Vintage Clock Repair

RayBan

I recently brought back with me from UK my Grandma's antique French pendulum wall clock. It was working perfectly before transport from UK to LOS, but sadly at this end the transportation of such a journey made it give up the ghost. This clock is a special part of my past and I would very much like to have it repaired without having to go take it all the way back to UK. I am willing to travel anywhere in LOS to have it repaired, can anyone help me with this????/

Your assistance out there would be much appreciated............RayBan :o

Suggest you Contact the Clock Museum at Vimanmek Palace, corner of Rajavithi & Rajasima Roads (Bangkok) – where King Rama V’s grandfather clock collection is maintained and put on display for the public. King Rama V was a prolific collector of clocks.

Unfortunately I don’t have a phone number – but I know it exists because I went inside it in April while on my quaterly dreaded BKK trip!

They would certainly be able to tell you who to contact in BKK – if not be willing to undertake the work themselves.

Tim

Thank you guys for the replies and the PM from you Maizefarmer, I will follow up on the number you sent.

Also many thanks to Frequentatore for a very interesting article, I will certainly visit the weekend market when next in Bangkok and see if khun Prayong is still there.

I am sure other guys interested in clocks would enjoy reading your webpage link that you sent me. Because you have named the link "My Webpage" I do not wish to automatically attach it to this reply. However I am sure many will enjoy something unexpected in Bangkok, a fine array of antiques by the looks of things.

Thank you all once again.............. :o