Socialite Kan-anek tests positive to using 'ice'

Lite Beer

Socialite Kan-anek tests positive to using 'ice'
The Nation

30254066-01_big.jpg

Kan-anek Pachimsawat

BANGKOK: -- Businessman and socialite Kan-anek Pachimsawat has been arrested for allegedly using the drug "ice" and possessing it with intent to sell.

He was released yesterday on a bail guarantee worth Bt350,000.

Deputy national police chief Pongsapat Pongcharoen said Kan-anek admitted to using "ice" but denied all other charges.

The officer said he had ordered the inquiry into Kan-anek's suspected wrongdoing be widened. He said Kan-anek's assets would be seized if the charge of him selling "ice" proved solid.

Kan-anek married a beauty queen in 1983. His son Kanphitak made headlines in 2007 when drove his Mercedes into a bus stop, killing one person and injuring many others, in a road-rage incident after an accident with a city bus driver.

A team from Bangkok's Sutthisan police station knocked on the door of an apartment on Thursday night and found Kan-anek in possession of "ice" flakes and drug equipment, they said. A urine test later showed a positive result for him using the drug. The "ice" weighed about 0.77 gram, which police said Kan-anek admitted was his.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Socialite-Kan-anek-tests-positive-to-using-ice-30254066.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-14

Poor guy must be going through hell at the moment. I can attest to ya ice leaving behind a rather nasty hangover. Edgy, irritable, on the verge of explosive temper tantrums, and that was without the added trauma of being arrested by the world's bent-est, and having my face plastered all over the media.

OK - something is really "wrong" here.

This has nothing to do with that Yaa'Ice. Especially when they start to talk about seizing assets.

Anyone here know, who this dude is connected to - other than a lot of senior-ranking police? Also even googling in Thai, does not reveal the name of his Real Estate Developer company....anyone know the name?

A fun little fact, after reading the last article again. I remember the Hotel, he was arrested in. It is by not a short-time/love-motel place. Its run by a bunch of young kids, who lived in London for a while. There are also a good portion, of younger Farangs, from the startup scene frequenting the place. So its by no means a shady place, and is not close to Huai Kwang "soapy area"...

Why were the Thai police "knocking on the door?" Are the police and general Prayuth planning to bust these Thai hi-sos like his son and the Ferrari Sukhumvit cop killer? Is that wht the Thai police were "knocking on the door?"

Let us hope so. Time for justice.

btw - love the bracelet. 'Silver' suits him

Edited by NeilSA1

They caught him with 0,77 gr of ICE, and that is intent to sell? That will be some really small baggies.

If he is tried using the same judicial system that convicted the less rich model Yooyee for a lesser amount of the same class of narcotic, he will get a 15 year + sentence. Does anybody expect him to be tried under "those" set of rules?

This will be a bell weather case, did the military really clean up Thailand? I know the answer to that, so here is what will happen. This socialite will drag on his case for years with expensive delaying tactics, he will never be punished and eventually this charge will be forgotten about.

He pissed off the wrong person and now this is payback time.

Can't say I have any sympathy for him as obviously it was his connections that got his son out of jail when he should have been serving at least 20 years for vehicular homicide

Connections are oh so important but that can be qualified by saying the ' right ' ones and when regimes change the previous right ones can become the wrong ones as we have seen already.

Wonder where his connections stand in the current atmosphere ?

Poor guy must be going through hell at the moment. I can attest to ya ice leaving behind a rather nasty hangover. Edgy, irritable, on the verge of explosive temper tantrums, and that was without the added trauma of being arrested by the world's bent-est, and having my face plastered all over the media.

LOL.

GF of mine got arrested with a few gram on her and quite enjoyed herself during the night she had to spent in jail.

Plenty of other girls to talk with who all got picked up for the same offense.

The required donation came to 160 thousand.

They caught him with 0,77 gr of ICE, and that is intent to sell? That will be some really small baggies.

If he is tried using the same judicial system that convicted the less rich model Yooyee for a lesser amount of the same class of narcotic, he will get a 15 year + sentence. Does anybody expect him to be tried under "those" set of rules?

This will be a bell weather case, did the military really clean up Thailand? I know the answer to that, so here is what will happen. This socialite will drag on his case for years with expensive delaying tactics, he will never be punished and eventually this charge will be forgotten about.

Not the same class, or schedule as it is known in Thailand, Yooyee was caught with 0,25 g of Cocaine, a schedule II, this man has been caught with Ice, a schedule I. Also not the same crime, Yooyee was caught smuggling at the airport, so not simple possession as in this case. Not sure what "rules" Yooyee was tried under but according to Thai law her crime carries a maximum sentence of 10 years!

Absolute clown, this guy finally getting some comeuppance (not much admittedly). Face is lost completely and i doubt he'll make any more ridiculous statements in future.

Wonder if they can arrange a sting of sorts involving his son, he certainly merits some bad karma seeing as he never did a day inside despite being sentenced to 10 YEARS. Anyways it's a start

Wow, do any of you geniuses have any idea what chemical solvent residue is in that "ice" you're doing?

When I grow Panama Red back in Colorado, I know exactly what's in it, because it's organic....

Who do you think is doing ice here?

Organic or not...paranoia is a bitch...

• 1 year later...

LOL.

GF of mine got arrested with a few gram on her and quite enjoyed herself during the night she had to spent in jail.

Plenty of other girls to talk with who all got picked up for the same offense.

The required donation came to 160 thousand.

that is defamation since the BIBs have always stated that there is no such thing as 'donations'

Why were the Thai police "knocking on the door?" Are the police and general Prayuth planning to bust these Thai hi-sos like his son and the Ferrari Sukhumvit cop killer? Is that wht the Thai police were "knocking on the door?"

Let us hope so. Time for justice.

btw - love the bracelet. 'Silver' suits him

Oooh.... You are awful......... But i do like you............................

If he has pissed off someone in the military, and it really looks like he has, then he is in deep doodoo. The military haven't really 'cleaned up' anything, especially the rotten practices of the Thai police. Merely replaced the colour of snouts in the trough. Wonder if this guy will also "commit suicide" in military detention, same as recent BiB and CSD officers.?

http://www.asiasentinel.com/opinion/another-suicide-in-top-thailand-police-ranks/

If he has pissed off someone in the military, and it really looks like he has, then he is in deep doodoo. The military haven't really 'cleaned up' anything, especially the rotten practices of the Thai police. Merely replaced the colour of snouts in the trough. Wonder if this guy will also "commit suicide" in military detention, same as recent BiB and CSD officers.?

http://www.asiasentinel.com/opinion/another-suicide-in-top-thailand-police-ranks/

Fall ill or commit suicide? Not until the process of seizing his assets has been completed.

When you are high up and fall, it is a long way down.

I think we may see a lot more of this sort of thing when the inevitable happens.