Warranty on new Bikes.

NoshowJones

I bought a new PCX about nine months ago, can anyone tell me what the warranty is (I believe it is three years but could be wrong)? What does it cover? Everything I got with the bike is written in Thai.

The reason I am asking is a slight whirring noise is coming from my back wheel, my local Honda dealer has to send to Bangkok for a part which cost me 400 Baht, I am not worried about the money, but it could have been something expensive to fix. That is why I want to know about the warranty. Thanks.

On my 2013 - 3 years or 30,000 on everything.

5 years or 50,000 on FI system

Service intervals to be adhered to and work performed by a qualified service center, in my case Nat motors CNX

Does not cover consumables i.e. engine oil, tires, bulbs.

Edited by seedy

On my 2013 - 3 years or 30,000 on everything.

5 years or 50,000 on FI system

Service intervals to be adhered to and work performed by a qualified service center, in my case Nat motors CNX

Does not cover consumables i.e. engine oil, tires, bulbs.

On everything except normal wear and tear? Thanks Seedy, the thing I need replaced is a small circular thing, I don't know whether the 400 Bt is the full price or a deposit. the local Honda agent peoples English is non existant.

On everything except normal wear and tear? Thanks Seedy, the thing I need replaced is a small circular thing, I don't know whether the 400 Bt is the full price or a deposit. the local Honda agent peoples English is non existant.

Can you send a pic - maybe I can ID the part.

Can you send a pic - maybe I can ID the part.

I can't, but the guy at the Honda dealer showed me a picture of two or three small rings which come from the rear part of the bike, I noticed the whirring sound after a return journey from Phichit to Pattaya, hope this helps. I can't see why it is not covered by the warranty, I had just got my 8000 K service when I pointed it out to him.

Find out exactly what has to be changed, then call up OCPB and ask if it should be covered by existing warranty.

Then when dealer does the job and wants the payment, tell them it should be covered by warranty as you were advised by OCPB.

You will find dealers tone will change upon hearing the magic word

I can't, but the guy at the Honda dealer showed me a picture of two or three small rings which come from the rear part of the bike, I noticed the whirring sound after a return journey from Phichit to Pattaya, hope this helps. I can't see why it is not covered by the warranty, I had just got my 8000 K service when I pointed it out to him.

Hard to be sure. Maybe bushings from the centrifugal clutch ?

$15.00 - not enuf to worry about.

If you're referring to the wheel bearings, most motorcycle warranties don't cover them after a certain distance has been ridden- while they should last a long time, they're still considered a 'consumable'- car warranties usually cover them, though.

Yes, I think that's it, the wheel bearings, I remember a similar sound on my car years ago.

Hard to be sure. Maybe bushings from the centrifugal clutch ?

$15.00 - not enuf to worry about.

I think RubberSideDown has got it, thanks to both of you.

Sounds like the drive clutch - maybe the bushing on the arms. Hard to tell - I can't hear it on my laptop !!!

Is is like a whirring noise ? No click-click-click ?

No click-click-click, yes, a whirring noise, I am saying a whirring noise because I don't know how best to describe it, but not loud, I never noticed it until I started the bike again.

No click-click-click, yes, a whirring noise, I am saying a whirring noise because I don't know how best to describe it, but not loud, I never noticed it until I started the bike again.

Mine makes a little noise too. Seems more loud than new, but getting close to 6400km service so km are adding up.

Does not seem too critical - When I am on the canal road, or riding by any concrete barriers, the noise increases - but am sure just a sound reflection.

Not too worried about mine, but if you have any concerns maybe have the boys in the shop have a look.

Can't do too much else from where I am unfortunately.

I got a new drive belt cover yesterday, just waiting for a quote on having it chrome plated.

When I get it back I plan on removing clutch arms / weights and putting Never-Seeze on all pivot points, and the output shaft itself.

See if this helps, as I am thinking is just a dry metal-on-metal noise.

The weights on the end of the clutch arms do rotate - me thinks this is it. The lube will prevent metal-to-metal contact so should be more quiet.

Fingers crossed !

Mine makes a little noise too. Seems more loud than new, but getting close to 6400km service so km are adding up.

Does not seem too critical - When I am on the canal road, or riding by any concrete barriers, the noise increases - but am sure just a sound reflection.

Not too worried about mine, but if you have any concerns maybe have the boys in the shop have a look.

Can't do too much else from where I am unfortunately.

Your right Seedy, I'm not concerned about it as the Honda guy listened to it, and knew right away what it was. A girl behind the desk told be they had to send to Bangkok for a part and asked me for 400Bt which I paid.

I was concerned about the warranty in case something happened before it was up. Thanks for your help.

I got a new drive belt cover yesterday, just waiting for a quote on having it chrome plated.

When I get it back I plan on removing clutch arms / weights and putting Never-Seeze on all pivot points, and the output shaft itself.

The weights on the end of the clutch arms do rotate - me thinks this is it. The lube will prevent metal-to-metal contact so should be more quiet.

Fingers crossed !

I'll let you know what happens.

For parts covered under warranty, I believe the dealer has to claim back off Honda. More paperwork, more hassle and delay in receiving payment. Dealers would like you to forget about warranty. But if you politely ask, they will usually do it and give you a frown!

For very good customer service, call Honda direct on their customer service line 02-725-4000. They have an English language desk too. They are very good. Have your bike numbers, frame / licence and any Honda PCX club no. (if it exists) handy.

For parts covered under warranty, I believe the dealer has to claim back off Honda. More paperwork, more hassle and delay in receiving payment. Dealers would like you to forget about warranty. But if you politely ask, they will usually do it and give you a frown!

For very good customer service, call Honda direct on their customer service line 02-725-4000. They have an English language desk too. They are very good. Have your bike numbers, frame / licence and any Honda PCX club no. (if it exists) handy.

Thanks mate, I'll do that.

Fingers crossed !

I think the noise is coming from the engine, it's like SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH. You cannot hear it when you are riding, only when the bikes stopped and the engines running.

I think the noise is coming from the engine, it's like SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH. You cannot hear it when you are riding, only when the bikes stopped and the engines running.

You will get some noise from a belt final drive, as the drive pulley turns with the engine but the belt is stationary until revs rise.

Maybe this is it ?

You will get some noise from a belt final drive, as the drive pulley turns with the engine but the belt is stationary until revs rise.

Maybe this is it ?

Maybe, I will let you know what happens. I'm due a road trip to Chaing Mai in a couple of weeks.

Just to let you know Briggsy, it was under he warranty, and my 400 Bt was returned. Thanks again.