Thai Justice Minister targets 40 for overseas lese majeste offenses

webfact

Stacey Dooley should investigate

Would that not be like opening Pandora's Box?

Once our Stacey gets her chavvy teeth into a subject she wont let go until it's dinner time.

Stacey Dooley will have the authorities quivering in their boots due to her grrat investigative skills

Once our Stacey gets her chavvy teeth into a subject she wont let go until it's dinner time.

Stacey Dooley will have the authorities quivering in their boots due to her grrat investigative skills

I think that she's a real dish, can you immagine how much she would expose if she was let loose in Koh Tao,

Hey, Thailand, don't you have anything better to do that waste people's time on B.S. like this?

Your written "requests" will be tossed in File 13, and your verbal requests will fall on deaf ears, or bring laughter to the listener.

Lots of luck with this crap!

Justice minister targets 40 for overseas lese majeste offenses
“I would like the countries where the suspects [are] to be aware of the feelings of Thai people, so clear evidence is submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Welcome to the 2st century, where freedom o speech has now boundaries worldwide..... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The real irony here is, as Wikipedia points out in their article on the topic:-

"Neither the King nor any member of the Royal Family has ever personally filed any charges under this law."

It then goes on to quote comments made by His Majesty himself in his 2005 birthday speech. I won't quote them, just to be on the safe side, but they make an interesting read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se-majest%C3%A9#Thailand.

In practice the politically motivated use of these laws makes any effective Thai sociology almost impossible. How can you effectively analyse a society, its power structures, wealth distribution etc if a key part of the social structure cannot even be mentioned for fear of malicious prosecution? It is one thing to punish defamation of the Monarchy but quite another to effectively outlaw any mention of the role of the Head of State.

It is being totally a used and abused as a weapon. Edited by chooka

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think that she's a real dish, can you immagine how much she would expose if she was let loose in Koh Tao,

I must admit I've never thought of Stacey Dooley as a sex object. I just object to her.

Don't they realy have other proplems to look after?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?

And if i am living abroad an like to use my possibility of freedom of expression i would take that fundamental right to do so: and that to me is not a lese majeste as long it's proven the truth somebody expressing.

In Thailand people dont have the freedom of expression their mind and as long that is not possible by law and protected by law as long Thailand will never be a country that can claim beeing a democrate country: just "free " elections wont make democracy!

trainman34014, on 06 Feb 2015 - 13:05, said:

Serious waste of time and they should get on with solving the REAL problems of the country.

This is just childish stupidity, they seem to forget that some of these "criminals" would be in democratic countries, real democratic countries, opposed to Thailands idea of democracy, these countries have freedom of speech laws, in effect they would give these "Thai kids" the proverbial finger.

Serious waste of time and they should get on with solving the REAL problems of the country.

I agree with you on that statement.

However, LM is a very important tool for the current 'government'... although clearly not applied to any of the real problems of the country, as you point out.

But LM is very important for maintaing "national security"... whistling.gif

I agree with you on that statement.

However, LM is a very important tool for the current 'government'... although clearly not applied to any of the real problems of the country, as you point out.

But LM is very important for maintaing "national security"... whistling.gif

It has been important for many years, for many reasons

Good luck with that request JM. With satements like ""Those countries will know that Thailand is worried and wants to bring the culprits to punishment," few counyrties will compy as this indicates a lack of justice for these "suspects."

"Those countries will know that Thailand is worried and wants to bring the culprits to punishment," he said.

I don't think so. Extradition ? Most countries will tell Thailand to take a hike as most democracies consider the law outdated and unjust. And those countries that are not a democracy, well inherently they will just have a laugh, and continue with what they do best, enslavement.

Well that is 40 happy Thais all guaranteed the right to stay in the country of their choice.

This army lot have shot themselves in the foot again.

It could also start a new trend. Go abroad and commit LS in order to get the right to stay .

• Like 1

I watched a so-called comedy show on Thai TV yesterday (for a minute), where one of the "comedians" was dressed up and acted like Hitler... Should every country with offended citizens stand in line waiting for the extradition of this comedian, and every viewer that was laughing?

Every person on this planet would be flying around from country to country every week being extradited if all countries was like this funny guy... blink.png