Leaving Thailand for good

maxme

Don,t you just love the foreign criminals here.

The primary point I take from your post is, you deal with integrity.

That, I miss the most.

Virtually non-existent here.

You need to have some integrity yourself before you can expect to find it in others. In your case, you may be in for a lifelong search.

Another bar stool psychologist.

And I'm not just talking about the Thais, there are some real low life foreigners here.

The kind of "entrepreneurs" that would be jailed in the west.

Shove your conjectures.

biggrin.png

Not really.

I detest them more than the corrupt Thais actually.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who wonders what Im doing still here in TVF, I want to say that reading all this bs happening in Thailand just makes me feel better about my move.

That does explain a lot about why those who've left are still posting on TV....although you seem to have a severe case of "selective reading." But I hope all the malcontents and miserable mugs who are still in Thailand read your Vietnam post and decide to follow you out there. Maybe they'll prefer a Communist country to what we have in the LOS.

It's actually good that people who left share their experiences, even though probably most of them do not want to have anything to do with "LOS." Why are you so afraid of people who think differently from you?

A keen observation tsigane.

The answer is this:

When one member innocuously articulates an opinion, calmly and nonconfronationally, and the Thaier Than Thais respond with venom and false quotes and foul predictions about the member's wife, it is because the Triple-Ts are social misfits.

Notice how, to a person, they "brag" about how they live only with Thais, vehemently eschewing their own countrymen who are, to a person, "illiterate, miserable, barstool-hugging drunks and whoremongers incapable of uttering a single word of Thai."

The most zealous of TTTs were social misfits in their home countries, and that's why they moved overseas. They think they fit in amongst Thais, but they underestimate the intelligence and perception of the very people they claim are superior to westerners.

This, of course, includes the TIT's original iteration, which is why they have gone native.

They are, by the way, the same males who scream loudly, painting with a wide brush all American/British/Australian women as fat, ugly, and angry.

Why? Because that is who they were once married to.

They attack us, because we are capable of interacting with others in a socially acceptable manner, of improving our lifestyle and circumstance and surroundings, and they can't.

Lots of anger and resentment. They are angry we can afford to live where we want. Like a trapped animal, they lose all reason, bare their teeth, and attack, attack, attack.

EDIT: spilchicker

Edited by HeijoshinCool

Leaving Thailand for good ? probably not but am seriously considering spending less time here.

I`ve lived here about 5 & 1/2 years after having had many visits previously.

When I first moved here I didn`t even want to return to my " home country " ( UK, area, a little north of London )

I hate the cold, other than that not too much to complain about the UK.

Thailand obviously beats it for me re. climate.

My alternative for part time away from Thailand is likely to be Italy, have visited for many years.

Last year I spent 3 weeks in the UK, 5 weeks in Italy.

Later this year I am planning 1 month UK, 2 months Italy, looking forward to it.

( Thanks to those who have posted views/experiences with both Portugal & Spain, both seem to also have appeal )

Maybe I have become a bit jaded with Thailand, maybe partly my fault but that is how I feel.

Some aspects I like, some grind me down.

Those are my genuine current thoughts anyway, as well as being a little jealoussmile.png when the American posters mention how cheap some items are in the US ( compared to UK )

As a Brit I`m sure the health costs would be prohibitive for me, otherwise I`d give that thoughts.

I guess a 3 month travel health insurance policy might be OK if I wanted to spend some time there.

All the Best

thanks HeijoshinCool but we didn't need a rerun we've all seen the vitriol these feminazis can spew a million times already.

but yeah sometimes one tends to forget why one is here and can need a reminder a couple of times a year.

'Feminazis'?

Huh?

thanks HeijoshinCool but we didn't need a rerun we've all seen the vitriol these feminazis can spew a million times already.

but yeah sometimes one tends to forget why one is here and can need a reminder a couple of times a year.

'Feminazis'?

Huh?

I don't think the word means what he thinks it means.

And there you go. That didn't take long. A small, insignificant portion of the female population in the west, but to you, all western women are feminazis.

Thanks for so quickly and avidly proving my point, so well you even admit it is why you are here.

I'll remind you again in six months.

'Feminazis'?

Huh?

I don't think the word means what he thinks it means.

It does, and it doesn't ….

Hard to say, after five years here, I see it in all its Splendour, my biggest bug, is Dangerous Driving everywhere, it's enough to put you off going out...

Lots of positives that's for sure....

See what happens in the future....

good on ya, but please tell me how did you manage to stay there for 5 years....what is the secret of getting visa

And there you go. That didn't take long. A small, insignificant portion of the female population in the west, but to you, all western women are feminazis.

Thanks for so quickly and avidly proving my point, so well you even admit it is why you are here.

you like 'em so much why did you marry thai. i rest my case.

Because my American wife, who was a fine woman, was killed by a drunk driver.

A month later I put in for my vested pension, sold everything, and began traveling.

A month later I put in for my vested pension, sold everything, and began traveling.

was the drunk driver you, or another feminazi?

not good enough. you still have a thai wife now that you know the difference.

So very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear hat...

one thing i wont miss about thailand is the constant money issue. it hovers over most interactions either in the form of questions, prices or small daily interactions in a way i dont get in the west.

Who the heck are you hanging out with? I'm around Thais all the time, professionally and socially, and I never get any of this "constant money issues" that you speak of. That's the problem with some farangs in Thailand. You associate with certain types of Thais and assume all other Thais are the same. How about get out of the gutter occasionally?

yeah, dual pricing is pretty much mythology now.

one thing i wont miss about thailand is the constant money issue. it hovers over most interactions either in the form of questions, prices or small daily interactions in a way i dont get in the west.

Who the heck are you hanging out with? I'm around Thais all the time, professionally and socially, and I never get any of this "constant money issues" that you speak of. That's the problem with some farangs in Thailand. You associate with certain types of Thais and assume all other Thais are the same. How about get out of the gutter occasionally?

Do you run into dual pricing on a daily basis? I certainly don't.

I don,t have this problem either. Either (A) Your behavior is pissing someone off or they think your a common tourist idiot. (B) You are dressing like a slob and pissing off the locals. © Have a bar girl in tow showing your just another low class foreigner. (D) Can not speak a word of Thai after twenty years. (E) Or all of the above. I never have these problems. If i think the price is higher than normal i just go elsewhere . No thai is holding agun to your head. The word NO does wonders.

Pretty common if you go shopping for food in the markets.

Most markets I go to have the prices clearly on display.

Every one of these delivery trucks selling fruit, vegs or whatever have the prices on display.

Dont think I have ever been dual priced at the gas station, when paying the phone bill, electric or water bill, the can insurance is the same price as Thais pay, same for car parts such as tyres and batteries.

7 doesnt appear to have a dual pricing policy, I dont see it on a daily basis where I live in Bkk.

For example. Three women are selling a small plate of tomatoes with no price. Have you ever thought of asking every one what the price is.? Do you have any idea what the going rates for produce is at the markets? Ever thought of listening in what the woman next to you is paying ? Or are you having all these problems because you can not speak a word of Thai?

Dont think I have ever been dual priced at the gas station, when paying the phone bill, electric or water bill, the can insurance is the same price as Thais pay, same for car parts such as tyres and batteries.

7 doesnt appear to have a dual pricing policy, I dont see it on a daily basis where I live in Bkk.

Gas station scam, they don't zero the pump before filling, common in CM, not just tourists but anyone who doesn't get out and watch them.

Phone bill, that's a big company.

Electric bill, plenty of condos overcharging their residents (not if you pay electric company direct).

Water bill, big company.

Car Insurance, big company.

Car parts or garage work? you gotta be joking, foreigners often pay more, and parts you don't need, and labor padded.

Every one of these delivery trucks selling fruit, vegs or whatever have the prices on display.

If you are a good comparison shopper and speak Thai you can eliminate price gouging of foreigners almost entirely. A couple of vendors have had to learn the hard way that overcharging will results in the loss of a customer.

The only place dual pricing is practiced openly is at national parks and tourist sites. It is the government's right to do this, and if you don't want to pay, don't go. Many universities and colleges in the US give preferential pricing to in-state students vs. out of state students. Same, same, no difference.

Like i said i never have all these weird common problems i hear the foreigners whining about. Learning thai saves you a great deal of money, time, gains respect and much more. But if your so focused on getting drunk, hanging with your foreign bar buddies and chasing bar girls you deserve to get screwed. Avoid the tourist restaurants, hotels, travel shops, and just about anywhere they hang out and all your problems suddenly disappear .

If you are a good comparison shopper and speak Thai you can eliminate price gouging of foreigners almost entirely. A couple of vendors have had to learn the hard way that overcharging will results in the loss of a customer.

The only place dual pricing is practiced openly is at national parks and tourist sites. It is the government's right to do this, and if you don't want to pay, don't go. Many universities and colleges in the US give preferential pricing to in-state students vs. out of state students. Same, same, no difference.

Bob Simon, one of US CBS TV Network's most experienced war and hot-zone correspondents over nearly 50 years, died in a car crash last week in mid-town Manhattan -- so one can never tell, can one? BTW he had a great voice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/nyregion/bob-simon-cbs-correspondent-is-killed-in-manhattan-car-crash.html

“It’s a terrible loss for all of us at CBS News,” Jeff Fager, executive producer of “60 Minutes,” said in a statement. “It is such a tragedy made worse because we lost him in a car accident, a man who has escaped more difficult situations than almost any journalist in modern times.”

Edited by JLCrab

the larger chains are more sly they have things called member cards. so tourist farang miss out on the cut price items. sure you too can get a card and get the discounts too, but then there are places like family mart where inquiring about the free card that was displayed prominently as available, i was told farang cannot

if at the markets and no price displayed i assume this means that those items are not for sale and go to the next vendor without stopping.

Everyone rationalizes their actions in order to justify their decisions, based on some pretext... It's human nature, even when their statements really don't pass the smell test... In this case, I'm not sure how anyone could state that living in Thailand is more expensive than living in the US... Yes, crap you buy in Walmart is cheaper and electronic gadgets are cheaper due to little or no import duties being imposed on imported good, while at the same time the cost of day-to-day staples rise dramatically...

One factor alone will blow your budget in the US over what you spend in Thailand and that is health care... Unless you and your family are fortunate enough to be covered by a health-care program under which you have no premiums, you will be sorely reminded of the ever-growing cost of health care in the US on your return... And please don't forget that health care insurance coverage is now mandatory in the US...

In 2006, the average family in the US spent an average of $6,400 on health care per year...

In 2014, the average family in the US spent an average of $16,500 on health care insurance and costs per year...

Using the above example, health care, my current annual premiums in the US for 70/30 coverage with a $4500 deductible is $10,860 per year and this is through a retired execs program with a former employer, thus reflecting a 20% discount... My annual premiums in Thailand for 100/100 coverage with $0 deductible is $2,140 USD...

Of course I have just returned to Thailand a few months ago, so perhaps my rose-colored glasses need adjustment, but my cost of living has dropped significantly since moving back... To the tune of being 45% cheaper to live in Thailand vs the USA, while having a better lifestyle...

To each their own, it's what makes the world go round, but please don't blow smoke up our skirts...

I am a US Navy veteran, so I get discount Rx and sick care from the VA if i want it. And i am exempt from the Obamacare tax. I have no health insurance since 1992 when I became self-employed. i have Safeguard dental PPO for $12/mo. I divorced my filipina hostile wife in 2000, so that problem is gone. Currently need 2 dental implants and 2 sinus lifts. Am looking overseas for a better deal than here. Maybe Hungary or Israel. Otherwise, I agree with OP about cheap supplements that keep me healthy.

He actually lays out, in detail, all the advantages an American has living in the USA vs Thailand. I first encountered Thailand in 1984 when my Navy ship anchored off of Pattaya beach. My 3 days of liberty were magical. i have had "yellow fever" ever since. Yet i have never moved to Thailand.

My most recent visit was nov 2014. Chiang Rai, BKK and Pattaya - then Manila and Boracay with a filipina gf. I try to imagine what living there would be like. Too many negatives and not enough positives to make me leave my peaceful condo in Palm Harbor, FL. The slim, young ladies who smile at me in SE Asia (and the cheap massages) are really the only draw. Everything else is better here in the US.

One word of caution to the OP. When you sponsor your foreign wife to the USA, you put yourself in danger of losing half of all your assets. If you have a child together, you are on the hook for 18-21 years of "child support" and will only see you kid 4 days a month - IF the mom cooperates. If the wife decides to accuse you of violence or rape, you WILL go to jail. Then she can get a restraining order and you cannot return to your house - it's hers now. well, you get the picture. The feminist jihad against men is in full swing, so GOOD LUCK.

I plan to live in Thailand for the duration.

But if for some reason I had to leave, these would be my parting words:

Thank you, Thailand, for your acceptance, your kindness, your welcome, your warmth, your smiles and your laughter.

Thank you for all that you tried to teach me, even though I only soaked in a tiny bit of all you had to offer.

Thank you for your patience, and your willingness to let me discover things for myself.

Thank you, Thailand, for letting me be who I am and for letting me discover who I am.

Thank you for giving me the chance to be a husband and a father.

Thank you for helping me to grow as a person, and for helping me feel my life had purpose and meaning.

Thank you for helping me understand what's important in life.

I love you, Thailand. I miss you already, Thailand. I will never forget you.

Thank you, Thailand.

Thank you, thank you, thank you."