19-year old Aussie lied to Phuket police

webfact

19-year old Aussie lied to Phuket police
Darawan Naknakhon

1423469116_1-org.jpg
After thinking he could scam his insurance company, Alex now faces police charges.

PHUKET: -- A19-year-old Australian man is in hot water after filing a false police report about a robbery that he said occurred whilst he was walking down the beach in Karon.

At 23.10pm yesterday (February 9), the man, AIex Gorgees, 19, went to Karon police station and filed a report stating that whilst he was walking down Karon Beach, three men approached him, threatened him with a knife and then robbed him of several items which he said were worth a total of B389,500.

After Alex filed the report five units of investigators went out to check all CCTVs in the area and questioned witnesses. Unhappy with what they found the police asked Alex further questions.

After interogating Alex further, he told police that he had lied about the robbery taking place and had filed a false complaint to get money from his insurance company.

Alex now faces being charged with filing a false report

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/19-year-old-aussie-lied-to-phuket-police-50946.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-09

• Like 1

Wow, wish Bangkok RTP and Tourist Police had been this thorough when I was robbed of all items AND there was CCTV footage that captured it ALL. Basically dragged them kicking and screaming to the establishment where it happened to view footage etc . Strange how they always seem to be on the case when nothing has actually happened.

good job boys, good job...

• Like 2

" ...robbed him of several items which he said were worth a total of B389,500. "

Wonder what (if any) insurance company would have sold some 19 year old travelling to Thailand a policy that would have coughed up over AUS $ 15,000 for theft of personal items .. and what exactly he claimed was stolen.

Just wondering if this fool knows much trouble has created for himself which could last a life time. After being processed out of Thailand he faces repercussions at home and then probably never again being able to get insurance coverage for anything.

No insurance =

No mortgage to buy a home.

No motor vehicle coverage

etc.

Some sort of new Australian for my money.

A real Aussie would have pulled it off.

Before you start in on me about robbing from people who pay their insurance premiums let me make it very clear that I have no problem with stealing from thieving cheating insurance companies who are owned by thieving cheating banks that are owned by............................

You don't mess around with the Thai police, personally I give them a wide berth unless I want to hand over cash for some bull they come up with-it had a chance to visit the Bangkok Hilton to visit an inmate, pretty scary place...

What sort of <deleted> needs to wear a hoodie in Phuket. Probably related to the clowns at the Melbourne Thai Consuls office in front of me discussing taking drugs on Koh Samui and then handed over 3 passports, none of which were Australian, and said to the confused staff. "We wants visas to country Koh Samui in Thailand for 2 weeks". The Consul himself intervened and said "Come back tommorrow and took their passports".

Unfortunately he will probably travel without insurance next time and cost his family a bomb when he stuffs in Bali or some other bogan destination and his Mum will be on TV saying its the Governments fault and they should pay. His passport should be cancelled.