Farangs need to pass "Thainess" course to get teacher license

Thaivisa News

Just another bullshit hoop they expect us to jump through. The schools are already struggling to find native English speaking teachers. They should do away with the TCT it has no interest in education just in making themselves 'look' important, implementing ridiculous requirements and in justifying their positions. If they really had any brain cells they would create a standard nation wide curriculum with lesson plans included for English teachers to follow, they could allow a time margin in which the teachers could apply their own methods of teaching or expand on what was taught. They should do away with the TCT course requirement and replace the requirement for a degree with an English proficiency test (A degree in 'sports science' for example doesn't mean your English is any good). It could then be the school's responsibility to monitor the performance and competency of that teacher which could then be reported back to the TCT if need be.

Thailand, land of incompetent leaders and 'too scared to rock the boat' subordinates.

Thailand, land of incompetent leaders and 'too scared to rock the boat' subordinates.

Truer words have NEVER been spoken.

Thailand will NEVER stop being a third world country and the way it's going it might fall from that platform as well. But only MO. :-)

Thainess , so come 2 hours too late , play with your telephone the whole time , let somebody else do the work while drinking laokao , pay official in charge to give you the paper ?

Unfortunately it is clowns such as yourself that are very possibly a primary cause of the Thais believing that someone dealing with them on an educator level needs to be less ignorant.tongue.png

They should require Thai English teachers to pass the TOEIC exam like they do with the Filipino teachers. Of course 90% of the Thai teachers would fail since they are unable to understand or speak the language they are supposed to be teaching. But I suppose that means they pass the Thainess exam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow my answer seems to be connected to the text that I have replied to so I am placing this edited delineation in. My reply to DP25 is:

"Of course 90% of the Thai teachers would fail since they are unable to understand or speak the language they are supposed to be teaching. But I suppose that means they pass the Thainess exam." What a bunch of totally uninformed, speculative, know-nothing crap.cheesy.gif

Edited by techboy
  • Like 1

I notice that a large number of Thai-bashers are selecting various flaws which they attribute to Thai people and "cleverly" setting them down as Thainess. These morons actually believe that they are being witty and original when in fact they are demonstrating that they are all of the same dull, nasty, unimaginative ilk. It is amazing that many of these jokers speak about dishonesty of Thais while they incessantly and deliberately set down lies in the form of malicious mischaracterizations and uninformed speculations. And they talk about the Thais. Whatever flaws the bashers find in the Thais- The Thais are not malicious and certainly not so just for the sake of being malicious- But the bashers get off on it. wink.png

And they should also require Thai teachers to pass certification exams on teaching critical thinking skills and preparing and grading non-multiple choice exams.

Is this the same guy that has said that the Thai education system in going downhill rapidly?

What a farce. This guy obvious paid a lot of money for his position. He has no clue whatsoever.

I say let them have their Thainess.

The truth of the matter is that those that have not left the country already would be more than happy to go back to swinging through trees.

This will be just another grab for money anyway. Wait until they tell us how much it costs.

Thailand is going further backwards every day.

cheesy.gifwai.gifcheesy.gifwai.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

Some people actually gave this a "like" They must actually think that YOU have any honest, real knowledge or insight! cheesy.gifwai.gifcheesy.gifwai.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

I notice that a large number of Thai-bashers are selecting various flaws which they attribute to Thai people and "cleverly" setting them down as Thainess. These morons actually believe that they are being witty and original when in fact they are demonstrating that they are all of the same dull, nasty, unimaginative ilk. It is amazing that many of these jokers speak about dishonesty of Thais while they incessantly and deliberately set down lies in the form of malicious mischaracterizations and uninformed speculations. And they talk about the Thais. Whatever flaws the bashers find in the Thais- The Thais are not malicious and certainly not so just for the sake of being malicious- But the bashers get off on it. wink.png

Just arrived and fallen in luvvv have we ? whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak

They should require Thai English teachers to pass the TOEIC exam like they do with the Filipino teachers. Of course 90% of the Thai teachers would fail since they are unable to understand or speak the language they are supposed to be teaching. But I suppose that means they pass the Thainess exam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow my answer seems to be connected to the text that I have replied to so I am placing this edited delineation in. My reply to DP25 is:

"Of course 90% of the Thai teachers would fail since they are unable to understand or speak the language they are supposed to be teaching. But I suppose that means they pass the Thainess exam." What a bunch of totally uninformed, speculative, know-nothing crap.cheesy.gif

Strange post! Why wouldn't Thai teachers be able to speak Thai?? Luckily TEFL teachers only need to speak English and I doubt that most language school TEFL teachers will need to attend the Thainess course anyway.

This sub forum needs stricter moderation. Twice I've posted the same relevant information which has (twice) not been discussed at all. Instead we get the same hackneyed 2nd or 3rd hand comments which are at best out of date & at worst completely insane.

If things don't improve quickly I won't be posting any information again.

Meanwhile, a new BM has started a new thread asking about this very subject. Presumably he gave up after the first 3 moronic responses...

• Like 1

OK manic,

if you come from West London: would you be able to teach Queen's English to cockneys?

Cockneys can already speak English. Accent is immaterial.

So there we have it,,, Do you say,,,,, You know what i mean mate,after every sentence? Bet you do ! poor Thai schools can tell the difference

I can just imagine. Little Korn comes home after school,after one of your lessons,and says Mom I am just going up the apples and pears as i need

a piss,you know what i mean?

Accent is every thing Prxxk Why do so many have elocution lessons later in life???? Becuse of teachers like you,know what i mean?

I'm about as far away from being a cockney as you could be! But I do know quite a lot about TEFL which you obviously don't. Nevertheless your trollish and increasingly amusing (for their stupidity) comments are doing wonders for keeping this thread going.

I take it you are from bongo bongo ?

I'm about as far away from being a cockney as you could be! But I do know quite a lot about TEFL which you obviously don't. Nevertheless your trollish and increasingly amusing (for their stupidity) comments are doing wonders for keeping this thread going.

No, Brighton.

No, Brighton.

Eubank country,As I said bongo bongo land I must admit Bethnal Green looks a bit like Bombay these days

Not to mention that there is no such thing as 'passing' or 'failing' the TOEIC exam.

No, Brighton.

Eubank country,As I said bongo bongo land I must admit Bethnal Green looks a bit like Bombay these days

555. I may look a little like Chris Eubank but I don't lisp like him! Anyway, where is this bongo bongo land you refer to?