Tourism is really Booming in Hua Hin

gamini

Do you have a business or a property to sell in Hua Hin????? No one advertise something for no reason. Pattaya is the place with most tourist, what I noticed last night that many 3 bars in the same place has closed down due to lack of customers and I think soon after many more will follow. I also heard it is the same i Pattong. And if all old expats are moving out of Pattaya and going to Hua Hin because it is quite and peaceful well that is not a place for most of us.

i was In Hua Hin in December it was dead, Over priced goods over priced beer, and most of restaurants where empty and most of the bars to, Maybe i went at the wrong time of day/Night. Maybe it got busier when i left.

You should have been wearing Rose Colored Glasses.

If you think Hua Hin doesn't have a "seedy go go whorebar" scene you're walking around with your eyes closed!

I live in Hua Hin and if there is a go go bar I have yet to find it. Guess I better try opening my eyes !

Perhaps the point he was trying to make was the difference between a "seedy go go whorebar" scene and a seedy whorebar scene, without the go-go.

Can't see much difference myself, except the obvious.

Huahin's tourism thats now local and foreign was at a high 2 years ago. At present there are more foreign tourist than a few months ago, but in total not at the same highs as before (the Thai's are missing). Two years ago we did not leave the house over weekends because of the traffic jams now its okay. What I have noticed is that there are less Russians than before, also I don't see the Chinese TAT is crowing about. As for the night life, well some people will die thinking they are teenagers and also drink and act like ones. The rest of us just want a quiet life, nothing special, not better than others, just the life we chosed.

If you think Hua Hin doesn't have a "seedy go go whorebar" scene you're walking around with your eyes closed!

I live in Hua Hin and if there is a go go bar I have yet to find it. Guess I better try opening my eyes !

Forgive my dreadful mistake...... There are definitely no places in hua hin to pick up a hooker. Really must

change my lenses

I am not in the market as I go there with family but even then I cannot notice all the bars looking seedy like heck.

I like Hua Hin, but then my weekend visits are mostly spent in a hotel.

Hua Hin is certainly nice for a family in a good hotel, preferably along the coast from the main beach, the town is pleasant , but the reality is it is one of the cheapest sex tourist and sex-pat places in the country. The girls and bars are cheaper than Pattaya. There's soi after soi of it and in different areas. I don't live in either and have visited both many times and like them and like a night out there (although HH bars are too empty), but it's the continual denial of what it really is and pretence that HH is some up market expensive place by many of the ex-pats that live there is a joke.

The reality.

Gamini is correct. I have never seen Hua Hin like this. For the last 6-8 weeks I'd say. Getting a seat on a sawngthaew in the morning to language school is impossible, sometimes that full I have to wait for the next baht bus, that never happened before. The beach is packed with tourists, mostly Russians. As a result HH is gradually getting more expensive, not to Phuket levels though.

yes chap, you are right !

Russions told me that their preferred restaurants ( 7-11 )

have in all Thailand the same prices !! 55555

therefore baht bus waiting in front of this restaurants !!

fully packed !!

i was In Hua Hin in December it was dead, Over priced goods over priced beer, and most of restaurants where empty and most of the bars to, Maybe i went at the wrong time of day/Night. Maybe it got busier when i left.

december is month of ripping off the tourists by Airlines and hotels,

Tourists naticed it and dont go in this time,

Retired people try to escape the cold months in North !!

This is Januar februar in north Europe,

therefore more busy this time,

but not the real family holiday tourists !!

because their kids have to be in school !!

On Samui, December was down too. Usually everything is full, but not this year. However, now it is packed. Most of the scooter rental places are sold out, many hotels are fully booked, etc. Strange. Unexpected. What is going on? Also a real construction boom going on in Samui. They cannot seem to build enough crap. Prices going up too. Not sure where all this is leading. I suspect a Legian Beach type atmosphere within 5-10 years, as there is no planning whatsoever, by the big, smart men in charge.

Huahin's tourism thats now local and foreign was at a high 2 years ago. At present there are more foreign tourist than a few months ago, but in total not at the same highs as before (the Thai's are missing). Two years ago we did not leave the house over weekends because of the traffic jams now its okay. What I have noticed is that there are less Russians than before, also I don't see the Chinese TAT is crowing about. As for the night life, well some people will die thinking they are teenagers and also drink and act like ones. The rest of us just want a quiet life, nothing special, not better than others, just the life we chosed.

for me HH is not quiet,

traffic jam like Bangkok, as only 1 main street,

It's a boring city with some crowd, initiated by Thais;

It does seem that the Major resorts like pattaya, Phuket andd Samiu are losing out because thier bad reputation for crime and the increasing number of sex oriented undesirables, sex and rif -raf that have taken over these destinations.

Yes all the "sex oriented undesirables" and "sex and rif-raf [sic]" are moving on to Hua Hin. Pretty soon we'll be down to just the sex-oriented desirables and asexuals. Then all the Holy Rollers in Hua Hin can shift back to Pattaya. Good for the moving/removal business at least, but "sex oriented undesirables" are good for real estate prices. Zero sum game I guess.

Gamini is correct. I have never seen Hua Hin like this. For the last 6-8 weeks I'd say. Getting a seat on a sawngthaew in the morning to language school is impossible, sometimes that full I have to wait for the next baht bus, that never happened before. The beach is packed with tourists, mostly Russians. As a result HH is gradually getting more expensive, not to Phuket levels though.

yes chap, you are right !

Russions told me that their preferred restaurants ( 7-11 )

have in all Thailand the same prices !! 55555

therefore baht bus waiting in front of this restaurants !!

fully packed !!

oh dear - we were there 2 months ago....

SO many obese mature farangs in g-strings or similar. We had to take photos, and hard to control our laughter.

Beached whales and walruses every few feet on HH beach. Must be costing their national govt's a fortune in health-care.

• Like 1

I will be perfectly honest here. As a tourist I always avoided Pattaya because of the reputation. Only when I moved to Bangkok permanently my gf convinced me to go there. I can tell you that now I will always go to Pattaya over hua hin. Better food, better transport, 30% cheaper and the beach is just as ugly. There is also a lot more prostitution in hua hin it is just less obvious. Pattaya really gets a bad rap for nothing. I was never sure why phuket seemed so highly regarded. Its a dangerous dump.

• Like 1

Hua Hin is certainly nice for a family in a good hotel, preferably along the coast from the main beach, the town is pleasant , but the reality is it is one of the cheapest sex tourist and sex-pat places in the country. The girls and bars are cheaper than Pattaya. There's soi after soi of it and in different areas. I don't live in either and have visited both many times and like them and like a night out there (although HH bars are too empty), but it's the continual denial of what it really is and pretence that HH is some up market expensive place by many of the ex-pats that live there is a joke.

The reality.

Looks like the red light district is a hell of a lot bigger than chiang mai's is these days.

Looks like the red light district is a hell of a lot bigger than chiang mai's is these days.

Probably is.. But the same amount of quality is spread out over the area..

Chiang mais scene has left the visible bars and is very much more digital and villas.. Read Thai, go on cmxseed and foxy villa.. Then say theres no lookers around any more.. Hua hin doesnt have nearly the same spa scene..

Get back to Pattaya with us mate.

Plenty of cheap beer, yah!

I don't drink, I don't like Pattaya, Its gone down , to may fat old men trying to relive there youth, The people seem to be angry, over priced and basically its <deleted> hole.

• Like 1

Totally agree !

Hua hin food and hotels prices suxx

When i stopped to listen to all the retarded high so Thai i know i went to pattaya and really felt stupid to avoid the place before.

I do not do bargirls and my gf salary is 100k+ but she agree that pattaya is so much more fun !

I will be perfectly honest here. As a tourist I always avoided Pattaya because of the reputation. Only when I moved to Bangkok permanently my gf convinced me to go there. I can tell you that now I will always go to Pattaya over hua hin. Better food, better transport, 30% cheaper and the beach is just as ugly. There is also a lot more prostitution in hua hin it is just less obvious. Pattaya really gets a bad rap for nothing. I was never sure why phuket seemed so highly regarded. Its a dangerous dump.

The moron drunks have spread to about everywhere and its only going to get worse. Thailand loves its foreign alcoholics and sex tourists.

Maybe you're in a special part of HH?
Where have you seen this? What area?
Are you sure you really know what busy is?
I drive around town and see restaurants as empty as they've always been and if the hotels are all full everybody must be staying in their room!

Have a look online for the amount of rooms available here...

It's not gonna be long before HH really kicks off and let's pray it won't be following the other places [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Yeah well, people will pave paradise and put up a parking lot... Or a-go-go bar...

One of my Top Ten Hua Hin loves... No seedy gogo whorebars... [emoji106]
It ain't never gonna happen wink.png

There's certain things you can and just can't do on the King's doorstep.

The sex industry attracts morons & thugs... Their moronic stupidity gets them so drunk they end up fighting and trashing the place, the more morons hear about it, more will come, until you en up with Phuket, Samui, Pattaya & Bangkok's areas...

Over the years these morons replace the much needed family tourists who have moved on...

I think Hua Hin is pretty safe from all that [emoji106]

Forgive my dreadful mistake...... There are definitely no places in hua hin to pick up a hooker. Really must

change my lenses

That isnt what was stated tho was it ??

Hua hin has no gogo bars.. They even managed to push the Lollies blowjob bar out of business..

Let's split hairs then. Gogo or not gogo....there are still bars with hookers

Get back to Pattaya with us mate.

Plenty of cheap beer, yah!

I don't drink, I don't like Pattaya, Its gone down , to may fat old men trying to relive there youth, The people seem to be angry, over priced and basically its <deleted> hole.

You seemed concerned by overpriced beer and empty bars in the post I responded to.

Hard to determine what you pursue.