Seven Africans arrested for duping Thai women

Lite Beer

Seven Africans arrested for duping Thai women
The Sunday Nation

PATTAYA: -- Seven African men were arrested in Chon Buri province for allegedly duping nearly 100 Thai women of Bt10 million totally in the past five years, Chon Buri police chief Pol Maj-General Nitipong Niamnoi told a press conference yesterday.

The suspects were Nigerians Williams Chinwedunna, 39, Kenneth Ovuegbe, 40, Emmanuel Onyedikachi Iromuanya, 32, Uchechukwu Nwaogu, 30, Mater Ukwugu, 26, and Udoji Fidelis Anaekwe, 31 and one Ghana national Kofi Mensah, 37. They were arrested at a southern Pattaya apartment along with seven computer notebooks, 11 cellphones and three computer tablets. The gang reportedly confessed to the crime.

Nitipong said the suspects allegedly pretended to be white wealthy European men. They wooed the victims via Facebook and online dating, promised to relocate to Thailand and marry them. They claimed that they had sent them expensive gifts but they didn't pass through Thai Customs hence the victims should help pay the Bt100,000-Bt200,000 in "fees", or they invited the victims to join a high-return business investment. The men were charged with illegal entry and police was trying to locate the victims to press more charges later, he said, urging their victims to contact the Muang Pattaya Police Station.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Seven-Africans-arrested-for-duping-Thai-women-30254110.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-15

Is the Thai media racist?

Why is it that there are relatively few articles about Africans in the Thai press, but virtually all of these articles are crime-related ones (419 bank scam, black money scam, internet dating scam)?

For once, can I see some articles about black Africans in Thailand doing things in Thailand which show black Africans in a good light?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Just thinking out loud .... oh, and I forgot the drug pedlars.

I am not African, or even black, but wanted to give Africans a shout out.

Which leads me to wonder - which Asian country would be considered the most black African-friendly one? Perhaps Malaysia, with the Islam/Muslim connection?

• Like 1

Some stupid cow in Malaysia who was a secretary in our office got done TWICE by this sort of scam

Phone call from "Immigration" saying her man had the wrong visa but they could let him in for a deposit of 5000rm paid into an account. The stupid cow was calling people asking to borrow the money

• Like 1

When in doubt (=always when strangers - and most others - offer you free stuff), check here:

http://www.419eater.com/

<<<< Link to another forum removed >>>>

Edited by metisdead
13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

Why is it that there are relatively few articles about Africans in the Thai press, but virtually all of these articles are crime-related ones (419 bank scam, black money scam, internet dating scam)?

For once, can I see some articles about black Africans in Thailand doing things in Thailand which show black Africans in a good light?

----------

Mission impossible! I wish I could have helped.

But, at least, I can show a black African in a good light:

post-153532-14239845536839_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Of course it's illegal what those guys did, so they deserve a punishment. But to send a high amount of money to strange guys or for strange guys who they only know from the Internet deserves a lesson as well. I don't feel pity with that stupid girls. I guess, they earned their money too easy.

• Like 1

Is that a rhetorical question?

Just thinking out loud .... oh, and I forgot the drug pedlars.

I am not African, or even black, but wanted to give Africans a shout out.

Which leads me to wonder - which Asian country would be considered the most black African-friendly one? Perhaps Malaysia, with the Islam/Muslim connection?

I have flown a dozen times from Addis Ababa to Bangkok, on Ethiopia Airlines, looked around and only see a few white faces - the Business/First class is filled with well dressed 'moneyed' Africans . Most have originated from West Africa, travelling thru Addis to BKK or onward to Malaysia - vice versa on the return, normally the plane back to Addis from BKK is 3/4 filled with returning Africans that were in Kuala Lumpur - so I am sure there are a good number of legitimate tourist Africans .................. but there is always a % of bad guy/gals as well. Just like any Ethnic Group - I'll hold my tongue on my opinion the of ethnic groups from North Africa and the Middle East rather than risk censorship.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nigerians my friend, not black Africans.

That would be a very short article....
  • Like 1