NACC To Prosecute Former PM For Yellowshirt Crackdown

Lite Beer

How dare they try to take the airport back from the criminal yellows shirts who held thousands of foreign tourists hostage including children and infants. These mongrel caused great pain and anguish to many people from around the world. I had an appointment in Melbourne that I couldn't make and lost a few thousand dollars because of the lowlife yellows. Many tourists were extremely grateful that they were freed and able to get home after the government acted. The government were the good guys and the heros in the eyes of tourists and the yellows were seen as evil thugs.

Except this has nothing to do with the airport. Did you actually read the OP?

Held thousands of tourists hostage. Really! Any links to this information?

By the way I think if government officials and politicians make bad choices there should be procedures to find the truth .. all officials and politicians!

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 1

wow another piece of 'non-discrimination'?

No, the time for justice has come for some politicians that avoided the law for years.

Jesus rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMq you are some piece of work Costas

It is clear its a witchhunt the public prosecutor DECLINED TO PROSECUTE so they are going to do it themselves as time continues there is less and less credability for this government that took over at the point of a gun under the guise they are indpendant of any r LOL its very clear who is back at the reigns by having to use the GUN because they could never get in by the VOTE.

Yes. I cannot understand, and on other social media, people are talking about this, that on this board, so many think that the yellow shirts are the good guys, when they were responsible for all the chaos, in the first place. When they managed to impeach Taksin, they saw they still not could elected, and every time, over and over again, they put the country in chaos. Taking over the airport, is only a small thing (but cost Thai society an arm and a leg!), compared of all the impact all their actions has caused wrong. And you are the bad guy, stopping this madness?

A government should be ELECTED, and neither the Yellows, or the army has been. I would have much more sympathy, for this government, if they would keep BOTH parties to rest in any action to put the country in problem for their own benefit.

They should not have interfered to throw over an democratic chosen Government, but to stop illegal actions from the opposition, to paralyze the country for their own benefit. And again, I am totally aware, tha the "red shirts" are no saints either, but at least they have been elected, and if there is doubt about that, it should be investigated a legal way, and no witch hunt be involved. Get new elections, see that none of the parties are able to bribe the result, and that the army interfere, not to act against a legal elected government, but to act against the disturbance of the peace.

Aah, when I would be the figurehead of a $ billionaires' clan, like 'owning' the richest province of the North, I'd be able to show you what a small investment it is to buy-off enough people and votes to have a majority, in order to get control over the huge jackpot the taxpayers' money is, and with that manna to take big chuncks off for the clan and its vassals, there'd still be enough crumbles left over to throw at the silly poor masses and consolidate our grip on the whole country, and with sisters, daughters, sons, cousins to follow up, establish our dynasty, no-one would be able to get us off the throne using democratical means, we would have bought the democracy, the democracy would be us...!

• Like 1

Im puzzled at you attitude towards the Junta , do you have Thai kids here? would you like them growing up in a non democratic , Military run country with no freedom of speech and "Attitude adjustment" for those who don't tow the line ?

Can't speak for Costas but my reply is YES and YES.

My two kids grew up during the Thaksin regimes and both of them were cheering when the "coup" happened.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, the time for justice has come for some politicians that avoided the law for years.

like the ones who played a hand in the Murder of 90 Demonstrators in 2010 oh no they've been acquitted

Im puzzled at you attitude towards the Junta , do you have Thai kids here? would you like them growing up in a non democratic , Military run country with no freedom of speech and "Attitude adjustment" for those who don't tow the line ?

1 tiny little difference - none of the yellow shirts demonstrations wa violent, none on the demonstrating people had weapons wereas the red demonstrations were always violent. You might not remember or might have not been in Thailand at the time, but when the reds were cleared off in 2010, many many buildings in BKK - mostly shopping malls and shops - were burned down to the ground, and few government places around Thailand as well.

tally ho........just high spirits

What about the former Prime minister for the crack down on the red shirt protests??????????? Fair is Fair!!!!!!!

1. The former pm was yingsy, she didn"t crack down on redshirts

2. Abhasit before that, negotiated over 6 weeks , live on TV, the peaceful resolution to the rajadamneon protest. Except After the agreement was reached, a core still said, "over my dead body". Which was seen as a consensus.

What's to prosecute?

The 90 plus wanted to be matyred, what can you do?.

Edited by Manbing

Aah, when I would be the figurehead of a $ billionaires' clan, like 'owning' the richest province of the North, I'd be able to show you what a small investment it is to buy-off enough people and votes to have a majority, in order to get control over the huge jackpot the taxpayers' money is, and with that manna to take big chuncks off for the clan and its vassals, there'd still be enough crumbles left over to throw at the silly poor masses and consolidate our grip on the whole country, and with sisters, daughters, sons, cousins to follow up, establish our dynasty, no-one would be able to get us off the throne using democratical means, we would have bought the democracy, the democracy would be us...!

Really? And you think that the yellow shirts are saints, not trying to buy people? Fact is they have done the same, and like said before, at least the last elections have been declared valid. What you also not mention, is that corruption, started way before there was even question about Taksin and his party. Everything was controlled over decades, by the same aristocracy, holding the strings, and not carrying for the man in the street or on the rice field. I am 100% that both parties, like in many countries are BOTH use corruption. It is not ONLY that the yellows are not elected by bribing, but that opposition, is wanted by citizens, who never were able to get heard before.

All what Thailand, had from troubles, is not a party buying the elections, but the other, who could not bear, to give power away, they had for as long people remember. Paralyzing the country, by endless actions, by a leader who has been condemned for corruption himself, not seem so "democratic"

The Military, are just enforcing to give the Democratic party their lost power back, when all the actions they did, not helped. By condemning, the Red leaders over and over again, it is only a step more, to be assured that in the future, the democrats would not have a serious opponent. I would even have sympathy for the "yellow shirts", if they did everything in a legal way to win the elections, if people want them that is fine with me. I have no preference to one corrupt party to another. It does bother me, that a elected government is overthrow any time, at any cost, and that the country is in chaos, just because one party not manage to get elected.

Edited by indieke
  • Like 2

How dare they try to take the airport back from the criminal yellows shirts who held thousands of foreign tourists hostage including children and infants. These mongrel caused great pain and anguish to many people from around the world. I had an appointment in Melbourne that I couldn't make and lost a few thousand dollars because of the lowlife yellows. Many tourists were extremely grateful that they were freed and able to get home after the government acted. The government were the good guys and the heros in the eyes of tourists and the yellows were seen as evil thugs.

Ahh, but you are thinking and recalling rationally, whereas, the knee-jerk expat pretenders on here who fantasize themselves "hi-so wanabes" are only concerned with who's right...not with what's right.

• Like 1

Unlike other regimes, the current boss is a man of his word.

Reconciliation requires 2 sides to admit wrong and agree to work toward a compromise.

Unlike elections where any politician can tell any number of lies. This situation cannot afford lies.

Then everyone, yellow amd redshirts were told to pull there heads in.

Someone planted bombs last week. To cause dissent.

It seems a certain Dubai resident cannot keep his hands in his pocket, his eyes on his bank balance and his nose out of the trough.

I beleive the term is political fallout.

Edited by Manbing
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

like the ones who played a hand in the Murder of 90 Demonstrators in 2010 oh no they've been acquitted

1 tiny little difference - none of the yellow shirts demonstrations wa violent, none on the demonstrating people had weapons wereas the red demonstrations were always violent. You might not remember or might have not been in Thailand at the time, but when the reds were cleared off in 2010, many many buildings in BKK - mostly shopping malls and shops - were burned down to the ground, and few government places around Thailand as well.

You don't consider forcefully stopping the Feb elections as violent? There were photos in the news ar the time that sure looked like physical force was used. I consider that any legality, and legitimacy, this protest had disappeared that day in Feb. When do you think anyone will be held accountable for that day?

Jesus rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMq you are some piece of work Costas

It is clear its a witchhunt the public prosecutor DECLINED TO PROSECUTE so they are going to do it themselves as time continues there is less and less credability for this government that took over at the point of a gun under the guise they are indpendant of any color LOL its very clear who is back at the reigns by having to use the GUN because they could never get in by the VOTE.

yes they took over at the point of a gun..because chalem had all the guns firing at the protesters ..your memory selective again..at least try to be honest or dont bother posting biased remarks ok..

• Like 1

The "witch hunt" is in full swing

Yes it is finally the shins are getting their medicine. When this is all over they won't be able to form a party anymore as all the players have lifetime bans for their crimes.

When they were in power they tried the same.. now the tables are turned and the other party is far better at it.

Something to do with them having huge big guns.

This unelected military government sure has an unquenchable thirst for prosecuting every single Red Shirt they can get their hands on. When are they going to go after the Yellow Shirts who blocked and thoroughtly disrupted the airport for days until the Yellow Shirt backed court kicked the lawfully elected PM out.

Erm..they're not. The game is about eliminating all of Thaksin's options prior to an election, should one ever be held.

I think they are making a mistake. Their hope is to drive the Thaksins out of politics, hoping that will be enough to end the challenge to their God-given right to rule by ending any hopes the poor and down-trodden have of improving their lot in life.

The end result, in my opinion, is that the poor will learn that they don't need another 'leader' to lead their struggle and this will make things much harder for the elite.

• Like 2

Why doesn't the PM General just cut to chase and just jail everybody that has had any connection to Thaksin. He has that power instead of getting the NACC to do his dirty work. Then all the ponsing around and bullshit talk can stop from the government and while there at it the junta should just get the NACC to prosecute and ban anybody who has ever voted for Thaksin or any of his parties. That way there could be a close election when one is held in about 5 years. The whole thing is getting absolutely ridiculous at this stage..... reconciliation is off the menu by the looks of things!!!!!

• Like 2

Acquitted? The Criminal Court didn't even rule on the "premeditated murder" case. They said the OAG should look again and with info from the NACC maybe they would have a case for the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders. Blame the DSI with their boss Tarit for trying a quick and dirty way.

So with 2008 maybe cleared and less government pressure and no DSI pressure they just might continue with other cases which they couldn't handle.