Where should I look for this

Anthony5

The below item or something similar is what I'm looking for. This from a Senseo coffee machine, so I will not be able to find it anywhere in Thailand, but maybe a chance to find something that is usable.

To order it from Europe would cost me 13 Euro excluding shipping cost, so I think it's worth to look around.

The side that has the screw wire on it is 6mm thick. Any idea where I should have a chance to find something similar?

kniestuk.jpg

Thai Watsudu might have something.

Or a 3D printer could be your friend (but it wont make the rubber seal).

I have the rubber seal, and those you can buy anywhere if necessary.

Any idea where in the area a 3D printer is available and what they would charge for such an item?

On next sight, this item distributes hot water under pressure, you think something made with a 3D printer can withstand that?

If above don't work try Ebay, perhaps order 2.

Small special items can be very frustrating to get.

One time I need a new wrist watch strap and I was told 3 month waiting time (Casio Protrek).

Got one via ebay in Hong Kong and it was much cheaper too and then a side stall watch repair man fitted it for 20 baht.

Any idea where in the area a 3D printer is available and what they would charge for such an item?

On next sight, this item distributes hot water under pressure, you think something made with a 3D printer can withstand that?

I don't know where you would find one here but I would expect the printed item to stand up to that sort of pressure.

What is wrong with the original one?

I don't know where you would find one here but I would expect the printed item to stand up to that sort of pressure.

The end that screws into the pump is broken off. I think it is a know shortcoming as this is my second one, and there is a online shop in the Netherlands that has all those parts, because Phillips doesn't make it anymore.

I think 13 Euro + shipping is a bit steep.

The end that screws into the pump is broken off. I think it is a know shortcoming as this is my second one, and there is a online shop in the Netherlands that has all those parts, because Phillips doesn't make it anymore.

I think 13 Euro + shipping is a bit steep.

LOL

You might have to make it in brass. Nipple plus m&f elbow followed by a hose barb. Go to a plumbers and they might have the odds and ends to make it unless the thread is not standard.

Probably not a bad idea. Will have a look at the aircon parts shop on Pattaya Nua if they have the parts in copper or brass. Next I'll have to find someone who can braze it together.

Any suggestions who would be able to do that, without cutting off my leg?

Any suggestions who would be able to do that, without cutting off my leg?

Any aircon installer should be able to do it. In Europe I would try a decent plumber but here they only seem to use plastic fittings, presumably due to low pressure and no frost.

I would also be tempted to try using epoxy adhesive to repair the existing parts. If applied and cured correctly it can be stronger than the original material, even under pressure or underwater.

Seriously 13Euro? That's it. Only 481baht?

You probably wasted more time and effort on Thaivisa and wandering around trying to source one than 13Euro of your time is worth.

481B + shipping + possible import taxes.

I would happily spend a few hours looking for a more sensible and cheaper solution.

• Like 1

You probably wasted more time and effort on Thaivisa and wandering around trying to source one than 13Euro of your time is worth.

481 Baht + shipping,

The smallest DHL package Thailand - Netherland is 1400 Baht ( maybe more the other way around), that makes it almost 2000 Baht for an item 6 mm diameter and 3 cm long, which would cost less than 50 Baht if I can find it here.

A new complete Senseo coffee machine is below 5000 Baht smile.png

By the way the search is still on.

The smallest the aircon shops have is at least 10mm, so to big for my use.

Bon Cafe didn't have anything usable.

Have done several hardware shops of all kind with the picture, the pump and the broken item in hand. They look at it then ask for what it's used. When you say coffee machine their reply is immediately, we don't have part for coffee machine. When you explain that the same item may be used for 100 other purposes, they aren't even interested anymore. Makes it difficult to source if they are so stubborn .

Found some part in the water filter booth downstairs Big C extra which fits in the pump, so now to try if I can modify the other side that the water tube connects without leaking.

Paid 30 Baht for it, which is quite a bargain over 2000 Baht I would say.

Anyway, suggestions are still welcome.

Exactly my thoughts! Mucking about for 13 euros! crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Since you didn't even bother to read the OP or my reply, here is the offer, I give you 500 Baht and you get it for me. Deal?

Edited by Anthony5

These things are widely available on various pieces household items. Mine went on the water cooler,quite a while ago , they are susceptible to breaking by not being supported enough.

The mother of invention etc Boiling water fashioned the plastic tube,the collar I resurrected,works fine now,better than the original

These things are widely available on various pieces household items. Mine went on the water cooler,quite a while ago , they are susceptible to breaking by not being supported enough.

The mother of invention etc Boiling water fashioned the plastic tube,the collar I resurrected,works fine now,better than the original

Where did you find a replacement?

Repaired the piece myself,bit fiddly, using epoxy resin and sealant. Id try places that repair/scrap these sorts of appliances Numchai,,Father Rays Foundation etc(they repair and scrap all kinds of domestic appiances

Be surprised if Numchai could not get you one,or failing that if Panasonic have an office here in Patts ask there,was their machine I repaired,identical piece to yours

Repaired the piece myself,bit fiddly, using epoxy resin and sealant. Id try places that repair/scrap these sorts of appliances Numchai,,Father Rays Foundation etc(they repair and scrap all kinds of domestic appiances

Be surprised if Numchai could not get you one,or failing that if Panasonic have an office here in Patts ask there,was their machine I repaired,identical piece to yours

You have directions to the Panasonic office?

You have directions to the Panasonic office?

No idea. Bought the Panasonic water cooler at Sat morning auctions,should have known it was kaput,no way I was searching for that piece for what I paid for it,if it could not be repaired it was going back in the auction

Exactly what you are after that faulted,something else that comes close to what you are looking for internal filter for aquarium,the pump comes in two separate pieces the pump and the piping,threaded outer knuckle with sharp 90%bend,would be cheap,could try asking at aquarium shop may sell it separate,that would do the job.

Numchai in Banglamung,seems to be the place where repairs are carried out

Just seen your response 18 The outlet would connect to flexible plastic piping,it was this that held it too rigidly with micro plastic ties,did away with them,warmed the plastic tubing up ,making it more flexible and push fitted it

Edited by loppylugs1

http://www.edron.nl/start/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

Euro 4,50 excl. shipping

But I would try Yermanee's old Senseo first.

I found Edron before I started this thread, but since in their list of countries they ship to Thailand isn't listed, I emailed them. So far no reply.

Also the shipping calculator, which has Singapore in the list, doesn't work.

Yermanee's Senseo has been thrown away by his wife without his knowledge.

Went to Numchai today, and they didn't have a similar part, when I informed them that Panasonic might have a similar part they sent the picture to the Panasonic service department.

A few hours later I received a call from Numchai to inform that Panasonic doesn't make this part anymore.

Edron has after 4 days still not replied to my email, so I assume they don't have the part either.

As I have about 450 Senseo coffee pads left, I'm still trying to find the part, but I refuse to pay 2000 Baht for a part worth 20 Baht.