Noisy travelers in hotel

Biloger

I don't think noise levels have increased particularily, I think it all comes down to where you choose to stay.

Sometimes some folks just can't move on and do something different, they visit / stay in the same places they did 10 / 20 years ago. They complain without realising that they are the ones that have got old / changed and the locations are no longer suitable for them.

The world is not so tiny that you have to keep going back to the same places.

Don't visit budget hotels then, problem solved.

I've learned that a hotel needs to have at least 4 or 5 stars with a 8.5 rating on booking.com, no or very few Russian, Chinese or Young Thai reviews and being LARGE like mariott, centara etc. You pay a bit more but you'll save yourself a lot of annoyance.

Edited by bkknow

I find it particularly frustrating when better quality hotels, that tend to charge a premium for nice facilities, block book 10's of rooms for a conference or tours that then disrupt the peace for everyone else.

Their quest to fill the rooms is short lived when people complain/post poor reviews.

Having said that the culture here is to accept that everyone has a right to make a noise whereas in western culture everyone has a right to peace.

oooh the noise. Get a grip everyone is trying to enjoy themselves. We have all been young.

You don't know the people in the other rooms. They maybe having to get up early for a meeting, maybe have sleeping baby in room, maybe light sleeper, could be an ax murderer too so be polite and keep the noise down. If you want to party go to a bar !

And thai people fit this category as soon as they occupy 2 rooms or more.

It only took three posts for the Thai-bashing to begin......

I had three complaints this week (I manage a hotel) and none of the noisy guests were Thai or even Asian.......

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Kids will be kids

How can you expect a bud load of kids to keep it down?

Just pray you do not get a load of kids and a load of chinese at the same time

Hope you wear protection

There's quality bedlam if I ever saw one.

I take silicone earplugs and a portable white noise generator and they pretty much guarantee a silent night.

My only concern is that if a fire breaks out, I probably wouldn't hear the alarm which would put me at risk of being incinerated or asphyxiated.

Sometimes you just can't win.

Some people forget where they are once they close their hotel room door. Because they don't see people around them anymore, it's like those people don't exist. But they do exist... they are just on the other side of the wall, above or below them. Funny enough they know how to behave once they come out and realize where they are...among other human beings!!!

Don't visit budget hotels then, problem solved.

I've learned that a hotel needs to have at least 4 or 5 stars with a 8.5 rating on booking.com, no or very few Russian, Chinese or Young Thai reviews and being LARGE like mariott, centara etc. You pay a bit more but you'll save yourself a lot of annoyance.

You said it, the thing is though we come to Thailand because its cheap, in six years living in Thailand couldn't seen anything worthwhile for a holiday apart from the girls. When you start booking 4 and 5 star hotels makes going on holiday to Asia pointless.

Isn't it culture and age related ?

Thais and Israelis think nothing of being noisy at night, its considered acceptable. I don't think the Thais thought they were doing anything wrong.

Young people think noise at night is cool, older people hate it and make complaints.

Germans and Americans talk very loudly in public, but are generally quiet in hotels.

Brits and Ozies talk quieter in public, and are usually less of a problem at night.

Its not a 100% rule, but something I've noticed.

When I've had problems with idiots in hotels, its generally been to do with alcohol.

Different nationalities and age groups sharing one space can be a problem.

Fly in a couple times a month and stay a couple weeks each time.

Why not get an apartment?

I don't want to be contracted to an apartment, besides I like the service at the hotel ....

money is no option here, I have millions and just enjoy coming and going when ever I want.

Fly in a couple times a month and stay a couple weeks each time.

Why not get an apartment?

I don't want to be contracted to an apartment, besides I like the service at the hotel ....

money is no option here, I have millions and just enjoy coming and going when ever I want.

From what you say you're here all the time anyway, just get a serviced apartment and pay month to month. Then you can leave all your stuff in the rooms and you don't even have to pack.

It is their holiday too

They have paid for the room(s)

Let them enjoy their holiday/vacation/stay

Ever hear of mutual respect? I believe the main reason most people book a hotel is to sleep. I would never dream of complaining about a noisy oub or bar, that is what these venues are there for. But I go to my hotel to sleep, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1