Isaan Farmers Meeting No. 12.

AA1

When?

and

Where?

I, sadly, was in Europe & the US when you, Bergen, kindly hosted Meeting no 11 and have been fairly hectic since BUT recently realised that I had not seen you all recently.

Was a Venue or Date arranged for the next meeting?

If not, can we all have offers from anyone kind enough to act as host for the next Meeting (no. 12). Do not worry if you have not hosted one before as not much work involved and as some of us have hosted 2 Meetings we will be very happy to give you any help and advise you need.

Usual arrangement is as many of you know:-

Arrive at Host's home about lunch time for drink(s) and maybe light snack to meet/catch up with others coming.

Afternoon. Have a look our host's 'farm' or other venture.

Later. Back at Hosts home, have a drink or 2 with everyone to chat about what we have seen (or anything else!) and then finish with a bbq. or similar which also needs washing down

before

retiring to a local resort to rooms pre-booked to recover before returning to our homes next day.

All this is the sort of idea in the past but nothing is fixed and the host can plan for what fits with them.

Farmers plus wives or husbands or what have you are all welcome

Drink. This has very generously been sponsored in the past.

Offers to host the next Meeting will be much appreciated.

Edited by AA1

WormFarmer and Bergen for your support.

Bazmlb. Thanks very much for your interest, hope to meet you WHEN we can find a Venue!!

I am a Norfolk (UK) man so obviously I have to be a hopeful optimist and support Norwich City F.C.!!

Do you know it is exactly 10 years to the day that our NCFC owner made her World famous Half Time speech and here I quote from the BBC today.

• Let's be havin' you

Posted at

09:10
    _81305360_delia.jpg

What Premier League teams need for encouragement is a bit of Delia Smith.

It is 10 years ago (yes, TEN YEARS!) to the day since the Norwich owner and famous telly chef took to the microphone at half-time to try to get her side's fans behind her team in a 3-2 defeat by Manchester City at Carrow Road.

Those immortal words were: "Where are you? Where are you? Let's be havin' you. C'mon."

---------------------------------------------------

Now 10 years later I would like to use her words to inspire someone to host our next Meeting!!!!

"Where are you? Where are you? Let's be havin' you. C'mon."

WE look forward to hearing from you and will be extremely grateful.

I missed FIVE meetings in a row because of succeeding happenstances. The last one, organised by someone who seemed to be a very nice Thai guy, went off without me, the participants went home with their free samples of mushroom cultures, and we heard NOTHING more about how this went.

I dunno, the spirit and zest that were a part of the farming group seem to have gone. I myself gave up on revolutionising Thai agriculture very early after arriving here. It is TOO HOT for me to work 12 hours a day, and I got older. I am guessing that a few of our leading members also have become disenchanted with agricultural life in Thailand and that the idea of sitting around with old farts like me doesn't appeal to too many people.

You want to see a subsistence level Thai rice farm? Ok, we have one but you will have seen it in an hour and we don't have room or time for people to sit around drinking my beer.

I am very happy with my life here so don't go telling me to go home.

Sorry if I sound a trifle cynical...

Its a shame people. In the farming community can't support this as it is a great way. To meet people. Just like you support this the idea its great and good luck to all

Rgds Russell

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I can't. Believe. It ends like this travel. Look at. Different. Place. In Thailand. And meet new friends. Bizarre. I have no words. Sorry I for one enjoyed. The time I went or maybe there is only 10falang farmers ?????????

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not much enthusiasm it seems, pity. FYI I have been told by our regular beer sponsor that if a meeting does ever happen then there will be the usual beer sponsorship, so come along somebody to be a host for a meeting - it's not all sitting around listening to old farts!

Hi we will host one a little later in the year, anytime after August. Sorry can't do anything sooner we are in the middle of harvest here at the moment, house still to finish although nearly there with that, and a couple of trips abroad in the next few months which make it difficult to do before then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Might be interested in joining a meet, my farm is still early days, we only have an old hut there at the moment and I am in UK until October, but who knows if you want to visit a 10 rai plot after the rice has come in I might be able to do it then. In fact, would be a good time to get some of those worms...will be ordering when I get there in October. :)