Ticks

Hello,

In the hot months, my 4 dogs get an injection. They get it every month (I think 8 times/year). The ticks still come but they die as soon as they suck blood.

As 2 of the dogs are too big (and too wild in pick-up) to go to the clinic, the doctor comes home. I pay 450 Bahts for injections and for coming out. I think the injection is 100 Bahts each.

I tried special shampoo or powder but they like jump in the water pots then it works only a few days.

Hope it helps

;)

Only thing that has worked for us is spraying Fipronil on the grass where the dog hangs out. You can buy it at a farm chemical supply store but make sure you get clear directions on dilution rates as you do have to be careful with it. Fipronil is the active ingredient in Frontline, but our dogs get sick when taking Frontline. Using its active ingredient at the source of the ticks makes more sense than injecting a dog with poison. One spray application lasts three months and we normally do not see a single tick a few days after spraying until the full three months are up.

• Like 2

Only thing that has worked for us is spraying Fipronil on the grass where the dog hangs out. You can buy it at a farm chemical supply store but make sure you get clear directions on dilution rates as you do have to be careful with it. Fipronil is the active ingredient in Frontline, but our dogs get sick when taking Frontline. Using its active ingredient at the source of the ticks makes more sense than injecting a dog with poison. One spray application lasts three months and we normally do not see a single tick a few days after spraying until the full three months are up.

My 9 month old Schitzu cross had a bad reaction to Frontline as well. He became quite distressed with what was an allergic reaction. It did get rid of ticks but I had to bathe him the day after I gave him the Frontline to wash off the chemical because he didn't look well.

I recommend monthly injections (cheap if you do it yourself) or tablets containing Ivermectin.

Our Rottweiler/Labrador mix dogs never have tics and doing great.

Ivermectin also takes care of the notorious Farang dog killer Heart-worm .

Visit http://www.vetdepot.com/using-ivermectin-safely-in-dogs.html for more info.

• Like 1

I have been using this for many years: En-Dex 4000

There is also En-Dex 8000 for larger dogs. I give my 35 kg German Shepherd one (1) En-Dex 8000 Tablet each month.

This stuff works well on my dog. Better than anything my vet could come up with.

The En Dex products work great IMO...I use it on our dogs with excellent results.

For skin irritations/ailments I have found that Bayers Bayticol E. C. 6% diluted

with bottled drinking water according to the package instructions (follow carefully)

is also excellent. Spray the Bayticol on your dog with a hand sprayer, let the dog(s)

run free.

Edited by sunshine51

I recommend monthly injections (cheap if you do it yourself) or tablets containing Ivermectin.

Our Rottweiler/Labrador mix dogs never have tics and doing great.

Ivermectin also takes care of the notorious Farang dog killer Heart-worm .

Visit http://www.vetdepot.com/using-ivermectin-safely-in-dogs.html for more info.

+1. We do ours ourselves too, but once every 8 weeks.