Dairy Farms in Chiang Rai

Fcon88

So, this is my first post, first of all I would like to say 'Hi' to you all :-) My husband and I are looking at moving to Chiang Rai next year (Oct 2016). We are from the UK and I have only recently got my Level 6 in Dairy Agriculture, obviously one of the main reasons we want to move to Thailand is becuase neither of us will need to work , however I can't help thinking that I will throw away my hard work in gaining my qualification, so I searched 'Dairy Farms in Chiang Rai', I found out that apparently there is a Dairy Co-operative who have many Dairy farms, but I can not find any information about any of these farms. Does anybody know of further details regardng these farms? Does any body have contacts regarding these farms? I am interested in the possibility of continuing my trade if the opportunity arises. ANY HELP would be much appreciated.

I would be pleasantly surprised if someone came along with an answer to your questions.

If you do get good info, what you will find, (and let's not even talk about work permits here) is that, unless it is accompanied by cash, Thais typically have no interest in advice from outsiders. Professional qualifications notwithstanding.

It is the Thai way, or the highway.

Many of us who have accumulated education and a solid amount of experience in our fields in our home countries, have, after years in Thailand, returned to our homes so as not to waste what we have learned. I retired to LOS for five years, and soon came to feel like I was wasting all I had worked hard on most of my life. Those feelings were exacerbated by seeing Thailand's sad state of things in my relevant field. I returned stateside three months ago to return to work.

Having said that, there are exceptions to every rule, so I do wish you the best in reaching your goals. The journey can sometimes be just as fun and rewarding as reaching the destination.

Just have to know to pull off the road, if you find yourself going in circles.

I have been involved with dairy farming in Thailand for some years ,you will fine that your uk qualifications( what ever leval 6 is) will not go very far ,dairy farming in the tropics is a different ball game, you have to deal with, Anaplasmosis and Babesia,tic fever ,3 day sickness,fot rot in the rainy season constant mastits ,no quality forage in the hot season.( rice straw) average milk yeild 12-14 kg /day,concertrate price about 10-11 bart /kg ( of low ME) milk price, grade 1, 18 bart /kg,( just gone up ,but can come down as well), vets and AI men of duebess quality ,and will allmost certanly speek no english,that is the start.

With a half decent cow now costing 40.000 + bart plus, then all your equipment.you will need a large wallet.

If you what to know some more pm me.

And learn to speak some Thai a bit quick.

Yours Regs

KS