Is anyone ill in Chiang Mai?

JulieM

Today I woke up to the sound of my neighbor coughing her head off. The lady who cleans my place also is a bit under the weather. Yesterday, for the first time in years, I had a bit of a runny nose and today a bit of a sore throat. Is there some bug going around?

• Like 1

I had a not-so-common common cold last month that lasted three weeks. No fever, just ordinary cold symptoms; cough, congestion, sneezing, etc., which lasted about two weeks, and coughing lasted three. Several of my friends had the very same. One went to the doctor at Loi Kraw who prescribed antibiotics, but he didn't get well any faster than the rest of us. All of us... three weeks!

• Like 2

I had a not-so-common common cold last month that lasted three weeks. No fever, just ordinary cold symptoms; cough, congestion, sneezing, etc., which lasted about two weeks, and coughing lasted three. Several of my friends had the very same. One went to the doctor at Loi Kraw who prescribed antibiotics, but he didn't get well any faster than the rest of us. All of us... three weeks!

Yep............thats the one..................sad.png

Stay off Park Drive cigs!!!;)

Two weeks ago, my GF fell sick for three days, with fever, soar throat and coughing, and stayed one whole day in bed. She then passed it on to me. So I fell sick for three days, with fever, soar throat and coughing, and stayed one whole day in bed dazed in front of the computer screen. Now we're both fine.

That's what 'flu shots are for.

Which flu..........?

What types of flu shots or influenza vaccines are available?

Flu vaccines now come in two forms: trivalent vaccines protect against three flu strains (two Influenza A viruses and one Influenza B virus), while quadrivalent vaccines protect against four flu strains (two Influenza A and two Influenza B viruses). The traditional flu shot is available in both trivalent and quadrivalent forms, the high-dose flu shot and the intradermal flu shot only in the trivalent form, and the nasal spray flu vaccine only in the quadrivalent form.

Yes, a thai dr said we have a flu pandemic 2 weeks or so ago, and this week one of the junior schools out at Sansai closed for the week as so many kids ill, but I dont know what with. So something going around for sure.

Stay healthy -fresh fruit, lots of juice/vitamins, no ciggies, no alcohol. Boring eh??!!

• Like 1

From Dr. Morgan's website, February 2015. Also a couple at the office have it. One wearing the obligatory face mask. biggrin.png

We have been seeing substantial numbers of patients with influenza "A" in the past 2 weeks. Many have been tested and confirmed having Influenza A, (By onsite Binax Now Flu A B rapid test, not a PCR confirmed) you may have the flu if you have some or all of these symptoms:

1. Fever (mostly high fever)

2. Sore throat but not everyone with flu will have a fever

3. Cough

4. Runny or stuffy nose

5. Body aches

6. Headache

7. Chills

8. Fatigue

9. Sometimes diarrhea and vomiting

http://www.healthcaremedicalclinic.com/news-view.php?view=83

Influenza type AH1N1 has hit several schools, a 3 day flu, no trouble but bed ridden.

That near month long cough has been around for three months.

Other mild colds prevelent this time of the year.

Not really news, same every year in the cold season. Dengue fever in June-October is much more worrying.

In reply to Chicog about flu shots....the only time I ever got one of these, it resulted in the worst flu/bug that I've ever experienced. And as the saying goes....once bitten, twice shy. I will never get a flu shot again.

That's not to say it won't work for the majority of others.

Just my experience for what it's worth.

• Like 2

A few days of clean air might help!

Certainly not in Chiang Mai. Just back from a trip to Ang Thong and Khorat and I might advice Khorat for the moment.

No quarantee what it will be next week over there, but CM is definitely not improving. Where is the Doi Suthep? Not even

hot burning season. Oh well, a red sun is what they show you in SF movies, but it will soon be reality again in CM.

• Like 1

In reply to Chicog about flu shots....the only time I ever got one of these, it resulted in the worst flu/bug that I've ever experienced. And as the saying goes....once bitten, twice shy. I will never get a flu shot again.

That's not to say it won't work for the majority of others.

Just my experience for what it's worth.

I share exactly the same experience as CMKiwi.

A few days of clean air might help!

Yes, in Pattaya we've had a bit more wind off the sea the past couple of days, which has blown away a little of the smoke and I've noticed that I'm breathing easier. There have been times in the past few weeks when I felt like I had pleurisy or bronchitis, but I'm pretty sure it's just the air quality.