Dr Visanu says NCPO has the power to disallow Ms Yingluck to leave the country

webfact

Dr Visanu says NCPO has the power to disallow Ms Yingluck to leave the country

2-9-2015-10-46-52-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order has the power under the martial law to forbid former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to leave the country, Deputy Prime Minister VisanuKrua-ngarm said Monday.

He added that there are many other people besides Ms Yingluck who were banned from going abroad by the NCPO.

Mr Visanu however admitted that he had no idea about the reason why the NCPO didn’t allow Ms Yingluck to go abroad.

He further explained that there was no need for the ex-premier to appear before the court when the Office of Attorney-General is due to formally indict her.

However, she will have to show up before the court at the first hearing of the case against her.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dr-visanu-says-ncpo-power-disallow-msyingluck-leave-country

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-10

Wouldn't it be lovely to see the power structure of the army systematically dismantled by a civilian government in the future?

I don't particularly like Yingluck and I believe nonsense like this is leading to her poor governance being whitewashed but I am still disgusted by the increasing thirst for power that's being demonstrated by the army. The have NO right to be running the country right now and that simple fact seems to be lost on the majority of uneducated Thais.

Its not a fact lost on rhe Thais, educated or not. At the moment rhey acquiesce, they remember rhe message sent by the army in 2010.

Don't confuse acquiesce with supporting.

I agree on dismantling the Army's power structure. It's the only way that Thailand can progress politically. They will fight to keep power. The question is, in the long term, who would win?

Edited by JAG

According to the BP website Surapong said she only wants to go to Hong Kong for a couple of days, eat congee and then come back.

Go to HK only to have congee cheesy.gif of course such food isn't available here forcing the poor dear into international travel to satisfy a craving.

Apart from being the lamest of lame excuses he actually expects it to be believed.

You couldn't make this rubbish up.cheesy.gif

It's about on a par for Surapong's usual comments.

And he thinks people believe him. Must be his sincere expression.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Its not a fact lost on rhe Thais, educated or not. At the moment rhey acquiesce, they remember rhe message sent by the army in 2010.

I agree on dismantling the Army's power structure. It's the only way that Thailand can progress politically. They will fight to keep power. The question is, in the long term, who would win?

"I agree on dismantling the Army's power structure. It's the only way that Thailand can progress politically"

Ever though that total respect for the law, political leaders being role models for respect for the law and for good morals and political parties / leaders having capability and the public respect their capabilities and impressive track record for policies and implementation which brings a large % of all Thais into a better quality of life through their own productivity their might be the answer?

• Like 1

According to the BP website Surapong said she only wants to go to Hong Kong for a couple of days, eat congee and then come back.

Go to HK only to have congee cheesy.gif of course such food isn't available here forcing the poor dear into international travel to satisfy a craving.

Apart from being the lamest of lame excuses he actually expects it to be believed.

Hong Kong congee is being sold in a Hong Kong Restaurant in K village, Sukhumvit Soi 26. No need to fly to Hong Kong for it.

Now, the opening ceremony of the Olympics is a different matter.

• Like 1

"Mr Visanu however admitted that he had no idea about the reason why the NCPO didnt allow Ms Yingluck to go abroad".

....................and he's the Deputy Prime Minister ???????

Not ignorant. Just forgetful on how someone ended in Dubai.

Both/all sides of this are fighting to keep power. Until such time as we have some leaders/politicians here who are NOT self-serving and who do things for the good of the people as a whole rather than for themselves or their minions, this place isn't going to progress anywhere. In fact, it's going further backwards year by year since I came here.

• Like 1

Both/all sides of this are fighting to keep power. Until such time as we have some leaders/politicians here who are NOT self-serving and who do things for the good of the people as a whole rather than for themselves or their minions, this place isn't going to progress anywhere. In fact, it's going further backwards year by year since I came here.

clap2.gif Says it all.

Wouldn't it be lovely to see the power structure of the army systematically dismantled by a civilian government in the future?

I don't particularly like Yingluck and I believe nonsense like this is leading to her poor governance being whitewashed but I am still disgusted by the increasing thirst for power that's being demonstrated by the army. The have NO right to be running the country right now and that simple fact seems to be lost on the majority of uneducated Thais.

The have NO right to be running the country right now

Unfortunately there is nobody else who who showed the good morale to run the countrie and the ability to get enough votes by fair means.

So I think in the moment their is no better option

"Mr Visanu however admitted that he had no idea about the reason why the NCPO didn’t allow Ms Yingluck to go abroad".

Of course he you and everyone knows why - he just isn't allowed to say it.

An illegally installed govt by coup has the power to do anything they like as they are responsible to nobody, certainly not the law

Martial Law and Interim Constitution.

Of course if you think they should just do ... ...

• Like 1

They can also rule that black is white, Truth is lies and hate is love. That is the nature of military juntas....

and elected governments can push through blanket amnesties covering their own _ss as well. That's democracy, or at least the Thai version.

Anyway, I'm still puzzled regarding the 'present during first hearing' bit. Why did Suthep really, really have to come and hear / acknowledge charges because the court 'needed' to plan hearings. Does the Supreme Court work different from the Criminal Court in this ?

Maybe the poor farmers might just have an opinion about someone getting on a plane to go have lunch in HK all for the tidy sum of about 500k baht and the fact that surapon finds this perfectly fine might give some insight into how these scroungers and thieves spend the money they take from the poor

• Like 2

"Mr Visanu however admitted that he had no idea about the reason why the NCPO didn’t allow Ms Yingluck to go abroad".

Of course he you and everyone knows why - he just isn't allowed to say it.

At least he admitted he had no idea.

Maybe the poor farmers might just have an opinion about someone getting on a plane to go have lunch in HK all for the tidy sum of about 500k baht and the fact that surapon finds this perfectly fine might give some insight into how these scroungers and thieves spend the money they take from the poor

Shows what they think of their supporters when they throw something like this in their face but there again we are hearing it from Mr. White Lie himself.

Even if it's a complete fabrication it's still insulting that they feel safe enough that supporters won't bat an eye at this obscene flaunting of wealth.

A. Junta can do as it pleases.

By definition .

Australia bans them from its soil .( for that reason )

It's not based in civil laws internationally.

This latest rationale will only further make western nations move further away.

The Americans could well allow China to devour it.

The Thais are way out of their depth.

And may not make the swim back to shore once they realise they are being taken over.

Few are interested in their plight now

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

An illegally installed govt by coup has the power to do anything they like as they are responsible to nobody, certainly not the law

Well unfortunately that is where you're wrong dragonfly, The highest authority in Thailand (you know who, he who cannot be named) endorsed the NCPO & gave them a mandate to govern, so anything they do is technically legal.
Yingluck's problems that she is facing now are all of her own making, ie not being a dilligent leader, not tackling issues herself, missing the vast majority of rice scheme meetings (by her own admission) and having a terrible track record for missing hearings in which she is required to give testimony. Her immediate family members also have form for fleeing when it gets too hot.

Too much uncertainty here. Remember she would very likely still be in power to do as she pleases if her govt hadn't illegally tried to force through an amnesty bill at 4am. I think they som nam na

Technically. the Interim Charter is correct as the Rule of Law:

Article 1 & 2 - Thailand is a unitary and democratic monarchy.

Article 3 - Sovereign power belongs to all Thais.

Article 4 - Recognition of human dignity, rights, liberties and equality of the Thais.

The Thai Peoples must live by what is reality and not what is "technically" correct.