Competent plumber - San Kampeang

LivinLOS

After having 2 'have go' handymen (3 if you count the weak excuse for an electrician yesterday) who plainly had no sense or problem solving ability, visit over the last week.. I need a plumber.

One who can look at the system (and or my diagrams) and fault find by a process of elimination where theres water loss and why its happening. I strongly suspect a previous worker has flipped a switch or buggered the routing when installing a pump a month back.

Its not rocket science, I normally do this kind of diagnosis myself and then either fix or explicitly direct its repair.. But I have a broken leg and arm, just had surgery and plates put in, and simply cant move about in the confined spaces to get this done.

I REALLY need a plumber, out San Kampeang way, whose got just a teeny bit of logical mind. Its sort of urgent also..

Anyone got a phone number of anyone ?? No english no problem if he isnt scared to try with my poor Thai.. Yesterday electrician just looked at his shoes and ran away every time I attempted to discuss.

If its coming when it rains.. thats a roofer not a plumber..

The so called electrician yesterday.. if I wasnt stressed and in some pain, it would have just been laughable.. How they have the stones to call themselves tradesmen when they clearly dont have a clue.. Then add in he refused to 'try' to talk with my bad Thai, just looked at his shoes mumbled and ran away.. It was a full saga but wont just rant it.. I am sure we have all had them.

+1 to the list for needing a competent plumber. we have a leak but don't know where. with everything shut off, the meter is still spinning slowly. last month our bill was 800 Bath. never been more than 500 in 10 years. i'm getting sick of turning off the valve 2-3 times a day to try and save money. had 2 locals come by and look (and just scratch their heads....("mai loo".....)

Roofer, plumber, electrician, all the same here, they do not exist. No trade schools either hence nobody with a clue how to do jobs properly. You get blokes that "wing it" and sometimes pull it off, but not often.

I wish i could help but i wouldn't recommend anyone here.

• Like 1

Roofer, plumber, electrician, all the same here, they do not exist. No trade schools either hence nobody with a clue how to do jobs properly.

That is BS. Just because you do not have the ability to find good ones does in no way mean they do not exist. There are trade schools and competent tradesmen.

For the OP, ride around to nearby high quality houses under construction and find a plumber there, if none are on site, ask the foreman for contact information of the plumber for the house(s).

Sometimes you just have to wait and look for wet areas which show you where the leak.

Roofer, plumber, electrician, all the same here, they do not exist. No trade schools either hence nobody with a clue how to do jobs properly. You get blokes that "wing it" and sometimes pull it off, but not often.

I wish i could help but i wouldn't recommend anyone here.

I could tell you the remarks I got from 2 company engineers of SCG who came inspect a problem with my roof, but I think they suit better in the "jokes, puzzles,make my day" forum

Roofer, plumber, electrician, all the same here, they do not exist. No trade schools either hence nobody with a clue how to do jobs properly.

That is BS. Just because you do not have the ability to find good ones does in no way mean they do not exist. There are trade schools and competent tradesmen.

For the OP, ride around to nearby high quality houses under construction and find a plumber there, if none are on site, ask the foreman for contact information of the plumber for the house(s).

Maybe you missed the part where I have a compounded broken leg and arm, both just plated from surgery.. So no "riding around interviewing people" isnt high on my list of options..

As to there being competent people.. yes there has to be.. Somewhere.. But they are far far far outweighed by people with only a basic poor understanding, and or a lack of ability to actually design and implement a decent fault tolerant system, with appropriate cut offs and fall backs. My current houses electrical circuits, and my houses insane water system, appear to have been designed and implemented based on a toddlers scribble. The total lack of logic to it, or sensible additions of valves to cut off when problems happen, is just baffling. If it was my house I would have them tear it out and start a new design from scratch.

Case in point, my pool guy was here for a related problem to the house water.. And I asked him to have a check as a favor as I cant get into the location.. It appears the 'quality tradesman' who came last week and has been back since then, has opened the outflow / backwash valve on the house filter. We are now filling the house tanks again to see if thats the only valve hes mucked with and that water loss stops with full tanks. Basically my entire emergency has been caused by one of these wonderful professionals.

Sorry, I thought you might be able to get into a car or truck with a driver and go.

Yes it is just terrible how other people's incompetence makes life hell for us here.

But it is nice to have so many people to blame for the shit we find ourselves in.

Good luck.

Now our Company is in Bangkok. So i Think that go to Chiang Mai is out of question.

But one tip is to give some Thai to serch for Thai plumber in google in Thai Language in your area.

If someone have need of a plumber in Bangkok the person can call us at 021054545 www.prapaexpert.com

My background is 35 years of work as a plumber manager. I have one Company in Stockholm Sweden. And one Company PrapaExpert in Bangkok.

I try to introduse some thing that Thailand not have or have Little of. As an example we have a full working Hydro Jet car that can deliver 3600psi and 25 litre per minute from 300 litre tank in the car.

From this month we will start to give service with a sewer/drain camera that have a sond so we can pinpoint exactly were the broken pipe is. To minimise open of floor and save cost for customer.

If you have a plumber question that is possible to answer without to se the object? Then maybe i can help you here on Thaivisa?

Janne

i've already tried that in my area (Sansai) and they all said that they work for the contractor full time and that they can't take outside jobs..must speak with the boss and go through him/her. i've also been by nearby [not so] high quality houses under construction and looked and decided i can do better plumbing work (but don't know how to solve a leak). in the usa i would go under my house or in my basement where all the copper pipes were clearly exposed and solve the problem. here, the pipes go into concrete!

But it is nice to have so many people to blame for the shit we find ourselves in.

Would far rather have no one to blame.. Just someone to pay..

Anyway...

i feel your pain OP. trying to recover from surgery and just want to get the problem solved. it's not easy finding someone to do good plumbing work, believe me.

As I posted the pool guy went and had a look.. and it was as simple as the idiot who came here (twice !!) was flipping valves without a clue and had turned a outflow backwash valve on the house water filter on.. Flushing the house system non stop into the drains.

And yet when called back to the house with an emergency of water flow, somehow was unable to even remember or process the valves he had messed with..

There may still be a small leak, thats being tested over a few days, but the drama of cubes and cubes of water flowing was solved.

Emergency over.. everything else can wait until I can limp about..

Everyone else is "incompetent" but who has two broken bones? Did you fall out of a tree while raking leaves?

I believe an unlicensed, uninsured teenager in a car did an illegal U-Turn without signalling or warning and hit his bike head on.

i've already tried that in my area (Sansai) and they all said that they work for the contractor full time and that they can't take outside jobs..must speak with the boss and go through him/her. i've also been by nearby [not so] high quality houses under construction and looked and decided i can do better plumbing work (but don't know how to solve a leak). in the usa i would go under my house or in my basement where all the copper pipes were clearly exposed and solve the problem. here, the pipes go into concrete!

If you don't first succeed try try again.

Everyone else is "incompetent" but who has two broken bones? Did you fall out of a tree while raking leaves?

I believe an unlicensed, uninsured teenager in a car did an illegal U-Turn without signalling or warning and hit his bike head on.

Once again on the incompetent sadly.. Unlicensed student in a totally illegal car whose parents let her drive that way said "sorry I not look na" after turning into the fast lane of a dual carriageway..

I will say this.. The surgeons and nursing staff at RAM have not only been competent, but achieved a level of service much above expectation. Now theres a bunch who absolutely didnt let me down and deserve high praise.

I was sent this yesterday but have not tested them as my pool guy managed it..

053-234481

Just passing it on.. Sansai based apparently.

Once again on the incompetent sadly.. Unlicensed student in a totally illegal car whose parents let her drive that way said "sorry I not look na" after turning into the fast lane of a dual carriageway..

I will say this.. The surgeons and nursing staff at RAM have not only been competent, but achieved a level of service much above expectation. Now theres a bunch who absolutely didnt let me down and deserve high praise.

Did little Chinarat's parent's pick up the bill? I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Did little Chinarat's parent's pick up the bill? I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Yeah right.. Destroyed motorbike.. Destroyed platinum rolex.. Multiple surgeries now with more to come..

They offered 10k..