Phuket tuk-tuk driver charged with assaulting Australian tourist

webfact

Phuket tuk-tuk driver charged with assaulting tourist
Eakkapop Thongtub

1423552923_1-org.jpg
Mr Yang (center) was allegedly punched in the face after a dispute of a fare.

PHUKET: -- A Phuket tuk-tuk driver is to appear in court this afternoon (February 10) after being charged with assaulting an Australian tourist outside of Central Festival Phuket.

At 12:20pm yesterday (February 9) two Australian tourists went to Wichit police station to file an assault report against a tuk tuk driver. The injured victim, Yang Sipeng, 21, was still bleeding from his lip and nose when he arrived at the station with his girlfriend and a translator.

Mr Yang told police that he and his girlfriend took a tuk-tuk from the Sugar Palm condo in Talat Nuea to Central Festival with the understanding that the fare would be B20 each. However, once they arrived at Central Festival the tuk-tuk driver said the price was B200 each.

An agruement ensued and Yang took out B100 to pay the driver hoping it would put an end to the argument. However, the driver snatched the B100 out of Mr Yang̕s hand and threw a punch at his face before speeding away.

At 5pm, the tuk-tuk driver, Chinnarat Kaew, 42, turned himself in to police and was charged with assault. He will appear in court this afternoon.

Mr Yang is currently receiving treatment at Dibuk Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tuk-tuk-driver-charged-with-assaulting-tourist-50957.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-10

Nowhere in the world has 20 baht fares for a private vehicle and a 4km ride. The idiot should have known this. No wonder the driver got angry when he tried to palm him 40baht

How curious that you think everyone knows the value of everyone else's currency, and the approximate value of for example, tuk-tuk fares.

You must be very blessed with superior knowledge of just about everything yourself.

Well done. You're a lucky person.

Seriously. 20 baht is 70us cents. Do you really think that's going to get you a private vehicle? And Chinese Australians are acutely aware of the value of a dollar Edited by Bogan Koori
  • Like 1

You can still go 4 kilometres in a TukTuk in Pattaya for 20 Baht.

Yes in a baht bus. But if you try to hire the whole baht bus then it starts to resemble Phuket's tuk tuk prices

The baht bus fare in Pattaya is 10 baht, not 20, but yes that is a bus not a charter.

Nowhere in the world has 20 baht fares for a private vehicle and a 4km ride. The idiot should have known this. No wonder the driver got angry when he tried to palm him 40baht

How curious that you think everyone knows the value of everyone else's currency, and the approximate value of for example, tuk-tuk fares.

You must be very blessed with superior knowledge of just about everything yourself.

Well done. You're a lucky person.

Seriously. 20 baht is 70us cents. Do you really think that's going to get you a private vehicle? And Chinese Australians are acutely aware of the value of a dollar
Even Bangkok Taxis charge more than that for flagfare.

Pseudo Australian. He thinks he is back in homeland Beijing with expecting to pay 20 baht each.

Your comments are disgusting what do you know about Australia ?

Australia is a multicultural country and he is most properly born there.

With a name like hans gruber you should be more worried about Nazies.

Want more ?

I was born there, my decendents came on the first fleet.

Australia has become a hive of criminal gangs from Asia and the middle east.

We don't have white Christmas is Australia unless your at Thredbo so I guess youre one of the ones I was referring to.

Want more?

Edited by hansgruber
  • Like 2

Pseudo Australian. He thinks he is back in homeland Beijing with expecting to pay 20 baht each.

Want more ?

Want more?

Yes carry on

Want more ?

We don't have white Christmas is Australia unless your at Thredbo so I guess youre one of the ones I was referring to.

Want more?

Yes I am one of the ones you referring to I was born in Germany came here 42 years ago

but I am an Aussie for long time you don't seem to change at all even you are a immigrant

as well the only true Aussies are Aboriginals and I guess you are not black whistling.gif

• Like 1

How many times do you hear on Sukhumvit...telling you 20 Baht all day SCAM?

The Thai tuk tuk drivers are spineless cowards....This kid looks 15 yrs old.....I would have come back with a shim for a present and say thank you......

• Like 1

He's only 21 so he may have been born in Australia to parents that made Australia their home decades ago, "Pseudo Australian" is a bit presumptuous.

Especially from another immigrant but then I find they are usually the worst.

He's only 21 so he may have been born in Australia to parents that made Australia their home decades ago, "Pseudo Australian" is a bit presumptuous.
Well, if you notice the guy on the left, he is from the Chinese consulate in Phuket.

So if he is so well spoken in English, why is he using the consular official as a translator even though he holds an Australian passport??

He is only Australian when it's convenient. They never really assimilate as they stick to their own.

Edited by hansgruber
  • Like 2