RIP Doggey Monster Bar.........

bangmai

Nimman, Soi 11, about 70 m from Nimman.....Never a promotion, high rent, sparse crowds...it was a Thai owned place aimed at tourists. I see there is a little bit of demolition going on behind there, but I doubt that is the cause of the closure. Another lesson in how to not survive in the CM bar business.

I don't think that any of the small bars lining the side streets around Nimmen ever last more than a year or two. The bars are often run by a Thai couple and I imagine they get tired of being slaves to the place.

A bar near my house has had eight different "owners" in the last six years. It started out as a private house and has now been converted into a decent looking bar, since every new "owner" sunk some cash into renovations. I think the couple running it now are probably making a living, but just that.

yeah, they seem to have their own little clique hanging out drinking the revenue, no prices posted, maybe a few younger backpacker types, but no regulars....possibly could have worked in some shack in Hang Dong, or farther out...with much lower rent, but it seems like the mom and pops get the volume and regulars out there; not some weird theme. BTW, Dayli started as a shack selling cheap beer, and they have really evolved 9 years later....even have indoor plumbing. Sky high land values might be their demise. But, just like BKK, this years cool place with cheap beer and tons of fun, might be next years skyscraper project.

The one near Beer Republic is still going on. I assume it is housewives but maybe not. Something odd is taking place on Nimmen Soi 5 way down near the Palm Springs condo show unit. Thai men hanging out drinking in the middle of the day and women in short skirts inside the doorway.

It's all fine with me but it's a bit weird to walk past there.

I think that one is still going in the evenings....I had heard housewives moved to soi 1.

It's been a while since I checked (I assure you it was a quick check and rapid exit), but the yellow house was primarily an afternoon and early evening place. They usually seem closed after 10 p.m.

I wasn't aware of anything on soi 1. Are the housewives also, um, somewhat past their prime?

The one near Beer Republic is still going on. I assume it is housewives but maybe not. Something odd is taking place on Nimmen Soi 5 way down near the Palm Springs condo show unit. Thai men hanging out drinking in the middle of the day and women in short skirts inside the doorway.

Women in short skirts and men drinking beer. Perhaps they're the sales staff for Palm Springs.

Re

Housewives has shut ?

Errr ummm errr the one down the concrete ramp has been demolished but the original one ( as far as i know )

See pic ... Was open yesterday !

Dave2

That's the place. Just to be clear, anyone going there hoping to find the kind of cute young ladies that frequent the rest of the Nimmanhamin area will be seriously disappointed.

Women in short skirts and men drinking beer. Perhaps they're the sales staff for Palm Springs.

Hopefully Dave2 will go take a picture and then we can see if the people look like sales staff : )

As far as I know the place near the Beer Republic with the ugly paint job is open 10 AM to 10 PM.