Disney World will come to Thailand, Siam Park City CEO predicts

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. So Thailand is entitled to this, just sit back and wait for it. Nevermind the fact tgat Disney would have problems just trying to find enough talent to dress up in the character suits.

After I finished laughing and got back up off the floor, I actually could see this happening at some point.

As for the characters, they're here already: Yingluck as Minnie Mouse (or the Wicked Witch of the East, depending on your political allegiances), Chalerm as Goofy, you can guess the rest ...

I guess Abhisit is a shoe-in for Prince Charming ? rolleyes.gif

I see. So Thailand is entitled to this, just sit back and wait for it. Nevermind the fact tgat Disney would have problems just trying to find enough talent to dress up in the character suits.

After I finished laughing and got back up off the floor, I actually could see this happening at some point.

As for the characters, they're here already: Yingluck as Minnie Mouse (or the Wicked Witch of the East, depending on your political allegiances), Chalerm as Goofy, you can guess the rest ...

I guess Abhisit is a shoe-in for Prince Charming ? rolleyes.gif

I'd actually got him penciled in as Tinker Bell ... with Suthep as Geppetto ...

Disney World coming to Thailand soon? Maybe in 30 years, maybe never.

There are now four countries with Disney Worlds (with respective 2012 monthly wages adjusted to purchasing power "parity" by OECD):

USA $3,263

Japan $2,522

France $2,886

Hong Kong $1,545

Compare to Thailand @ $489

However, Shanghai ($656) may get a Disney World - who can pass up potentially 3 billion annual vacationers? With 3 Disney Worlds in Asia, Thailand wouldn't stand a chance to host another. It would do better to update and expand Dreamland outside of Bangkok.

I think they should build a big wall around Isaan as big as the one in the west bank in Palestine. Then have one entrance with a big sign over it saying "Medevial World".

You are transported around on a rottovator tractor from town to town, eqch family gets their own translator. The medevial world theme park is ideal for the family or backers alike. With pay one time admission everything is free, food, acommodation and transport. The handy crafts are for sale though. Activities include hiking, farming fun, cock fighting, buffalo keeping, chicken shooting, country music, silk weaving, basket making, cooking classes.

Book your ticket now and recieve a free bottle of loa cow.

I think they should build a big wall around Isaan as big as the one in the west bank in Palestine. Then have one entrance with a big sign over it saying "Medevial World".

You are transported around on a rottovator tractor from town to town, eqch family gets their own translator. The medevial world theme park is ideal for the family or backers alike. With pay one time admission everything is free, food, acommodation and transport. The handy crafts are for sale though. Activities include hiking, farming fun, cock fighting, buffalo keeping, chicken shooting, country music, silk weaving, basket making, cooking classes.

You are going to get a shellacking from the Village People, those westerners who have taken up residence with their good ladies in that Northeast Paradise.

You are going to get a shellacking from the Village People, those westerners who have taken up residence with their good ladies in that Northeast Paradise.

I live in Isaan and many of us agree with you.

With one exception.

No entrance from the south.

We don't want fat, dirty old sexpats that come here thinking they understand the real Thailand and expect our women to all be bar girl wanabees and strut around thinking they are something special.

You only get the desperate ones down there who have no choice but to put up with your disgusting filth in order to support their parents and children. ( pretty sad when you actually think about what you are doing huh?)

but you are special, a special problem.

Stay away!

You only make real expats in real Thailand ashamed of the losers from their home countries.

But hey!

It is nice to agree with you on something!

"Western World" A theme park designed to mimic any western destinations culture, traditions and ways of life. Where you can shout, wear shoes inside the houses, tell people your problems, argue with your neighbours, fight outside the pub, embaress your friends, talk openly about politics, etc, etc.

I think the Thais would love this type of theme park. Let all that tension out properly.

• 3 months later...

OK kids here is Tomorrow Land, (from 55 years ago in the USA) here is Pirates of the ANDAMAN Sea and over here is Human Trafficking World. Sorry kids, no food or water in this part of the park. Just get in this little boat and sit here in the sun. OK?

Edited by NCC1701A

I agree that Thailand doesn't have many serious attractions. How many temples does one need to visit during a holiday?

Disneyland can teach all Thai how to build proper parks 2015 standards, same as IKEA tought them how to build decent shops.

But i bet Thailand even doesn't have enough english speaking personell to employ there.