NACC To Prosecute Former PM For Yellowshirt Crackdown

Lite Beer

Its becoming a bit too blatant to ignore now.

Article in the UK Financial Times today headlined "Thailand’s generals should stand aside" pretty much sums it up

yes even the great FT can see it all for what it is but a few 'yellow diehard's' on here cannot, weird that.

• Like 1

Article in the UK Financial Times today headlined "Thailand’s generals should stand aside" pretty much sums it up

yes even the great FT can see it all for what it is but a few 'yellow diehard's' on here cannot, weird that.

Obviously FT is controlled by Thaksin and the article written by Robert Amsterdam! That is the only explanation for an external news source not "understanding" the need for a coup.

• Like 2

Jesus rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMq you are some piece of work Costas

It is clear its a witchhunt the public prosecutor DECLINED TO PROSECUTE so they are going to do it themselves as time continues there is less and less credability for this government that took over at the point of a gun under the guise they are indpendant of any r LOL its very clear who is back at the reigns by having to use the GUN because they could never get in by the VOTE.

Yes. I cannot understand, and on other social media, people are talking about this, that on this board, so many think that the yellow shirts are the good guys, when they were responsible for all the chaos, in the first place. When they managed to impeach Taksin, they saw they still not could elected, and every time, over and over again, they put the country in chaos. Taking over the airport, is only a small thing (but cost Thai society an arm and a leg!), compared of all the impact all their actions has caused wrong. And you are the bad guy, stopping this madness?

A government should be ELECTED, and neither the Yellows, or the army has been. I would have much more sympathy, for this government, if they would keep BOTH parties to rest in any action to put the country in problem for their own benefit.

They should not have interfered to throw over an democratic chosen Government, but to stop illegal actions from the opposition, to paralyze the country for their own benefit. And again, I am totally aware, tha the "red shirts" are no saints either, but at least they have been elected, and if there is doubt about that, it should be investigated a legal way, and no witch hunt be involved. Get new elections, see that none of the parties are able to bribe the result, and that the army interfere, not to act against a legal elected government, but to act against the disturbance of the peace.

the yellows did not contest in the elections....

And a government that uses full scale vote buying isn't democratic elected. And even if it would it needs to follow the constitution and the separation of power....

Still trotting out the discredited party line bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1LoY-G7rYjbH Boring!

Your post is identical to post #32 by h90:

"the yellows did not contest in the elections....

And a government that uses full scale vote buying isn't democratic elected. And even if it would it needs to follow the constitution and the separation of power...."

to which I replied in post #51:

"Of course you have no credible evidence of this "full scale vote buying", and you ignore the fact that the 2011 election was monitored by ANFREL and declared legitimate.

The yellows, actually the misnamed Democrats, did not contest in the elections because they'd given up on getting democratically elected."

Whether you are posting the same nonsense under multiple identities, or copying posts you like and presenting them as your own, you posts definitely strike me as trolling.

Two words...Protest .....Peaceful (relatively by the Yellows as I recall)

what's with this myth about the yellow shirts being peaceful?

As MAJIC stated, relative to the actions of the red shirts, the yellow shirts are peaceful.

nah, that's just nonsense.

violence is violence. it's not "relative" to the victims.

haha... that's just the sort of nonsense someone trying to defend a group with more relative violence would say.

Violence is, however, violence as you say and there are more victims of red violence as they have produced more violence.

Edited by Ernst

wow another piece of 'non-discrimination'?

No, the time for justice has come for some politicians that avoided the law for years.

Jesus rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMq you are some piece of work Costas

It is clear its a witchhunt the public prosecutor DECLINED TO PROSECUTE so they are going to do it themselves as time continues there is less and less credability for this government that took over at the point of a gun under the guise they are indpendant of any r LOL its very clear who is back at the reigns by having to use the GUN because they could never get in by the VOTE.

Yes. I cannot understand, and on other social media, people are talking about this, that on this board, so many think that the yellow shirts are the good guys, when they were responsible for all the chaos, in the first place. When they managed to impeach Taksin, they saw they still not could elected, and every time, over and over again, they put the country in chaos. Taking over the airport, is only a small thing (but cost Thai society an arm and a leg!), compared of all the impact all their actions has caused wrong. And you are the bad guy, stopping this madness?

Don't be confused. Thai Visa Forum is not exclusively read or used by westerners only. Thais with a decent command of English also post here in order to make it appear that the yellow shirts have wide backing in the expat community.

On the streets , I have yet to meet an expat who whole heartily supports the coup and it's fallout to the degree that some of the pro coup posters here would have you believe.

Hi So Thais crave respect and are exceedingly sensitive to criticism . They want democracy , but only for themselves. The concept of one man one vote , regardless of wealth or skin tone , is an anathema to them

I find your post pretty strange. Are you suggesting a conspiracy theory of Thai people who are posting here to sway opinion on an expat website ( where most posters are not actually expats?)

• Like 1

Obviously FT is controlled by Thaksin and the article written by Robert Amsterdam! That is the only explanation for an external news source not "understanding" the need for a coup.

I always found that the funniest yellow tinted conspiracy. Thaksin bribes foreign newspapers to run stories favorable to him. Yes uh huh ok back to the loony bin with you.

Reconciliation my big white ass.

Obviously the Financial Times is very much pushing the democratic and social aspects of finance wink.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Superb article cheers

Pity that even for three free articles a month I have to register.

So, do us a favour and give us a summary in your own words. Thanks wai.gif

PS that's assuming the article has any relation with the topic here rolleyes.gif

It is an op/ed piece wich doesn't mention the case in question.

Hmm... what about those responsible for Red-Shirt crackdowns? Or the people responsible for closing down the airport? For the record, I don't belong to any coloured-shirt camps. They both have their agendas and points, and can be equally daft too.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, the time for justice has come for some politicians that avoided the law for years.

like the ones who played a hand in the Murder of 90 Demonstrators in 2010 oh no they've been acquitted

Im puzzled at you attitude towards the Junta , do you have Thai kids here? would you like them growing up in a non democratic , Military run country with no freedom of speech and "Attitude adjustment" for those who don't tow the line ?

1 tiny little difference - none of the yellow shirts demonstrations wa violent, none on the demonstrating people had weapons wereas the red demonstrations were always violent. You might not remember or might have not been in Thailand at the time, but when the reds were cleared off in 2010, many many buildings in BKK - mostly shopping malls and shops - were burned down to the ground, and few government places around Thailand as well.

I can not be arsed to find the respective articles, but you might have not been in Thailand at that time, when the Government House was vandalized by the yellows (or better: their paid pawns), when thousands were held hostage by an airport- blockade and when at least one "yellow" "protester" was allegedly blown to bits by a self-constructed device, she hid under her jacket?!

A device that was surely built to spread the love, she was feeling for the opposite side, right!?

No weapons, no violence my behind!

I am neither red nor yellow...just stick with the truth, please!

• Like 1

I can not be arsed to find the respective articles, but you might have not been in Thailand at that time, when the Government House was vandalized by the yellows (or better: their paid pawns), when thousands were held hostage by an airport- blockade and when at least one "yellow" "protester" was allegedly blown to bits by a self-constructed device, she hid under her jacket?!

A device that was surely built to spread the love, she was feeling for the opposite side, right!?

You are repeating a piece of discredited BS which was tried as an excuse to cover butt. Military grade tear gas grenades were used which explode on impact, killing this woman and tearing limbs from others. Trying to paint the victim as a bomber (with a bomb in her bra yet) is either pretty low or abysmal ignorance.

BTW one male protester was killed when (apparently) a box of ping pong bombs exploded in his car.

• Like 1

You are repeating a piece of discredited BS which was tried as an excuse to cover butt. Military grade tear gas grenades were used which explode on impact, killing this woman and tearing limbs from others. Trying to paint the victim as a bomber (with a bomb in her bra yet) is either pretty low or abysmal ignorance.

BTW one male protester was killed when (apparently) a box of ping pong bombs exploded in his car.

The "victim" was in possession of a self- constructed explosive device, yes or no?

Did she take that to the demonstration, yes or no?

Is that an expression of pecaefullness, yes or no?

Just asking...

And it was discreditted by whom?

The opposite side?

Yeah...must be true then!

My point btw was NOT if she got blown to bits by her own bomb or somebody else's.

My point was that she HAD a "bomb" with her, which is usually used for.....what again?

The "victim" was in possession of a self- constructed explosive device, yes or no?

Just asking...

The opposite side?

My point btw was NOT if she got blown to bits by her own bomb or somebody else's.

My point was that she HAD a "bomb" with her, which is usually used for.....what again?

No, No and irrelevant. She was struck by a military grade tear gas grenade fired under orders directly AT protesters. Others struck by them lost limbs. then it was claimed she MUST have had a bomb to cause so much damage, but no evidence was ever presented of that.

GET IT? she didn't have a bomb. It was BS CYA.

Below is the link to the NN article. Do you believe the man who had his leg blown off was carrying a bomb in his long socks?

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2008/10/11/what-happened-on-7102008/

Don't be confused. Thai Visa Forum is not exclusively read or used by westerners only. Thais with a decent command of English also post here in order to make it appear that the yellow shirts have wide backing in the expat community.

On the streets , I have yet to meet an expat who whole heartily supports the coup and it's fallout to the degree that some of the pro coup posters here would have you believe.

Hi So Thais crave respect and are exceedingly sensitive to criticism . They want democracy , but only for themselves. The concept of one man one vote , regardless of wealth or skin tone , is an anathema to them

I find your post pretty strange. Are you suggesting a conspiracy theory of Thai people who are posting here to sway opinion on an expat website ( where most posters are not actually expats?)

These red supporters are a pretty strange group who are quite comfortable with their bizarre conspiracy theories.

like the ones who played a hand in the Murder of 90 Demonstrators in 2010 oh no they've been acquitted

Im puzzled at you attitude towards the Junta , do you have Thai kids here? would you like them growing up in a non democratic , Military run country with no freedom of speech and "Attitude adjustment" for those who don't tow the line ?

1 tiny little difference - none of the yellow shirts demonstrations wa violent, none on the demonstrating people had weapons wereas the red demonstrations were always violent. You might not remember or might have not been in Thailand at the time, but when the reds were cleared off in 2010, many many buildings in BKK - mostly shopping malls and shops - were burned down to the ground, and few government places around Thailand as well.

The coroner's report showed her to be killed by the RDX in the old Chinese made military teargas. (not as you claim, by explosives she carried)

• Like 1

When it comes to the red sympathizers, either of those two explanations could be accurate.

Edited by Jetter

Just asking...

The opposite side?

No. The victim was killed by RDX laced teargas (bought from the Chinese military)

And fired by the RTP. On orders from the PM at the time. Somchai.

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 1

The coroner's report showed her to be killed by the RDX in the old Chinese made military teargas. (not as you claim, by explosives she carried)

The disingenuous "I am neither red nor yellow" is a bad joke.

Costas is the one sided hero of the yellows, What about prosecute Abhisit and Suthep for the killing of red shirts and civilians, no this will never happen, because this government and the NACC are avoiding the law.

Costas is the one sided hero of the yellows, What about prosecute Abhisit and Suthep for the killing of red shirts and civilians, no this will never happen, because this government and the NACC are avoiding the law.

As noted above.... Looking at the calendar, 2010 comes after 2008.

• Like 2

Using a calendar's only relevant when the PP date is being looked at. It's when the case is filed that matters.

(edit: typo)

Edited by Humberstone

Using a calendar's only relevant when the PP date is being looked at. It's when the case is filed that matters.

Is coming up on six years long enough?

NACC indicts Somchai, Chavalit over Oct 7 bloodshed

The Nation

Published on March 17, 2009

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/03/17/politics/politics_30098053.php

• Like 1

yeah...you don't know me, you have no idea about me, so please ...shut up!

By the way: the point I referred to, was the one of "yellow" demonstrators are mere angels.

She may have been killed by something fired at her.

Ok!

My question again: carrying an explosive device or not?

And if so: why?

Edit: and by the way: teargas is used the world over in demonstrations and no one get's killed, because tear gas does not tend to explode.

If it did, in this case, it was an accident with marginal equipment.

Not a direct effort to kill someone.

Unfortunately ...it most likely did!

Edited by DM07

Can't speak for Costas but my reply is YES and YES.

My two kids grew up during the Thaksin regimes and both of them were cheering when the "coup" happened.

Just proves how much you have screwed them up then

• Like 2

yeah...you don't know me, you have no idea about me, so please ...shut up!

By the way: the point I referred to, was the one of "yellow" demonstrators are mere angels.

She may have been killed by something fired at her.

Ok!

My question again: carrying an explosive device or not?

And if so: why?

Edit: and by the way: teargas is used the world over in demonstrations and no one get's killed, because tear gas does not tend to explode.

If it did, in this case, it was an accident with marginal equipment.

Not a direct effort to kill someone.

Unfortunately ...it most likely did!

You were given a link to an article by the very pro redshirt Nick N.

He was there and gave a blow by blow account.

Read the account he wrote. The teargas canisters were military ordnance. They were powerful enough to blow barricade tires into the air. They had RDX in them. She wasn't carrying explosives. You truly are either being disingenuous or are very poorly informed

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 1

Two words... Airport Takeover

Two words...Protest .....Peaceful (relatively by the Yellows as I recall)

what's with this myth about the yellow shirts being peaceful?

He clearly used the qualifier "relatively".

Over time they certainly defended themselves more aggressively but with the mitigation of constant attacks by the redshirts.

yeah, this is more of the selective defence of violence that seems to happen a lot here.

I don't buy it from either the red shirts, the yellow shirts, the governments of the day, or (especially) the military.

Then there is Majic's (essential) denial that the yellow shirts were violent at all. That is incorrect, and it's extremely selective.

Let's be honest, over decades and decades, the worst offender have been the military.