Tourism is really Booming in Hua Hin

gamini

I have never seen so many tourists anywhere in Thailand as now in Hua Hin and surrounding areas. The restaurants full.. Good hotels fully booked since October. Property and Hotel construction is booming, traffic jams. and I think a huge number of older expats have moved here. I guess a lot of them have relocated here from Pattaya and Phuket s.. It does seem that the Major resorts like pattaya, Phuket andd Samiu are losing out because thier bad reputation for crime and the increasing number of sex oriented undesirables, sex and rif -raf that have taken over these destinations.

I'm not sure about it 'booming' but it is perhaps a little a busier at the moment than earlier in the year.

Hua Hin has been pretty much dead all year, it picked up little over Christmas/New Year but then went quiet again.

However, I was out at the open air eating place on Soi 88 the other night and it was absolutely packed, the busiest I've ever seen it with lots of foreign couples and families, who I'd guess were tourists.

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 1

i was In Hua Hin in December it was dead, Over priced goods over priced beer, and most of restaurants where empty and most of the bars to, Maybe i went at the wrong time of day/Night. Maybe it got busier when i left.

Get back to Pattaya with us mate.

Plenty of cheap beer, yah!

Gamini is correct. I have never seen Hua Hin like this. For the last 6-8 weeks I'd say. Getting a seat on a sawngthaew in the morning to language school is impossible, sometimes that full I have to wait for the next baht bus, that never happened before. The beach is packed with tourists, mostly Russians. As a result HH is gradually getting more expensive, not to Phuket levels though.

It was a lot of this and that. Really amazing... Adult people posting here, cant see what is really going on, Either you are blind completely, or you just lie in order to get it right.

For God sake go outside in Hia Hin and look.....look......look!!!! Is Hua Hin crowded or is it empty... how hard can it be to see.....????

Glegolo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I thought "Torism" was a misspelling of "Toryism"... quite a relief to read on and find out it was "tourism".

Tourists are like a plague of locusts, they strip one place of everything then move on to another.

I visited that place once. hua hin. I was their one day and left it was so bad. but I can see they are catering to retired people........lots ofold folks thier with money.......from what I can tell of the thais their, many of the thais have come down from bkk to exit the rat race their..........I never went to the beach at hua hin. maybe its nice but the city itself leaves something to be desired. I wouldn't go their but if u are a tourist I recommend it, too many farang where im at.

I have just spent the last month in Hua Hin, quietest I've seen it since 2005, I rent a motorbike so get around quite a bit, the roads are no where near as busy, you can walk round Grand Market with ease, plenty of places on the beach, Market Village has been busy at the front with the Chang promotion and food stalls at night, but that's it.

This is my opinion, maybe I'm missing some thing.

In Siem Reap, Cambodia at the mo, quite busy here with tourists, back to H/ H in 2 weeks so will see if any thing has changed.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I thought "Torism" was a misspelling of "Toryism"... quite a relief to read on and find out it was "tourism".

Tourists are like a plague of locusts, they strip one place of everything then move on to another.

lots of medical services popping up their. they are catering to old people from Europe. fine with me.

If you think Hua Hin doesn't have a "seedy go go whorebar" scene you're walking around with your eyes closed!

I live in Hua Hin and if there is a go go bar I have yet to find it. Guess I better try opening my eyes !

Hua Hin was busy for about 3 weeks around Christmas - New Year; but before and after then the tourist numbers, both domestic and international, have been way down on recent years.

Some small businesses which depend on tourism have, or are, closing down.

Short-term rental market also has a glut of properties; as does the housing market.

Many of us residents of Hua Hin, both Thai and farang, do not look foward to the high tourist season, nor do we want Hua Hin to become another Pattaya/Phuket.

If you think Hua Hin doesn't have a "seedy go go whorebar" scene you're walking around with your eyes closed!

I live in Hua Hin and if there is a go go bar I have yet to find it. Guess I better try opening my eyes !

I guess it is technically a 'seedy whorebar scene' not a 'seedy gogo whorebar scene'. There may not be any gogo bars but there is a large red light area with beer bars, a freelancer disco, and plenty of hookers.

It may not be on the scale of Pattaya or Phuket but it is there.

• Like 1

Hua Hin has soi after soi of 'seedy whore bars', not to mention every supposed legit massage place trying to get you upstairs or in the back or the 'entertainment' complexs yeah the ones with the girls pictures outside on full display.

There is so much delusion on this thread, but I suspect it's a troll attempt, but I will play.

HH nightlife has been dead for 4/5 years. It's painful to experience. There are more seedy whore bars than customers.

If you think there is little crime, what about all the druggings and pick pockets in the karaoke area and the hotel disco ?

If Russians are the new tourists there that are crowding the beach then you will be very disappointed soon.

The restaurants in the town are terrible, tourist prices and tourist standard. Bangkok standard seafood.

It's busy on Saturday nights with Bangkok people who will fall in numbers as the recession takes hold.

Backpackers barely bother with the place and most the local expats are broke desperately trying to pretend they are the crème de la crème. Even had a few tell me that it is the richest place in Thailand. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Hilarious when you ask what exactly has it got rich on. A tiny dying tourist industry ?

Oh and the bar girls/many of the wives are the grandmothers of the Bangkok girls. cheesy.gif As one ex Hua Hin ex pat friend said 'It's where bargirls go to die'.

A family stay for a weekend in the likes of the Dusit is very nice, but the rest of the town gets boring pretty quickly.

Edited by arthurwait
  • Like 2

Would it have anything to do with the upcoming golf tournament? Certainly people who I have businesses and hotels certainly haven't used the term booming this year.

You are probably right, it is the Inaugural Thailand Classic, Back on the European tour after 8 years, at the Black Mountain course from 12th to 15th Feb

i was In Hua Hin in December it was dead, Over priced goods over priced beer, and most of restaurants where empty and most of the bars to, Maybe i went at the wrong time of day/Night. Maybe it got busier when i left.

On Samui, December was down too. Usually everything is full, but not this year. However, now it is packed. Most of the scooter rental places are sold out, many hotels are fully booked, etc. Strange. Unexpected. What is going on? Also a real construction boom going on in Samui. They cannot seem to build enough crap. Prices going up too. Not sure where all this is leading. I suspect a Legian Beach type atmosphere within 5-10 years, as there is no planning whatsoever, by the big, smart men in charge.

Forgive my dreadful mistake...... There are definitely no places in hua hin to pick up a hooker. Really must

change my lenses

• Like 2

A pretty good friend of mine works at a Guesthouse/bar/ restaurant in Hua Hin.

I recently asked her if she has noticed the big decline in tourism I have read about in Pattaya, Phuket and the like.

She said "No, things are fine here"

She also added that most of their customers in Hua Hin were couples.

Maybe that makes a difference?

BTW, I'm thinking of a visit soon.

I've checked out the prices and they seem very reasonable to me.

Forgive my dreadful mistake...... There are definitely no places in hua hin to pick up a hooker. Really must

change my lenses

I am not in the market as I go there with family but even then I cannot notice all the bars looking seedy like heck.

I like Hua Hin, but then my weekend visits are mostly spent in a hotel.

Thankfully I think Hua Hin will always be more of a Thai weekend town than a fully fledged tourist town like Pattaya or Phuket and thats a good thing. North of Hua Hin towards Cha Am there are up to 10k units being built and south along 112 there is a massive Thai luxury housing development. I agree prices here are on the rise but Phuket and Samui will always be more expensive. Pattaya is a cheap sex destination so will always attract that crowd. Yes, Hua Hin does have a growing expat population with a lot moving from other places for the quieter and safer life. I have noticed at night restaurants are very full but during the day it seems less busy. Guess they are on the beach or on tours somewhere.