mailing to thailand

whoppe78

Id be interested to hear how to "fudge" it too, wife had to pay approx 80% on the value of an item ordered on aliexpress from china 2 days back, delivery was by UPS I think, still happy with the order since product wasnt available in thailand.

years back I ordered a kindle from ebay usa to thailand, I seem to remember the seller labelled the item as a gift, didnt get taxed on that but possibly down to the value of the product at the time

Id be interested to hear how to "fudge" it too, wife had to pay approx 80% on the value of an item ordered on aliexpress from china 2 days back, delivery was by UPS I think, still happy with the order since product wasnt available in thailand.

years back I ordered a kindle from ebay usa to thailand, I seem to remember the seller labelled the item as a gift, didnt get taxed on that but possibly down to the value of the product at the time

Put the value less than 50 US or as a gift or both

• Like 1

Expect that your gf may end up down at Customs to pick up your parcel once in awhile where she'll need to pay an import duty, depending on how you fill out your contents form.

And how do you propose the content's form be "fudged?"

My son started marking used books & documents on the form. Obviously that doesn't work for a small or rattling package.

Not in compliance with the form's intent but certainly not something to shake your moral fiber too badly. I say this because my son shipped me medicine from a US pharmacy. One parcel marked as medicine was taken by Customs and I was told I could not import medicine into Thailand, except as luggage entering with me at Swampy. After that, packages were 'books & docs'. (That was long ago. Now buy my medicine at Thai hospital - too much hassle as well as risk at being seized with the "illegal" shipping.)

Edited by bill1369