder for him. He can't wait for the statute of limitations to expire on all his outstanding court cases and needs that conviction and jail sentence squashing.

He will have a plan and it will comprise of lots of different elements as always,

An early election, even if PT win, and have an overall majority, which isn't guaranteed won't give him the amnesty he craves judging by public reaction last time. So he'll want much more turmoil and unrest, failing economy, tourist numbers way down - then he can orchestrate his return and the savior, the man who paid off the IMF "with his own money:.

So Thaksin never demonstrated clarity in thoughts and logic but he has a plan. Ok. Got it.

Well done Eric.

You think all plans follow logic, and demonstrate clarity of thought?

Clearly not a student of business or history then.

I'm not sure I understand your point. I am looking for a convincing reason why TS/Reds/PTP would do this ... how they would benefit. You gave your opinion: that they want people (or more specifically, the 'undecided'), "to lose confidence" in the present regime. I simply explained why I don't find your hypothesis convincing given the nature of regimes that come into power through a coup (i.e., they don't really need to have the confidence of the people - they're not a democratically accountable entity). So yes, I was looking for an answer, but didn't find yours convincing. Perhaps others do, and that's fine, right?

I am looking for a convincing reason why TS/Reds/PTP would do this ... how they would benefit

Ridiculous! There is no way that anyone could give you a 'convincing reason' as there has not been enough evidence released. You were trolling by pretending to want my opinion. Besides, I don't believe anyone could convince you, even with hard evidence, as you have already made up your mind the the Junta staged it. I won't respond to you further.

Police work quite efficiently when they aren't being obstructed by their political paymasters...Let the TV reds (and the real ones howl). Most things are better now than they were under YL. As for martial law - I haven't felt any one of my "rights" being restricted yet. Let me know when that happens, so I can notice.

That post kind of kicks the legs out from under your signature quote, doesn't it?

"Boggles the mind that you bozos think that one side is right and one side is wrong in this struggle. There is blame to go around. Wake up to the gray world. "

Edited by MZurf

"Dragon." Have the Triads moved in?

My son's Thai name translates with the word "Dragon" as part of the meaning.

You should learn some Thai.

Undoubtedly their are Chinese criminals operating in Thailand too.

I hope for your son's sake that the rest of his name does not translate as "Choking the...".

I am looking for a convincing reason why TS/Reds/PTP would do this ... how they would benefit

Ridiculous! There is no way that anyone could give you a 'convincing reason' as there has not been enough evidence released. You were trolling by pretending to want my opinion. Besides, I don't believe anyone could convince you, even with hard evidence, as you have already made up your mind the the Junta staged it. I won't respond to you further.

I think you need to check your definition of 'troll', my friend - it's seems to have become one of those words, like Nazi, that people toss around in ignorance of its real meaning.

You gave a possible reason, and I rebutted it, hence it was not convincing to me. As I said, perhaps others are convinced (and it does seem that there are people prepared to blame the bogeyman Thaksin for every bad thing that happens in Thailand). I am not saying that the coup-makers are responsible for this incident. I'm only saying that it benefits them more than their opposition. That does not logically mean that they are responsible... there may very well be other parties with something to gain (e.g., criminals, southern insurgents, etc etc.) In fact, I'm not dismissing the possibility that red shirt sympathisers may be behind this. I'm just trying to understand what their aim would be in that case... your hypothesis, as I've said, is unconvincing. Perhaps there are other better explanations.

For those jumping on the back of the red shirts, Thaksin etc, ask yourself, who has been on the ropes recently and whose position and "moral" standpoint would most benefit from the bombings? Also, is it not strange that the authorites know so much about the suspects?

Didn't you read?

They met Thailand's worst and only super- hero: Captain Supercabbie, the taxi- driver with the megamind!

Ask Baerboxer: he knows him , too!

Sarcasm - the lowest form of wit.

But, witnesses wouldn't suit your agenda, so let's pretend no one could remember such things.

Guess you believe Jautapon - he's reliable, knows who it was and wasn't even their. But he heard voices, or was it Skype?

Pity Chalerm's quiet - he could tell us the initials.

Oh thank you!

I really don't care, how you rate my "wit" and sure as the sun rises in the east, I don't give a hoot about Jattuporn.

Witnesses?

If I remember correctly, there were numerous witnesses standing by, as the two "terrorists" planted the bombs and no one cared or remembered!

But that taxi- driver remembers hight, approx. age and if one of the guys looked tired ...like he traveled a long way (those pesky Burmese, again...).

You may believe the lying machine, that is the RTP and the government- I stick with Mr. Occam!

• 3 weeks later...