Quickest way from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta

keestha

Once more a simple question to the big city folks from a Phangnga hillbilly.

A customer is asking me what would be the quickest way to get by public transport from HKT to Koh Lanta. His plane lands at 09.10.

I was thinking about taking the Airport Bus to Phuket Town, and then take a bus/songthaew/taxi to Ratchada and proceed by ferry, is this realistic?

Take the ferry from Phuket via phi phi to Krabi and another ferry to Lanta.

Be careful who you book with, my friends and I booked this trip with an agent which she charged 700baht pp. After setting off, after about 25 minutes we realised we were going north, over the bridge to the mainland and so we travelled all the way to koh lanta by minibus, not the pleasant and relaxing ferry ride we were expecting

Be careful who you book with, my friends and I booked this trip with an agent which she charged 700baht pp. After setting off, after about 25 minutes we realised we were going north, over the bridge to the mainland and so we travelled all the way to koh lanta by minibus, not the pleasant and relaxing ferry ride we were expecting

Sure, something got lost in translation there but for 700tb pp to Lanta is not a bad deal. Thats what the ferry runs actually a bit more, 800 I think.

Yes, OP, these last two posters are your options.

Ground:opposed to the schlep of taxi to Phuket Town to only board another sche*t bus, to then cover ground you already covered, then off the island for a 3+ hour ride to the first car ferry , actually an hour just to get off the island make that an even longer schlep, I'd PM poster laban for the van company airport to Lanta.At 700tb this is a good option.

Water: get a taxi to Rassada Pier, prior,check the schedules online for Andaman Wave Master, Tigerline Ferry (there are others I can't remember) know what time you're suppose to be there and just turn up. Tigerline I think has online booking. Would not recommend water route in the rainy season.

Sure, something got lost in translation there but for 700tb pp to Lanta is not a bad deal. Thats what the ferry runs actually a bit more, 800 I think.

Yes, OP, these last two posters are your options.

Ground:opposed to the schlep of taxi to Phuket Town to only board another sche*t bus, to then cover ground you already covered, then off the island for a 3+ hour ride to the first car ferry , actually an hour just to get off the island make that an even longer schlep, I'd PM poster laban for the van company airport to Lanta.At 700tb this is a good option.

Nothing got lost in translation, she just ripped us off, that actual trip by minibus was on her itinerary sheet at 600bt pp, the ferry journey was 800bt pp like you said but she said she would discount because there were 8 of us, we asked her to clarify the details of the trip on no less tgan 3 times to which she replied that we would be getting picked up and taken to the port to catch the ferry, when asked which port she pointed at the port on the map.

Edited by mick01827

Nothing got lost in translation, she just ripped us off, that actual trip by minibus was on her itinerary sheet at 600bt pp, the ferry journey was 800bt pp like you said but she said she would discount because there were 8 of us, we asked her to clarify the details of the trip on no less tgan 3 times to which she replied that we would be getting picked up and taken to the port to catch the ferry, when asked which port she pointed at the port on the map.

What did it say on your voucher?

Off topic remark. I almost regret kicking in this post, cause since I did it wherever in the internet I go, I am followed around by ads from phuketferry.com.

Yes I know I should wipe cookies from my hard disk. Somebody else, depending on his online activities, might be pestered with ads for weight loss methods, second hand cars or gay nightlife venues.

• 10 months later...

I've did this last year. Booked with PhuketFerry.com for my trip from Rassada to Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta. They offer the cheapest ferry tix. Took a metered taxi from Phuket airport to Rassada Pier in Phuket. There are morning and afternoon trips so you should be fine. Would only take about 3 to 4 hours.

Edited by NYGuy816