Expiring passport, non-imm visa and entering Thailand

So i have this issue i have been pondering about. My passport is valid until 24th September 2015 and my current non-imm o visa (child) 90 days have already ended and i'm on the 60 days extension which means i have to leave Thailand 28th March.

I'm going to leave Thailand for Europe around end of july so what i'm basicly asking about is this...

Am i correct in that i can leave Thailand 23rd March 2015 (monday), get new single entry non-imm o visa (child) from Savannakhet and enter Thailand on that same day? Because between 23rd March 2015 and expiration date on my passport (24th September 2015) is 185 days (6 months). As to my knowledge a passport has to be valid 6 or more months from the entry date?

Can i also extend the non-imm o visa by 60 days without any issues even though by the extension date my passport would only be valid around 3 months?

Or...

I could always renew my passport in Bangkok but i rather not spend 20k baht "for nothing" if the above works "just fine" as i would have to make two trips to Bangkok involving air plane fares and the 500% more expensive passport.

No! You cannot obtain the visa on the same day as application!

All nearby countries require a passport to be valid for 6 months but Thailand will permit entry if the passport has sufficient validity to cover your stay.

You could apply for another visa earlier and then seek another 60 day extension if needed.

You will be able to get a new visa as long as you have six months left. Why not do it a little earlier?

You can no longer get same day service. You submit day 1 before 1130 and pick up in the afternoon of day 2.

You can get a 60 day extension on your new entry. Your passport only has to be valid for the length of stay.

Savanakhet no longer does same day visas, you now get the visa the next working day.

To apply for a single non-O many consulates require that the passport is valid for at least 6 months. For an extension of stay immigraiton now has the rule that the passport must be valid for the intended duration of stay. In otherwords you should be fine.