Budget food corners to be arranged at big malls to help people cope with high living cost

Lite Beer

Who weathers the loss?

A substantial portion of 'graprow gai' costs approx 10bht to make using quality chicken (5bht or chicken + 200gm rice).

(200gm of cooked rice, sticky or steamed is sold for 5bht in all my local rice shops)

What loss are you talking about?

Indeed, at the local market I buy +300 gram of steamed white rice for 5 Baht, at Big C I pay 12 Baht for 200 gram.

16,666667 THB/kg to 60 THB/kg this is how supermarket chains making profit on small things all over the world, caused the stupid customers still buy it, without to complain. whistling.gifgiggle.gifclap2.gif

Som nam na

Who weathers the loss?

A substantial portion of 'graprow gai' costs approx 10bht to make using quality chicken (5bht or chicken + 200gm rice).

(200gm of cooked rice, sticky or steamed is sold for 5bht in all my local rice shops)

What loss are you talking about?

and how about the cost of oil, basil, fish sauce, chili, vinegar, sugar, water, styrofoam boxes, plastic bags, cooking gas, cooking utensils, gasoline for the pickup truck, the pickup truck, the food cart, salaries, cost of renting space, cost of unsold food etc. etc.? You've never been in the business obviously.

I have another question do we need supermarkets at all??

Sure is we buy a lot of uneccessary packings and in top we getting charged for this rubbish.

Just look at the parkinglots at the bigc's and tesco's. Thai can afford a 40- 50 baht lunch. Or can't they pay for their cars?

Keeps on being a mistery for me. Have a look at the colonel's.

prices of local markets were riased to the level of tesco or bigc when they arrived in town.

Caused the vendors have to pay to loans for their brandnew pickups down.whistling.gifsad.png

I have never seen poor people, Issan people in a shopping mall. They build them but aren't allowed in them.

IMO you don't have any Idea 2 to 5 year ago the malls in Ubon was packed with country ppl, caused of high rubber, rice and palmoil prices, but now is crises and still far away from the bottom.

Hang on, the P.M did this already last year, about 6 months ago as a gift to the people to install happiness. Did he take it back off them and now trying to say here is a new gift? Are the people really that stupid?

IMO yes, sometimes you can selling some ideas, several times, depending on the time and other topics between, ppl tending to forget. w00t.gif

Thats politics.

dragonfly94, on 09 Feb 2015 - 21:00, said:
mickjn, on 09 Feb 2015 - 20:56, said:

They just charged me 35 baht and it was great

Probably cooked in old palm oil, not so great

I like that old girl that serves me,she is about 60 but still looks good

Food corners arranged Thai version :

Translated in common language; Portions will be made smaller and have even less nutritional value,

Just noticed yesterday at Makro (CP) that the frozen mussel meat which I liked had changed package, but kept the same price.

Still the same Chilean mussel meat at 100 - 200 pieces per kg, written on the label.

Only difference is that now in very small text is written " total weight 900 gram" where it before was 1 kg.smile.png

Looks like CP arranged their freezers also to help people with living bah.gif

Went into Makro today, and CP has further arranged its freezers to help people with living.

The 1Kg mussel meat which was 185 Baht about 3 weeks ago, and was then reduced to 900 gram, was today increased in price to 215 Baht.

That translates in my calculations to a price increase of 30% in 3 weeks time, for exactly the same product. So far for stabilizing prices in Thailand.

By the way, where before it was labeled ARO, in the new version it is distributed by CP, so he cornered Makro global who own the Aro brand as well.bah.gif

Quite an interesting thread in respect that most of the rare points I would have made are covered.

Now I know I will get shot down in flames for this oversimplified model.

Force registered rent paying and therefore tax paying vendors within shopping malls rather than street stalls to cap prices? Of course they will drop quantity in accordance and then have to suffer the burden of further increased prices of stock should they occur. This will turn them against a govt they may, one day, have a choice to vote for. The consumer will be unhappy that they are getting smaller portions because of the scheme and also be peeved. Would it not be more sensible to issue vouchers to people on minimum wage thus winning their hearts and in the minds of said vendors increase business as now those people they might not have seen before will attend so they are happy with increased business not realising that they are going to get taxed on it as quickly as they earn it in some way or another as, of course, they will have to declare those vouchers against sales to collect; revealing something close to actual taxable figures for a change.

Stevehhd